Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 8/22/10 (Read 763 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

For those of you who are new, this is the 40/40 thread, for people who are over 40 years old

who run 40 miles/week or more. We give Free Passes to those who come really close or try

really hard...

This is last week's tally.  Sorry it took me so long this week.   Work has been busy and I've been having trouble with this new format.

Who                                      Miles                     Commentary
    Kelly Dodge                         75.5                      Getting faster – and you were already fast.
    CNYrunner                           71.3                      And THIS is a cutback week....you are amazing!
    Rasmussenmp                  66.2                       Recovery week
    Slimbo                                  59                          Hope the Mac thing gets worked out
    Holly                                      58.15                    Back after a cutback week
    Breger                                   53.5                       A good week, but I’m hoping that leg pain goes away
    CliveFenster                        45.8                      Don’t worry, the H&H will be easing up soon
    Pfriese                                  45.6                     1st AG – nice 5K!
    DfromBG                              43                          Hiking in the Smokies – awesome!
    Seilerts                                 40                         Hey, but you are certainly a handy guy!
    TomD                                    Free Pass          Tom, I’m glad you’re being mindful of the heat.  Much better to live to run another day than to try to push it into the danger zone.
    Ennay                                                                    Free Pass Achilles flareup – a bad one

Here’s my tentative plan for the week. 

Day

Plan

Actual

Commentary

Monday

0-3

0 miles

Upper body weights and core

Tuesday

6-9

11.8 miles

7 x 1/2 mile Intervals, lower body weights

Wednesday

4-6

4.1 miles

Easy pace

Thursday

9-11

11.4 miles

5 @ Tempo (8;19 ave), lower body workout

Friday

0-3

2 miles

Plus upper body weights and core

Saturday

5-7

7.6 miles

Easy pace

Sunday

13-16

15 miles

12.2 am, 2.8 pm

Total

?

51.9 miles

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

This new formatting is really freaking pissing me off....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Just a dude.

Thanks again... 

Had so much fun last week, I'm gonna try to do it again...

DAYPLANACTUALCOMMENTS
        MondayAM: 2
        PM: 8 Up Tempo
        AM: 2.1
        PM: 9.4
        AM: Easy - Ankle sore but usable
        PM: Easy
        TuesdayAM: 2
        PM: 10.5 Easy
        AM: 5.75
        PM: 7.1
        AM: w/u, Moderate paced stuff on the track, c/d
        WednesdayAM: 2
        PM: 9.6 Hilly
        AM: 1.9
        PM: 9.6
        AM: Easy
        PM: Hilly - Legs kinda dead.
        ThursdayAM: 2
        PM: 7.5 Easy
        AM: 2.4
        PM: 10.5
        FridayAM: 2
        PM: 6.8 Medium
        AM: 3.2
        PM: 6.8
        PM: Middle 4.8 miles moderately fast
        Saturday16ish Long17.1Somewhat hilly, ran a decent pace
        Sunday7-8 Easy7.1Easy
        Total:76 ish83.1

Long week, but it overall felt pretty good... Some of the runs were slower than expected on the effort level, but that might be just the extra miles talking...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Marathon Maniac #957

Kelly - how did you get your table to paste in so nicely?

Holly, you can either start a brand new Table by clicking on the table icon (looks like a spreadsheet) or click on the "View HTML Source" (looks like a piece of paper with <> on top of it) and copy/paste in the table HTML source from a previous week's entry.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, that didn't go so well....the table looked perfect until I hit "post."

Just a dude.

Kelly - how did you get your table to paste in so nicely?

I went to my old post... I hit modify, and then I highlighted everything and hit Ctrl-C (Copy).

I replied to your post... I hit Ctrl-V (Paste)

It looked fine...

-Kelly

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, I did that, and it worked, but what a PITA....I have to delete all my entries from last week and re-enter this week's stuff, instead of using the nice template Word document I have stored on the computer.  And how the heck will I do the tally?  Will this table sort by descending mileage for me? 

Oh I am so resistant to change.  And I hate the way it takes so long to load now.  Grrrr...

Just a dude.

Okay, I did that, and it worked, but what a PITA....I have to delete all my entries from last week and re-enter this week's stuff, instead of using the nice template Word document I have stored on the computer.  And how the heck will I do the tally?  Will this table sort by descending mileage for me? 

Oh I am so resistant to change.  And I hate the way it takes so long to load now.  Grrrr...

I bet if you recopy from here to your word doc, and then use it to paste from in the future, you will be ok.

(I'd use Notepad instead of Word though, as it's formatting is more transparent... )

Not sure about the tally... I don't know how you used to do it...

-Kelly

BlazinCajun

Week two of Phase I in Marathon Plan - the goal this week is 42 miles.

