Masters Running

Wednesday May 25 Daily - Quick Someone Check the New Hampshire Press! (Read 39 times)

Yesterday morning was an orthodontist appointment for my DD, this morning a dentist appointment for me to get my chipped and worn down front teeth bonded.  They look better now, for sure.  This has left no time for running so far this week.  Sigh.  Guess I will run my big mountain several times this weekend for punishment fun.

Aamos, funny, I was just wondering about SRibs last night.... people are eerily disappearing.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

And today's thread reminds me how much I missed being on the daily and how important you all are to me!!

Coastwalker just has to be out there somewhere!!  I'll have to go to Hampton Beach on my way to Maine tomorrow if we don't hear from him soon!!

Posie - I write that verse on most of my race bibs!!

Today .5 mile open water swim, chiro appt, church, breakfast/lunch with 2 of my lifelong friends and some shopping -- can't think of a better way to start my mini vacation (well except to also have run of course)

Tomorrow spin class, PT, prayer group then heading to Maine until next Tues night!! yay!!

denise

Sayhey! MM#130

O, he's around, and hitting on Jlynne on FB.  Erika's DH had to walk him around the virtual block there.

Can you tell I'm just a little underwhelmed at work today?  Feeling as if I had ADHD.  "squirrel!"  (as in the movie UP):

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

And I've never had pasta in chili; any comments on the dish?

No, you put the chili on TOP of the pasta (like a meat sauce), then you sprinkle on cheese and onions.  It's called a 5-way if the chili has beans.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

A 5-way??  Sounds a little Va-Va-Voom! to me. 

I love those two hot sauces.  This one ranks right up there, as well.  It's fantastic on eggs:

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

O, he's around, and hitting on Jlynne on FB.  Erika's DH had to walk him around the virtual block there.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Nah - he's just being kind to a 63 year-old woman!

Hey all of my Cellcom friends - I sent each of you a PM but thank you so much for the beautiful flower arrangement! If I wasn't so electronically challenged, I'd take a picture and post it here so you could see how pretty it is. I appreciate this so much but the highlight of my weekend was hosting the party so I could get to meet all of you and be able to spend some time getting to know you all better. You guys are the best!

Deez, I'm so sorry you're still hurting. Listen to Leslie - I think she's giving good advice.

Today was the first day I could walk down steps without throbbing pain in my quads. How are you running already Amy, Erika and Holly? You're killing me!

I love chili, but not before a race! And I thought only Wisconsin people put spaghetti in theirs

5 miles on the elliptical and 20 minutes of weights this morning, then walked 5 miles with my Y friends. I'm finally down to two Aleve every day. Between the Aleve and my foam roller, there may be a run in the morning...

evanflein

Mike was great! We were trying to figure out how we could get together, and he offered to come here but that seemed like a pain with traffic, construction here by the hotel and parking. So he offered to throw some steaks on the grill and we headed out to his place, dealing with rush hour traffic a bit but it wasn't too bad. He's moving around pretty well for what he went through last week, I was impressed! We had a good visit and yes, he's much as I expected which was a good thing!

Jlynne, sometimes you just gotta head back out there. My biggest problem is my blister on my right foot. Today's run on the treadmill in the overheated workout room (thunderstorms and rain outside) was cut a mile short when my bandaid came loose and started rubbing in the most painful manner. Decided 4 miles was good enough.

Chili on spaghetti?? Why?

mrrun

Also (((Buerhle)))). who we were supposed to see but is back on DL list

RA has been a hoot today

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I love you, Marj!  And Henry. We were supposed to meet tomorrow in Olde Towne Alex.  Alas. I have been occupying the DL pretty much since my trifecta of fun in April.

Event 1: Nephew's big wedding in Dublin, Ohio.  I wore heels and danced the night away. (Strike One)  (02 April)

Event 2: Ran the Reston Runners Marathon Relay. Had a fantastic time with family and AAMOS. Felt pressured to run really fast because dear son-in-law handed me the baton in second place (for the relayers)!  Ran my leg of the marathon as fast as I could. Still got passed by 3 relayers (at least) and AAMOS. Anyway. That course and speed beat me up. (Strike Two) (10 April)

Event 3: Hiked 20+ miles carrying a 22 pounds backpack up and down the Appalachian Trail. Southbound from Wind Rock to Pearisburg. Saturday was 20+ miles and Sunday was a 10K. (Strike Three) (16 and 17 April)

I'm out.

I have been going to physical therapy twice a week. This is my fourth week. My fascist foot seems to be a faux fascist. The PT and PTA have a sneaking suspicion that there could be a dubious disc fouling up my recalcitrant right leg.

So. My plan to meet Marj and Henry in DC tomorrow was thwarted. It would be unwise for me to drive 3 hours to DC. Also, I was supposed to spend Friday - Monday hiking the Appalachian Trail the entirety of Maryland with my friends. I test drove my 26 pounds backpack on the WISC trails on Sunday morning. 3.5 miles. It did not go well.

Blah blah blah!  It is TOUGH being on the DL and keeping up with the Daily. And so I have not been keeping up with the Daily. However. I snuck in today and was delighted. You are a fun group to read about.

I asked Todd the PTA and ATC if I could run. He said, "I don't see why not". I said, "Am I going to make things worse?" He said, "I don't see how you could."

Oh my.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Blah blah blah!  It is TOUGH being on the DL and keeping up with the Daily. And so I have not been keeping up with the Daily. However. I snuck in today and was delighted. You are a fun group to read about.

I asked Todd the PTA and ATC if I could run. He said, "I don't see why not". I said, "Am I going to make things worse?" He said, "I don't see how you could."

Oh my.

Yikes Buehrle!! Didn't know you were hurting so much as well!!

Read back where you asked about imaging -- my MRI is ugly!!  L5-S1 have anterolisthesis and spondyolysis, severe L5-S1 disc space narrowing and "unroofing" of the intervertebral disc......and a whole bunch of other stuff.

The thing is it's not much different from imaging I had done about 6 years ago so not sure what has changed except for age and wear and tear -- also a lack of core/trunk strength

Here's to hoping we all recover soon and those not on the DL stay the heck off!!

denise

Mariposai

Don't make things worse, RoseColoreGlassess.

I aimed to run 8 today, but my heart wanted to play in the dirt in my yard. So I spent 2 hours doing that....

ohhh and that felt so good.

I found two new spots for the peonies I got on clearance at the nursery.

Remember friends every mile is a gift and a REST day is important as well.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Hey Jlynne, we leave here Thursday morning for the drive to Michigan. Looking forward to seeing Perchcreek for Bayshore! Not sure if SteveP is coming up or not? And yeah, sorry about the re-entry to real life. It sucks.

I'll be at the Bayshore cheering. If Peter would like to crew, the dog and I can transport.

Hi ya! Yes, I am home and have been swamped at work.  My co-worker did absolutely none of my work like she was supposed to, nada, zilch!  

I came back to a challenge while I was away helping Dad. Because of work I was able to do via telephone and email, my boss is fudging three more vacation days for me. I can not take them consecutively.

Slept through both alarms. Three day a week, our GS gets dropped off at our place before school.

He was over this morning. He asked if my grandpa was still alive. I said he was in heaven. Noah asked if my grandma was still alive. She's in heaven too.

After a moment Noah said, "They're probably trying to figure out what to do with you when you get there."

SteveP

He was over this morning. He asked if my grandpa was still alive. I said he was in heaven. Noah asked if my grandma was still alive. She's in heaven too.

After a moment Noah said, "They're probably trying to figure out what to do with you when you get there."

Like Grandfather like Grandson.  And I see some 3-day weekends in your future.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance