Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 12.18.17 (Read 42 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Saw a couple "real runners" at the trailhead, which is rare.

Just curious - what is your definition of "real runner?"

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I hate that about the train derailment and  haven't seen a report on how many lives were lost.  I started my legal career back in the 70s as a lawyer for a railroad and I was actually in a derailment where there were some injuries.  I was pretty much OK, but it's pretty scary.  My Amtrak train tripped over about halfway and got caught on some power poles which kept it from going over completely sideways.    This one is just horrific and I can't believe no one was hurt in the cars below.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Just curious - what is your definition of "real runner?"

Runners who are competitive in the open, not age group, category. These guys looked like they were in sub 30:00 10k shape.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

I guess I would change "real runner" to "young, fast runners".   I was competitive in the open category once upon a time, but don't consider myself any less of a runner now that I'm older and a lot slower!  And I have lots of friends who were never competitive even in their age groups, but plugged away to improve themselves year after year.  They are also real runners!     I think we tend to take away from ourselves!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Henrun

No running today as we returned from Brooklyn. We took the Amtrak back and had a very safe and comfortable ride. Too bad about the Amtrak accident. Saw that they were going at a very high speed on a new route and it was an inaugural run.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just stopped in to say that I ran 10 miles, today...including 3 x 2 at "strength" pace.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Mariposai

Hello everybody!

Just stopped in to say that I ran 10 miles, today...including 3 x 2 at "strength" pace.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Just have to report my one block walk without knee pain.

Those pictures are adorable, Starruns.

Cheers and love to all.

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard