Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - October 2013 (Read 31 times)

flatland mountaineer

That post is worthless without pictures. Joking

Leslie picture Will Smith in Hitch after he ate the shell fish but only on one side of the face. ;-)

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Mike E

MM #5615

Please don't give her any pictures...she'll make it her avatar...

Please don't give her any pictures...she'll make it her avatar...

Big grin

Nice visual, Jim ~ Shocked

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Was up and at 'em at 4:15 this morning feeding the troops.  It helped that I was asleep before 9:00.  Cripes, we were in bed before 8:00!  But we were reading.  Why sit and flip through nothing but carp on TV when you can immerse yourself in a good book.

5 sort of EZ miles in the crisp cold air.  It was a beautiful morning, too.  Not a cloud in the sky.

I feel like I'm getting my mojo back.  It feels good!

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I bet it likes getting felt, too.Joking

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Queen of 3rd Place

Take it easy on the AT.  I've been dealing with this tendinitis since early April.  Even though it's basically gone, I can still "feel" it once in awhile and have to remind myself to massage the calves to keep them from getting tight.

Leslie - Yikes...tell me more...like what have you done other than keep the calves loose? Nice yardwork crosstraining session, by the way.

r2, gotta say you're the hardest working soul I know. I think the combo of upping my miles (I always increase my mileage in the fall when it cools off) + racing (I've never before done fall races) caused my injury. Plus I went to a wedding and danced in heels AND the morning after the wedding went on a 12 mile run with some sandy spots. Yeah...sounds like a recipe for an injury alright.

If the AT calms down I plan to start training again in Feb with a local group to do the Ojai marathon in May and go for another BQ. Right now it seems like a 50/50 proposition...

Ex runner

Hello....I'm running again.  I nevr quit in my mind.

Great to see you all again!  You nevr left my mind.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Queen of 3rd Place

ev! Nice to hear from you! What happened?

if you look at my log, you'll see another non-runner for the last few weeks. Tomorrow I test the achilles. It's been feeling fine. I tested it out a couple times and even worked on walking the stairs at the stadium. There's a tiny lump there but it's not painful so I hope it's a little scar tissue. Will tape up (placebo?) and wear compression socks (another placebo?) and see how it goes for an attempted half marathon. I have an opportunity to bail out at around mile 3.

Ex runner

ev! Nice to hear from you! What happened?

Thanks. Got lazy.

take care of the AT

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

Finished harvest Sunday evening so no excuses to keep me from running. Got several shorter runs in last week, but it is going to take more than that to work off this "combine gut" I have accumulated.

Hey Ev welcome back!

Arla had a pt tell me those little bumps are micro tears and they rub the heck out of them, but I am not a pt nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Hope your half went well.

Mike I must confess some of Leslie's avatars frighten me. Wink

Leslie cool when you can feel the ol Mojo coming around......

I saw on the Racing forum Joe got his NYC finish, congrats!

Stumpy pop in more often.

In the ever present what is hurting now, have my left SI fired up kinda weird it is usually my right that fires, need to get it whooped back into shape.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III