Masters Running

Fridaily (Read 40 times)

Slo - Hi-Ya!!

Tammy - Sounds like David is doing fantastic.

Jay - Leave your wallet at home!

Ack!!!  Clients have been driving me crazy the last two days!!  Especially when they drop by unannounced, which one does on a consistent basis.  One of these days I'm simply going to have the front tell him I'm not available and he needs to make an appointment.  . . . can I charge extra for the irritation factor???

Okay . . . now that that's off my chest . . .

One of our new judges came and talked to our legal professionals association last night.  Sadly, only  8 people showed up - 6 members and 2 attorneys.  On a positive note, though, we all just sat around the table eating dinner and talking to him, getting to know him.  It was a small, intimate group and I very much enjoyed it.  He seems like a really nice man with a great sense of humor.

I didn't get to sleep 'til some time after 11:00, which is WAY late for me, so I didn't get up 'til after 7:00, so no core/ST . . . yet.  I'll do some light stuff when I get home.

My heart really goes out to everyone who is dealing with family members who are practicing addicts. It can be so overwhelming and heart-breaking and mind-numbing and frustrating and, and, and . . . . Hugs to you all.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Happy Friday Masters!!

30 min spin, 55 min Body Pump, 1.5 mile treadmill

90 minutes of myofascial release treatment, hurts so good!!  Left hip a little twingey where I had the small labrum tear last year - making me nervous, right hip tight .... need to pay attention to my body, stretch and foam roll.

Oh - it is April isn't it????? Sure wouldn't know it by the weather we are having here in MA!!!

Packet stuffing for Boston commenced this afternoon - my shift is Sunday afternoon --- soooooo exciting!!!

denise

wildchild

Carolyn

I'll add my sympathy for those of you dealing with addiction issues with family members.  I feel incredibly lucky that those issues have never hit close to home for me.  My DD and DSIL are planning to come up for a short visit, Saturday night and Sunday.  I sure love those kids!

We have the wintry weather many of you are expecting tomorrow.  I went for my long run today with  my training partner, Siri.  I could have gone yesterday and had much nicer weather (I was in shorts yesterday!) but I wouldn't have had company.  We managed 20.4 miles in 5 hours, in light snow flurries.  3750 ft elevation gain/loss. It was 35° and overcast when we started, and down to 26° and snowing at the end.  We were  both carrying raincoats in case it was rain instead of snow, and were lucky we had them, because even though it was snowing, we both got really cold about mile 8.  We figured we could take the raincoats back off if we overheated, but wore them the rest of the run.  I tripped and fell at about mile 15, but luckily I was wearing gloves and mitten shells, which protected my hands, so no harm done.

Hi, Slo!  You sure have a cute grandkid - I saw his picture on FB.  Welcome back!

Good luck at your marathon, Tet!

I have some friends signed up for the Rockin' K 50k tomorrow in Kansas, where the forecast is for cold and snow.  And there's a waist deep water crossing late in the race!  Not sure I'd be up for that.  I wonder if the RD will cancel or re-route the race.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

For me, it has to be the real degree symbol or nothing at all. I couldn't live with a goofy lower case, elevated "o".    I don't know why, but it reminds me of careless programmers.

{{{Mike}}} and {{{Deez}}} and {{{Starr}}}

Slo - Hiyah!  You don't have to run to pop in and say hello and such.  I changed that "have to run" rule years ago! 

DD's misbehavior for 21yo supervising DS during our vacation was mostly having several friends over when she was only supposed to have one at a time, and according to DS, there was the aroma of marijuana on more than one occasion.  The problem with DD's misbehavior is that it leads to pretty bad fights between DH and I.  As again today, I was completely backing DH, while DD tearfully is accusing, "You always take HIS side" only to have DH begin ripping on ME with sarcastic insults saying I am going to take DD's side and give in to her, when I have done no such thing and am standing there staunchly defending HIM.  This all ends with him saying he is removing himself from the whole DD parenting issue, and I can take over from now on (as if he has ever taken much part in the parenting of our children).  At no time during this discussion was I defending DD, only upholding DH's rules, but it is as if he hears nothing I am saying but has already decided what I will do.  Then he went up and counted the money in my wallet to make sure he knows if I give her any.  Sometimes I wish our friends could see how he behaves at home when they are all telling me what a lucky gal I am to have such a loving husband.  Right. Parenting, on the few times he has tried it, has never been his strong suit.  So much easier to sit on the sofa and criticize the way I am doing it.  (sigh)  It's like living with Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde.

Anyway, no run for me today.  We got in late last night and today I was caught up in laundry and catching up at work remotely to sort through and deal with the million or so (just seemed like that) emails and voicemails that showed up while we were gone.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

bioguy

Knock on wood another good day at school. I went home after work and got in a 5 miler before I changed and went into town and bought a couple of pizzas that I took to my classroom for review night. The AP exam is the second week in May and I do reviews on either Saturday or Friday nights as the exam gets close. We killed two pizzas and a box of cinnamon bread (carbs!) and worked through some old exam questions. Might rearrange my 16 miler for tomorrow as we are expecting a rain/snow mix.

Tailwinds!

Falconfixer I find your stories about air force life really interesting. Keep writing them up!

My solution for the degree symbol problem on computers where the alt-0176 trick will not work is a web search. In your browser type "degree symbol." One will appear. Copy and paste it into your post on the RA daily. Viola degree symbol! Or °!

Super busy day today. This morning I just bolted out of the house. When I got home I got out of the house fast as possible to go run. This was my first run outside since December or maybe November in shorts! Yea! It all comes to a crashing end now. Boo! Tomorrow we get yet more snow followed by another cold spell. As if we have really had a warm spell to change into a cold one. 

In case it slipped your mind, join the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club for this year's Reach the Beach Relay on September 14 and 15! We need you!!! We are not looking for speed. Just a group to throw a 30 hour party with in a couple of vans. So join today! Just send me a message via the RA messaging system and I will get back to you. If you have my regular email or prefer sending a Facebook personal message that is fine too. I can guarantee you will have a great time. That or you are clearly in need of psychiatric help!  Remember the sooner you sign up the less you pay!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

5.3 soaked miles

Another Pineapple Express is hitting us. Running in totally soaked clothes made me wistful for my years in Eugene.

Knock on wood, but our two teenagers are very responsible and trouble-free. They may swear a little too easily and often, but guess where they got that from?  I have every sympathy in the world for addicts and families of addicts, because it could so very easily be any one us in that situation.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I thought I would sneak my Friday's 8 mile run in on the Fridaily thread before somebody starts the Saturday thread.

There--I did it.