Masters Running

40s+ On the Run w/e 4/11 (Read 347 times)

flatland mountaineer

Hi all. We got more snow yesterday, 2 or 3 inches of the heavy wet stuff. Hope to get in 3 or 4 this morning while my roads are still kinda froze up as they will be a muddy mess in a few hours. Jonathan loaned me his trigger point kit for my achilles and brought it up to my house the other morn. I told him my runs have been sucky all week, he said the weather probably has something to do with it so don't worry over it. In other words "Embrace the Suck!!" Now where have I heard that before? Wink Have a great Good Friday 40's kids!! MTA easy 3 in 4 wheel drive, roads were softening fast. A run for the birds. The doves were cooing, the pheasants cackling, the medowlarks singing, the redwings screeching as the sun came up over the white prairie this morning.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

MTA easy 3 in 4 wheel drive, roads were softening fast. A run for the birds. The doves were cooing, the pheasants cackling, the medowlarks singing, the redwings screeching as the sun came up over the white prairie this morning.
      Sounds wonderful! What's a trigger point kit and how is it going to help your Achilles? Why do I ask? Because my right one is killing me. I thought the time off with my surgery would help, but as soon as I started running again, pain again. I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse, I can get through this upcoming run and SOB in July, then take some time off to nurse it back to health. We'll see. As opposed to "embracing the suck" this morning, I embraced my pillow. I figured getting some sleep was more important right now than putting in 3 miles. Slept much better, but am still tired and could go back into snooze mode very easily right now. I finally got our pictures downloaded to photobucket. There are a lot, and I deleted quite a few, too! Hopefully, by the end of this weekend I'll get something written up about the trip. Have a wonderful Good Friday, and a blessed Easter weekend.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Leslie its the Trigger point therapy thing is kinda a glorified "stick" and or foam roller concept. Trying to get the releases Cindy got for me with massage that doesn't involve driving. Don't know how it will work but thanks to Jonathan it was free for me to try. They have a good website. http://www.tptherapy.com/ I better get back to work.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Welcome back Leslie! Sounds like a great trip Smile. Jim, did you put Jonathan up to sending me Running Times in the mail? I don't subscribe, but two just miraculously arrived in my mailbox. Weight lifting class 2X this week, and running 3X so far. Just short hops to clear my head of debits and credits, but better than nothing. I can now move the next day after lifting, so I guess that's progress. Gotta get back to embracing the work suckage now. It's gonna be a loooonnnnggg week, and I don't mean miles! Happy Easter!
          Progress Trumps Pefection
            Hey Everyone - I need all the positive thoughts, vibes, and prayers you can muster. The 16 yo granddaughter of one of my dearest friends has been missing since Monday. The story leading up to this is way too long to get into here, but she is not the type of kid to run away. Never has been, never been in trouble, nothing. She's a good kid. Had a spat with her mom and went for a walk - which she's done before. However, this time she hasn't returned. Her friends are saying they haven't heard from her. Please keep this family in your prayers. Hoping and praying with everything inside of me that she's staying with a friend and they aren't saying anything.

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Leslie, lots of prayers and good vibes coming your way for your friends granddaughter. Hoping that she is "staying over" at someone's house and they just don't want to tell. I'm sure a safe return is forthcoming.......will keep her in my thoughts and prayers for a safe return. Jewels
              But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                Leslie....that's the first time I've used your real name.....it seems kinda strange (for some reason, calling you fatozzig doesn't seem strange....now that's strange)...anyway, I do hope things turn out ok for your friends granddaughter. Prayers being sent for a safe return and comfort and strenght for the parents and grandparents. Jim gettin' it down in 4x4....low lock no doubt. I've been paying attention to my achilles lately. Self massage and icing is doing the trick. Hope your's continues to improve. Your's too fatozzig...I mean Leslie. Leslie,,,I've looked at some of your pictures. Very nice. Thank you for sharing them. I'll get back to look at the rest later. Carol....bless your heart, don't let the work suckage get you down. This time of year must be tortureous. Stick it to the man, as soon as you get a chance. Hey Jewels and Joe and mtnchck and ultra and salty....and evryone else. 6 easy miles for me today. Beautiful weather, 63F no wind. Happy Easter, indeed.
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  Leslie....that's the first time I've used your real name.....it seems kinda strange (for some reason, calling you fatozzig doesn't seem strange....now that's strange)
                  Smile Thanks for the smile! Smile Especially since I - eh hem - have never asked you your real name. Roll eyes

