Masters Running

My second race ever (Read 236 times)

I was really touched by your report, lswife. You have accomplished a lot and are part of the "running family". Keep on "picking em up and puttin em down". Congratulations TomS
    stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Roberta--WTG on race #2 (of many more to come!!) I think you greatly exceeded your goal, too. What sounds even better is no mention of heel pain, so I hope that means you've gotten rid of that. It wure is fun to run in a racea nd feel great about it after. And everyone is right--we never get tired of hearing about how much someone enjoys running. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

coastwalker

Hi Roberta, Congratulations on going from last place last year to the top quarter this year! That's persistence! Good for you for sticking with it, and for doing it in such a way that you appear to love every step along the way. How cool that you can share race stories with the kids and be the running goddess to your non-runner family members. Intentionally or not, you have become an inspiration for every couch potato out there. Keep up the great work. Stop lurking, and keep writing! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

btb1490

I really loved your report! It is so inspiring! As well as running more consistently, how about posting more consistently as well? Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your wonderful day with us all!

Top 'O the World!

Heey Roberta!! {{{{{{{{ CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Cool Smile}}}}}}}} {{{{HUGS!!!}}}}}
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
              Fanstastic race. You bring back what most runners can sometimes forget...that running is about how it makes us feel not about the results... Congrats Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

PJH

I sense that your husband was not just being patient, but rather was glowing with pride as well. You did great! Congratulations on joining the runner's world! You should be aware however that it is addictive! Big grin Continued success and as others have said, keep posting! PJ
                  fun!! fun!! fun!! so glad you enjoyed your second race!! nice job and keep on running!!

denise

Racing is a lot of fun with the right attitude, which you have, and most importantly is a great motivator to stay fit. Your NRF's are in awe because they just do not know how much fun you are having which makes it so much easier to stay in shape.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

lswife

Thanks for all the super encouragement, people! I was just sharing my racing report on the forum and got all your kind words in reply. Thanks! Short things: In my first race, I was last-but-first: overall in the race, last, but since no one else my age group ran, I came in first. Smile And I've learned that when someone takes a picture of me running, to smile. My crossing-the-finish-line picture shows agony and emotion. Wink Finally, my husband is not only a "prince," but also my biggest cheerleader; and, yes, he does brag to everyone else about my running. Eeveryone - have a great weekend and run your best. If not your best, just enjoy the run.