DAYPLAN ACTUALCOMMENTS
                      Monday

3 miles

3.03 at recovery + core
                      Tuesday5 miles5.47

50 minute workout: warm up; E pace with

(8x20-sec striders @ 6:00/mile); cool down

Wednesday

AM: 5 miles

|

PM: 1 miles

AM: 5.54

|

PM: 3.0

AM: 50 minute workout: warm up; E pace with

(7x25-sec striders @ 6:00/mile); cool down
                      PM: 3 miles at E pace right after dinner

Thursday3 miles1.0

0.5 miles @ 7:50; 0.5 miles bare-foot @7:23 + core + 50 pushups

worked out with my daughter

Friday5 miles5.54

Easy 50 minute run this morning, post workout weight-152 lbs.

Workout included: warm up, run at E pace with (6x30-sec striders

@ 6:00/mile), warm down

Saturday5 miles5.65Just under 47 min at E pace
                      Sunday14 miles14.04

L run: First 8 miles alone; then 6 miles with daughter

on the Augusta Canal at her pace.

Total:

~42 miles

Andrew
                      ------------------
                      God, my Lord, is my strength;
                      he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
                      and enables me to go upon the heights.
                      Hb 3:19

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Thanks Holly, your the greatest keeping this going.

More of the same for me this week.  Increasing mileage and some faster paced stuff thrown in for the fun of it.  Actually, total miles should be 70 this week, so will adjust down if my legs get fatigued.

Mon:  7 miles - 8.0 miles little faster than recovery but not quite aerobic paced.  still very sweaty, but felt good.

Tues:  9 miles - 9.0 miles aerobic miles with a couple of faster paced miles.

Wed:  14 miles - 14.0 miles mostly easy paced, legs feeling pretty good afterward.

Thurs:  5 miles - 9.0 miles aerobic paced but nothing faster than 8:00 m/m.  (got my 40 miles in)

Fri:  9 miles - flying to Gloucester, MA.  5.0 miles slow and easy after the flights. 

Sat:  11 miles - 11.0 miles circling the Enfield HS new rubberized track.  Pace got quicker as thier football team arrived and started working out.    overall pace including wu and cd (7:45)

Sun:  18 miles - 14.0 miles on the hotel TM

Total:  71.0 miles

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Thanks Holly.  I have to say, I pretty much can only do the table stuff in the html editor now.  For the tally, you could try converting your table to text with tab separators (same Word menu as table sort), copy+paste that into notepad to strip encodings, then copy+paste that to here.  I think we'd all be happy with whatever takes the least amount of work on your part Smile

Day

Plan

Actual

Notes

Monday

Tuesday

5-10

Wednesday

5-10

Thursday

5-10

Friday

5-10

10x strides

Saturday

5-10

Sunday

5-10

Total

~50

TomD

Thank you so much for keeping this thread going.  I hope to do much better this week.  I start running marathons/ultras each weekend in a few weeks.

Monday                       10.15

Tuesday                      16.40

Wednesday                10.70

Thursday                      11.70

Friday                            Rest

Saturday                       15.05

Sunday                           2.20

Total Miles                     66.20

TomD

I'm going to run easy this week as I try to get my left Achilles to quiet back down.  It's nothing really, but I'm being cautious as there are less than 7 weeks till TWC.  I'm not sure if an LR will happen this weekend as DD2 and her family will be in town and we'll be spednign the weekend in Palm Beach on the ocean.  I'm sure I'll stay in shape chasing the grandkids around!

Bill

DayPlannedActualComment
                              Mon0 to 3.5 miles3 milesSlow and easy 10:07 pace.
                              Tues5 to 7 miles6 milesEasy 9:24 pace.
                              Wed10 to 13 miles12.25 miles Ran easy for 5 miles. Then 1 mile on, 1 mile off. The "on" miles were near tempo. Did not want to risk running hard and hurting the leg.
                              Thur5 to 7 miles6 milesSlow and uncomfortable.  Ankle is talking to me.  9:53 pace.  Uggghhh.
                              Fri9 to11 miles5.5 miles at GADecided to just run and ignore the achiness. Felt sproinky today! Several miles at MP with an overall 9 min/mile pace.
                              SatTBD5 miles at GARun at Palm Beach.  8:55 pace.  Fun!
                              SunTBD10 miles10 miles with 3 or 4 near the end at near MP on Palm beach.
                              Total30 to 55 miles47.75 milesA good week, but I need to build the Long Runs soon or TCM is gonna be a slow one.

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

A Saucy Wench

I ran today!  Well ok I walked a little/ran a little/walked a little.  And it hurt.  but it was something.  I will endeavor to shuffle some more tomorrow if I dont wake up with a grumpy achilles.

Goal this week....10 miles? Not even. 

6.1 for the week.  And that is only if you count both the walking and the running as running.  Which I did.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7