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Easy couple + with a fast interval or 2 thrown in for fun and just assume the weather was nasty until I tell ya different. Angry MTA Oops that could be interpreted diferently than how I meant it. Just seems lately our weather just has stayed crummy not that I mind talking about it. Just makes running and more importantly farming difficult. We need 3 or 4 good days suitable for field work before the 24th of April for planting to start on time. Carol hope your "harvest " goes well Smile, thats what the accountants in this farming community call tax season. Carol shhhhhh you weren't supposed to tell, now everyone will expect RT for free now. Smile Ev send me some of that nice weather. Got a stack of soil test results to muddle through........later gators

Smile Thanks for the smile! Smile Especially since I - eh hem - have never asked you your real name. Roll eyes
                      Well....are you asking now? I kinda like "Ev". Shory for Evry. But my real name is Bill. But most people call me Bill. Some people call me J.R. Jim, we are having some really nice weather after what seems like a roller coaster of weather conditions. The dry conditions along with fierce winds has caused some devestating wildfires. On Thursday, wildfires burned over 200 homes in the Oklahoma City area....Midwest City and Choctaw were hit especially hard. But yesterday and today winds have calmed down and the weather is beautiful. We've got a really good chance of some much needed rain later this evening and tomorrow. If When it comes, there will be celebration and thanksgiving. Will be sending some good weather your way.....
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        Bill + Ev = Bev. No? Oh, alright. Evil grin Big grin Been watching the news with those devastating fires. Prayers and well wishes to those who have been touched by this disaster. On the positive front, my friend, Marlene, called while I was in the shower after my run. The Hub talked to her. Her granddaughter has been found, but other than that, I know nothing else. Thank you for your prayers. So many times these things turn into tragedies. I hope it was just a teenager taking out her frustrations as opposed to anyone having done anything to her. And if it was teen "crap," may she come to realize just how much needless pain she has caused her family over this past week. Did 11.70 miles in the Arcata Community Forest today, my longest trail run in well over a month. Egads! Shocked And because Karen is getting ready for a very hilly 50k next month, we did a lot of climbing. Double Egads!! Shocked Shocked Coach Bil showed up for about half of what I had left to do, and by the time we got back to the cars, my legs were seriously torched. Holy crappola. Karen had 22 on her schedule today, Bill about 10 I think, so I bid them fond farewell, happy to be going home. All I want to do right now is take a nice long nap. Unfortunately, I have transcription work to do, and we're going to the roller derby tonight. That should be fun! Speaking of transcription - I just got a butt load of it from the Public Defender's Office for some murder trial. So far, 7 standard size tapes with more to come, and I have no idea how long each tape is 'cause they rewound them to the beginning. The County has authorized no more than $300 for transcription purposes. Guess what my total bill is going to come to?? Smile Okay - gotta get some work done. Have a great weekend, peeps!

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

jfa

Hi Kids- Leslie- Very happy that your friend's teen showed up.That's scary stuff indeed. And nice long trail run for you! Bill + Ev = EvryBill .Nah, too generic. Boy between you and Jim , Ev, you guys are going through some serious weather stuff! You gotta be tough to be a Midwesterner! Black eye getting up early tomorrow for my last 20 before the race !! Happy Easter Everyone!

My dad used to say, "Whenever it's too hot (cold, windy, rainy, snowy...... you name the weather condition) for evryone else, it's just right for me." good luck on the last 20 miler Joe. Leslie, I'm glad your friends granddaughter has been found. Nice trail run. Just got back from 12 miles in the rain. Very fun! I love running in the rain.