Masters Running

Tue Oct 14 Runs and Workouts (Read 590 times)

evanflein

Hey everyone, no running for me since Sunday's horrible experience after Friday's awesome run. Hard to say why or how things work out the way they do. I've not had the time or inclination to run since I've been busy with this conference... but my presentation today went great and I'm all done except for the gala farewell event tonight at St. Louis City Museum, then up early to catch the flight home. I really am looking forward to going home, even though DH says it was 4F this morning and we got 4" of snow yesterday. I don't care. Nice intervals to both Bill and Holly. I need to do more of that but just never "do" it. Hoping to run on Thursday, and I hope it goes well. Hey Twocat, you and I are almost in the same boat here on the pre-NYC stuff.

Renee the dog

One mile. Had to turn around as everything felt very very wrong. I got home and got sick. Just took a short nap. Don't know what's up. Have a huge headache, my leg hurts, and my mouth tastes like metal. Dead Dead

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I forgot to mention, I saw the SLOW guy again today (and yesterday). That is three times in less than a week. I am definitely going to change directions next time I see him and run with him for awhile to find out what he is training for. I will have to resist the overpowering urge I have to straighten out his shorts that are always severely bunched up his thighs.
        Lopez thinks it's him. I think it's me. When you said slow...I thought maybe it could be me. Then when you said his shorts are always bunched up...severely, I think was the term used....up on his thighs, I knew it was me. I'm constantly having to pull them down....well, maybe not constantly or you wouldn't have seen them all bunched up, now would you. I was whining commenting on how warm it was the other day. Mtnchick said she'd send some cooler weather with drizzle my way. It's here. 47F and raining. I'll be back in about an hour with a 4 mile run report. That is, if I don't melt. OK, I'll be back.
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

I ran by myself today - kind of nice for a change. I can go as slowly as I like and not take any walking breaks. I went 7.0 miles non-stop in 1:18:06 (I'm the slow guy, lol). My foot still feels fine, but my calves are tight, so I will use the foam roller on them tonight. Nono, I hope you feel better QUICKLY!

Renee the dog

Quick search of the internet says I have either fish poisoning or I'm pregnant. Surprised I did have fish for lunch. Let's hope it was the fish.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

TammyinGP

I was going to mention that the metal taste in your mouth is an early symptom in pregnancy, but I didn't think that would be helping much, so decided to keep quiet about it. . . . not that fish poisoning is much better though . . .

Tammy

Ewwww.... I definitely would NOT have the urge to un-bunch anyone's shorts!
                I think a good quick yank would do the trick. He won't mind will he? Then I can suggest he go buy some compression shorts or something. And wear shorter lightweight shorts over top. I also think he should lose the thick jacket....well I see I have spent too much time thinking about this guy's "makeover". Wildchild - nice intervals!!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

Maybe that could be the next reality TV show - runner's makeovers! Big grin Might have kind of limited appeal, though, unless the runners were hawt... Nono, hope you feel better soon! I forgot to mention that my track intervals were run barefoot - kind of cheating, as I'm faster barefoot. My running shoes were muddy when I got to the rec center, so I took them off. I've run barefoot there before, as they have a nice rubberized track surface, easy on the feet, but sometimes they yell at me and say running barefoot isn't allowed. But no one saw me today, and anyway I had a good excuse ("but I didn't want to soil your nice track!") I also walked Tazzie and Ladybug to the bus stop to meet DD after school, since they didn't get to come with me on my run. 1.5 miles round trip, back up to the top of the hill. It felt good to stretch out my legs with a nice walk. Erika, hope your next run is a good one. You're due for one!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

100 pushups 100 situps 30 barbell curls 30 lat pulldowns 50 wrist barbell curls 60 squats Took some stock profits today: enough so I won't have to work for the next year (though I will, if I can find a good Latin teaching job). Not bad for two weeks of investing. Wish I'd had more cash on hand when the market went down, so I could have bought more shares. Dark Horse
                    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                      4 easy miles at the trails. The deer were all over the place. OK...not me....no thick jacket. evanflein...I remember reading about your run in St. Louis. I can't rember where you ran...was it Forrest Park? I'll be in stl in a week and have scoped out some running locations. A couple issues ago, Runner's World highlighted 3 different running locations in stl...Forrest Park was one and the Riverfront Trail was another. I think I'll try the Riverfront out. It's close to where I'll be staying. Hopeful...I've got to agree with your DH. You've got a pretty important race coming up very soon. Had it been earlier in your training cycle, I'd say sure, go in the wind and the rain. That's what runners do. But this close to an important race has me thinking to be careful. Not overly cautious, but just careful. I can't wait to read your RR. Good luck!
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #3309

Carolyn...sweet workout, GREAT JOB...you topless and shoeless, well ummmm.. Nono...feel better sooooon. Well, quick check in to post...um, well never mind...my gal neighbor is getting ready for bed with her blinds open...out of here for now. Timbo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mariposai

Well, quick check in to post...um, well never mind...my gal neighbor is getting ready for bed with her blinds open...out of here for now. Timbo
                          Timbo, do I dare you to explain what you are looking at? Wink 5 miles with the last 3 miles at sub marathon pace. IT was fun. Past a fast runner and he turned around and said...hey Mrs. Posie...you are getting faster by the day . My response?...watch out...I am a marathon maniac now jiji...he took off after hearing me say that jijij. It is obvious that this kid has never seeing Holly and Erika run Cool

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

6106 sounds like a lucky number.

SteveP