Masters Running

Tue Sep 23 Runs and Workouts (Read 537 times)

25 or no, this is not a good time to push.
    Listen to Ribs: this is no time for Juan Agosto. Light gym workout for me tonight: 100 pushups, 100 situps, 30 barbell curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 30 squats. Then I left to pick up Dark Colt who has practice for two sports on Tuesdays: middle school cross-country and Under-14 soccer. You would think he would be tired out after all this running around, but he volunteered, "I have lots of energy." We stopped off at the middle school to say hi to Dark Mare who was attending a talk on Adolescent Psychology. On our way out of the building, as we were walking down a long wide school corridor, Dark Colt suddenly leapt up and grabbed the top of a doorway. He hung there in the middle of the hallway for a few seconds with his legs drawn up, grinning and looking like a monkey. Then he dropped down. I thought that looked like fun and I had plenty of energy too, so I grabbed the top of the doorway and leapt up, and as I hung there in the middle of the hallway with my legs drawn up looking like a monkey, a middle-aged lady with gray hair walked around the corner and said, "Do you know where the talk on Adolescent Psychology is?" Dark Horse
    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
      Cheffy, what kind of work do you do that keeps you on your feet 10+ hours a day? When I travel I too am on my feet all day but it is a much shorter day.
      Ribs: I do " freelance Cheffing Work" IE: in this case, a gourmet herb company, has retained my services to help them educate consumers on their product line, so I am out teaching a series of healthy cooking seminars for a line of stores out here that has in store dieticians, and they are inviting their clients/friends/ consumers to come out and catch a free cooking class to learn how to eat healty, blah blah blah.... Wink I started my day today at 8:00am and did 3 classes and a TV spot on the local tv affiliate station here. A great day, my legs are pissed, and I have a GREAT job..... Cheffy

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

dg- Dennis is adorable!! I am glad things are looking good for him.
        wildchild

Carolyn

dg, I think Dennis is adorable, too, and I'm not even a cat person. Glad he's OK! And I agree that Aamos not discussing the game tonight is a serious disturbance in the force, not unlike when Darth Karin took a rest day! Clowning around Dark Horse, I loved your anecdote about the adolescent psychology! I bet its easier for you to grab the top of the doorway than for Dark Colt. Good night, sleep tight!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Listen to Ribs: this is no time for Juan Agosto. We stopped off at the middle school to say hi to Dark Mare who was attending a talk on Adolescent Psychology. On our way out of the building, as we were walking down a long wide school corridor, Dark Colt suddenly leapt up and grabbed the top of a doorway. He hung there in the middle of the hallway for a few seconds with his legs drawn up, grinning and looking like a monkey. Then he dropped down. I thought that looked like fun and I had plenty of energy too, so I grabbed the top of the doorway and leapt up, and as I hung there in the middle of the hallway with my legs drawn up looking like a monkey, a middle-aged lady with gray hair walked around the corner and said, "Do you know where the talk on Adolescent Psychology is?" Dark Horse
            yeap, this is no time for Juan Agosto...right SR? I laugh so hard about this "bonding experience between DH and Dark Colt...I can see myself doing the exact same thing in the same situation. Like today I embarrassed my exchange student big time when I left the house for my business trip dressed like a teenager (I took my little teenager girlfriend shopping last weekend Surprised and she convinced me that I needed to buy the outfit because I looked very cool on the above mentioned outfit Cool. Little do my sons know that I need to put up with business suits and nun looking face for two straight days... I must as well have fun when I can, right? I think Dark Colt has a great role model and he is going to be just fine. I am loving all this tapering.Rest day again for me jijiji. I am here in Coeur D'Lane, ID. After driving for 5 hours from my home...I finally made it here...darn garmin who kept sending me to the wrong place. I will attend this conference for two days and then drive back home. I am planning to have a luxurious run by the lake tomorrow morning before I have to endure being on business suit for 10 hours Black eye. Planning to run the same path as the HM I ran here two years ago. How was it perchcreek? waiting impatiently about the result. dg...dennis is so cute...my moondancer would love him as a bf. nonoruns...hugging and carrying kids counts as 3XT and it is the best investment for the future. Hugs to you sweetie as you are dealing with your mama.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

(((((Dennis)))))..Glad to hear he's OK. How was the car ride to the vet????
              I grabbed the top of the doorway and leapt up, and as I hung there in the middle of the hallway with my legs drawn up looking like a monkey, a middle-aged lady with gray hair walked around the corner and said, "Do you know where the talk on Adolescent Psychology is?" Dark Horse
              One of the kid had "Abnormal Psychology". I was invited to go in for show and tell.

SteveP

I think Dark Colt has a great role model and he is going to be just fine.
                After we told the lady where to go for the talk on Adolescent Psychology and she walked away, Dark Colt turned to me with a huge grin and said, "Busted!" Dark Horse
                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.