Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 11.4.17 (Read 33 times)

4.5 easy run

Rain's done until Wednesday, so I'll try to up the mileage if I find time. I'm probably only getting 30-32 this week. I'd like to join your 40/40 club, which I assume is like the Mile High club.

Stupid purchases? Hmmm, how about the 2lbs of Spring Mix organic salad that I had one serving of and then forgot for 2-3 days and it was all rotten when I went to eat it again? Not so stupid? How about the 2nd, 3rd, 4th...10th time I did the exact same thing again?!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Had a very pleasant visit with Henry, Marj, and Jay this morning.  They raced, I didn't.  But actually sort of fun to cheer them on beginning and end. Reminds me--I have a few pics to load.

Tomorrow DW and I go to Maine and see how the camp survived the wind storm of last week.  Still places where the power hasn't been turned on yet. Hope ours is.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

It has been a looong day.  I got up at 5:00 so I could get 8 miles in before heading down to the state cross country meet -- a little over an hour away.  Then it was back to the high school for "senior night", when all the seniors are given about 7 to 10 minutes in the spotlight for team members to say nice things about them.

Our 1 girl runner took 76th in 19:37--her PR is 17:02.  And our 1 boy runner was 103rd in 16:53--his best time is 16:30.  Yeah--the state course is a little bit tough but our kids still under performed...which is disappointing.  Oh, well...we re-group and go at it again in 282 days...not that I'm counting...

In other news...next Saturday, the high is 62o in Richmond, VA...

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Have fun at Richmond, Mike.  Great course, lots of support.  Of course, you'll have a lot less time to appreciate it than I did 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Great marathon is coming your way, MikeE next week.

Is anybody here doing the NYC marathon?

Tamster, great miles today plus picking lemons from your tree. I am so jealous.

Surley Bill, good luck with your higher miles hope. Yes, the 40/40 club is for the high miles achievers.

Stumpy, you lucky runner to hang out with Marj, Henry and Jay. Pictures?

My wings did a 4 miles run today after working for 6 hours on agency budget, then decorating a wedding cake for a friend. It was a rather productive day I would say. It started snowing when I left the house, just a dust plus a lot of wind. A joyful and relaxing run, I may add.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Nice, Nancy! I did 4 miles too (4.1) but on the treadmill in the garage. Then did some garage clean up. Still don't have the truck in there so more to do.