Masters Running

Guess What Day it Is? Wednesdaily 6.26.19 (Read 42 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay - a quick funny I didn't have time to post before - during my run this morning, I was running on a sidewalk where it suddenly jogs to one side and gets very narrow (24 inches or so) to accommodate a telephone pole on one side and a fence on the other.  Just as I was about to enter the narrowed area, a squirrel suddenly exploded out of the fence to my left to jump to the telephone pole to my right, skimming across the area in front of my face by about 12 inches.  Scared the crap out of me!  Probably the squirrel, too.  BTW, squirrels look HUGE when stretched mid-jump right in front of your face.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

LOL.  I'm glad the squirrel didn't cause you to fall!

2 treadmill miles after work.  This is it tonight for Vanderbilt baseball- all the marbles.  Here's hoping.  I am ready for this baseball stress to be over.  BUT- over with a World Series championship!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I'm just popping in to say hi and that I ran 6 miles.

That's all I've got time for.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

a squirrel suddenly exploded out of the fence to my left to jump to the telephone pole to my right, skimming across the area in front of my face by about 12 inches.  Scared the crap out of me!  Probably the squirrel, too.  BTW, squirrels look HUGE when stretched mid-jump right in front of your face.

neat. I've got corn on the cob and squirrel

feed out and, though not eating out of my hand,

I put the acorns right next to the winter to face-to-face

them, . . . and try to get them used to my hand

for possible future feeding.

Speaking of animals, small rabbits all over the place

this year, velvety buck along the fence line last evening

chewing the morning glories put up netting for

'cause I'm a morning guy too but DW doesn't

(and isn't) but now she's okay with my pampering

the morning glories, plus, after watching a chickadee

build a little nest in an outdoor shelf in the back

yard, it's now got five little eggs and

I have to use the other door.

Good thing I wrapped up a 2.5 mile morning run day with a 10-mile cycle’mute so I can belatedly pop and and rant about morning news casts having the democratic debates I want to watch starting at 10pm (I correctly assumed EDT but it was really 9pm) to say nothing of an abundance of coverage about the Oregon Senate walking out on the nation’s proposed “most progressive” global warming legislation without a mention of what was to say nothing of the debates not posting the names of the candidates I have no idea who there are at any time during their precious allotted time.  Didn’t used to but very glad now like running more than politics.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hello everybody!

I'm just popping in to say hi and that I ran 6 miles.

That's all I've got time for.  See ya!

next time pop in and say,

hi and that you ran 4 miles

and've got ten minutes to post.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

4 miles for me tonight. crazy windy here today and even some rain once inawhile. 

The Great American Race stopped in our little town this evening. Around 120 cars were scheduled to arrive between 5-8 pm and end in downtown, right next to my office, throughout the evening. But I didn't want to hang around in town but I did see several of them as they were driving inbound on the Redwood Highway from Cali as I was driving out of town. Pretty cool cars!
              www.greatrace.com

Tammy

1.5 "active rest day" miles. Streaking? Anyway, I always feel better on runs when I run every day, even if it's less than 2 miles.

I saw a squirrel from about 10' today, so not very impressive.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

What a day we had at work today at the utility office! Just before noon the power went out in the entire city and we didn't know why for quite a while. Someone had been digging south of town and the transmission line failed going to several cities.  We have a population of about 13,000 and I think at least 1000 businesses and residential customers called the office.  Our building has a generator so our phones worked and we stayed open.  Businesses, banks and restaurants had to close.  Everything is restored now, praise God.

I had planned to run after the band concert But it was getting dark so just sat on the deck with MrStarr.  I don't know if I told you all that he started drinking again three months ago.  He can stop when he wants to, last week on vacation with my family for instance. I am codependent and have trouble wanting to fix things. Somehow I can't let can't let him suffer the consequences of his behavior so I tend to cover up for him. A while ago he "fell asleep" in the basement without setting an alarm.  He has to be up at 3 in the morning for a paper route he does twice a week.  If he didn't deliver the bundles then nobody would get their paper and it makes me feel responsible. My pastor said I have to stop doing that and he is right.  So, last night I let him sleep in his truck when he wouldn't listen to me to come inside and set his alarm.  He had had a lot to drink and I was seriously worried about alcohol poisoning, but he's a big guy at 270.  Well, somehow he did wake up and got the deliveries done.  When I said good morning to him he gave me the remains of the bottle and asked me if I wanted to dump it out.  He didn't remember driving home with the big mower on the trailer..I hope this is the end of this addiction for him.  I had my 7th year sober anniversary last Tuesday.   I really feel isolated but have joined a missional community group that meets weekly. I decided I needed to take care of myself first.  It will take time to trust new people though and be able to share.

Long story, I know, but had to tell someone (when can I call you Leslie?) Thanks for listening.  Oh, I was going to run in the morning but due to rule Number 1, it will have to be yoga or qigong in the basement.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

{{{Starr}}} Yes, you need to take care of yourself. So sorry to hear of DH's backslide.

SteveP

Okay - a quick funny I didn't have time to post before - during my run this morning, I was running on a sidewalk where it suddenly jogs to one side and gets very narrow (24 inches or so) to accommodate a telephone pole on one side and a fence on the other.  Just as I was about to enter the narrowed area, a squirrel suddenly exploded out of the fence to my left to jump to the telephone pole to my right, skimming across the area in front of my face by about 12 inches.  Scared the crap out of me!  Probably the squirrel, too.  BTW, squirrels look HUGE when stretched mid-jump right in front of your face.

Your dogs have dreams about this.

(((((Starr))))) my heart aches for you.

SteveP