Masters Running

The Daily Sunday Daily, 5.7.17 (Read 31 times)

I have been super busy with conference travel, the end of the semester and getting my own work done. I am not even going to pretend to get caught up here. I have only checked in sporadically over the past two weeks.

coastwalker I hope the hamstring attention helped and it feels 100% tomorrow.

Henrun I am a Pandora fan too. I quite like that I never know what song will come up next.

RunnerKSA I have had runs like that! You think you are living in an M.C. Escher painting. 

pfriese and Tramps can you send that weather my way?

dg. "untrained" but 3rd AG! Not that untrained!

catwhoorg happy anniversary! I hope you both have a great evening.

Holly S. have you moved to CT? We have the same horrible weather here.

stumpy77 I am going to be in Nashville for a conference the week after next. I think I am there Monday through Thursday. We should see if our schedules will let us get together.

wildchild I think that is a first, I never knew someone that would not do a race because it covered routes they typically run.

spacityrunner floating in your kayak? No rowing?

TammyinGP I can never get myself to do a run post race. Not after a 5k or any other k. Then to do the post race run faster than normal! 

Mariposai there is no such thing as an easy 20 miler good, bad or any weather. Doing it in hot and humid weather though is really tough! But, if you want to run 26.2 you gotta be able to run 20.

I am getting ready to start winding down my training for the Cork City Marathon on June 4. Not at the wind down quite yet. Today was 19 miles with 9 at (hoped for!) marathon pace. At first it was tough to talk myself into speeding up for the MP miles. But once I got started it was . . . still tough to talk myself into keeping up my speed.  But I did it. Then I got home and ate enough to replenish the calories from a 1900 mile run.  I think I will drown my sorrows in a mint julep. For the derby I make mint simple syrup to have a mint julep with the race. I always have some left over meaning it is mint julep weekend! Do not let anyone fool you. Making a mint julep with muddled mint does not substitute for mint simple syrup.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

SteveP

I pulled a DG myself. I got a wild hair up my patootee and entered a half marathon. The event had a 5k, 10K and the half.  There were about 35 people. I pushed but didn't get a sub 3 hour and finished DFL. However, it was still in the top 10 and 2nd AG.

The course was a simple out and back along a paved trail. I loved all the spring flowers. On the back, I was feeling the solitude. While plodding along a swampy section, I caught something out of the corner of my eye and it was coming towards my head. I jerked to the side and saw I had spooked a mallard who took flight.

SteveP