Masters Running

Thursdaily February 15, 2018 (Read 41 times)

Anzlo

This day's workout was 4 miles running and 3 miles walking in a nice 40 degree temperature range +/- a couple.  My DW has a slightly different route but we crossed paths today so I joined her for 2 miles of her 5 miles this morning.  That brings me to 8 miles running and 13 walking for the last 4 days; hoping to get about 18 run miles this week along with whatever fast pace walking I can add to that.  I usually warm-up on my TM before going out but it died for good this AM.  It has lasted a really long time so I knew it would break for good soon ... warm-up was adjusted as a result and I was a little stiff going out.

Have a great run tomorrow folks!

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

spacityrunner

Funny stories Leslie!!!

4 miles on West Mountain in summer like weather (also easy to spawn a tornado or 2 like weather ) 71 and 70% humidity.  I kept it going pretty good out there, but the last mile did feel a bit torturous.  Slightly under an hour, slightly under a 15 m/m.  Cold front headed this way...hope it doesn't get Mother Nature spun up.

More than one kitty:  thanks for the suggestion of the relay...I will surely take it under consideration.

Trails Rock!

3.3 @ 8:04

I guess I have the flu, I couldn't feel my body very well, like my head was just floating along watching my body work. So, I took the cutoff at 2 miles and only did 3.3 instead of the planned 7+. I was a little head-achy and dizzy this morning, nauseous if I thought about it hard enough.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Dave59

Long day at the office. Today was the health screening day so I had to drive to work with no food or coffee in me (and earlier than usual). Hopefully my glucose and cholesterol are still in a good range.

Stopped at the gym on the way home but quit after 2 miles on the treadmill. Felt like I run a marathon.

Came home and signed back on to work so I could install a software update.

Is 7:45 too early for bed?

Cindy took the Valentines gifts in stride. Acting like she liked them without showing too much outward concern for my mental health. I can't decide yet what to get her for President's Day. 

evanflein

Holly, actually, our weather is usually outstanding. We have a lot of persistent high pressure systems so we have a lot of clear and sunny skies, most of the year (August is a notable exception). Our temperatures can be extreme (cold or hot), but our "weather" is usually very nice. Unlike Seattle. Or Juneau (sorry Tet) where they sometimes let employees take the afternoon off when the sun shines.

Tet, I saw that forecast. My friend who lives there warned me about bad weather, although Saturday looks rainy with snow and rain on Sunday, but sunny skies on Monday (although we leave in the afternoon). My GF has a place in Leavenworth, and they'll be there playing in the snow when we're in Seattle. Oh well. Want to meet up for dinner or drinks somewhere? We'll be in Belltown again.

Metalman, hang in there. Three days is nuthin'. I'm wrapping up week #5 of no running and I'm only getting a little bit twitchy.

{{Pickles}} hope she's ok, she's been really stable for quite awhile, right?

Leslie, my uncle was a lefty and the teachers at the time (he's mid-80's now) forced him to write with his right hand. End result, according to my dad, uncle Bob's writing is terrible regardless of which hand he uses.

Feel better, Jay and RunnerKSA! Being sick is no fun. Hope Mariposai's knee behaves. Can you get a standing desk? Mine can pull up for standing (like I'm doing now) or down at sitting level. My watch barks at me to stand up every now and then so that helps. Well, really it's annoying as hell but it does get me up.

36 minutes of pool running today, 11 laps. Got there early and had a lane to myself with no splashy swimmer in the next lane. Nice. I mean, if you gotta pool run, that's a nice way to do it. Ok, that's all I got.

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, bed magnet won so 7.6 miles after work at an 8:40 pace.  Decent enough run.

Opus, looks like I'm going to be here a bit longer.  A couple of years ago the NAFs combined the A4 and A7.  Most of the time a 21A serves as directorate chief, but not always.  Looks like it's going to a CE officer.  Hmm, command a group or go to staff?    So in a bit of a holding pattern, but MG J gave out some options....one could involve the F-35, but I wouldn't own the iron.  Never done that and I doubt it would go well.  So my offer stands, just let me know; and if your young colleague ever needs an extra hand give him my cell phone number.  No guarantees but if I can get there I will.

Tet, is it possible she was going from class to class?  I've never had to do that, only certified on spin and only taught one class in a day.  I have to admit the Keysers play heck with my fitness OCD (chasing numbers) and my engineer data collection...obsession?

Have a great night everyone!

5.5 morning miles with some icy patches and hills - legs felt sluggish and the pace showed it.

So mil decided our house is too busy, I "yelled" at her (she's hard of hearing) and she doesn't know why those 2 big guys live in the house - forgets they r her grandsons. So sad!! Dh took her home yesterday after a very stressful morning - guess she was as pretty mean about things and he totally was shocked  ..... dementia is very hard to deal with and new for us. Dh and his brother r going to get web cams in her house and elder services set up so we can keep an eye on things from a distance since none of live close to her house. Uggghhhhhh

Healing hugs to all who need them!!

denise

Mariposai

..... dementia is very hard to deal with and new for us.

Healing hugs to all who need them!!

I just lost a dear friend last night, at a very young age (our age due to dementia's complications). I hug your whole family for the years to come.

Anzlo, way to get your 4 miles run in plus 3 miles of walking. Sorry. Are you coming back from injury or this is just your training plan? Nice run for your DW.

Leslie, you are such a joy all way around.

Surly Bill, take care with that flu.

As for my mariposai wings...4 miles plus half an hour at the gym. Slowly but surely I am coming back to the game. According to my doctor, I should be ready for a marathon distance come fall Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

falcon - nope, no double duty teaching of different classes.

Probably she was just very busy but, quite frankly,

there is a big difference on how young people regard old people

over here, not at all like the deep respect and honor

I take as much advantage of as possible over in Japan.

Tet, is it possible she was going from class to class?  I've never had to do that, only certified on spin and only taught one class in a day.  I have to admit the Keysers play heck with my fitness OCD (chasing numbers) and my engineer data collection...obsession?

Erika - yeah, it was tough growing up in rain country, . . . unless you don’t mind going salmon and halibut fishing after work, getting up-and-down to the alpines after work before the sun goes down, running alongside the glacier like Rosie and RS did, out to Mary’s Nugget Falls with mountain goats on the hillside (especially this time of year), skiing with my friend’s silver medal downhill daughter, but, actually, no matter what, where GS is is good.

Incidentally, Belltown should be fun, especially with Amazon’s new office building that pretends to be a botanical garden with plants from all over the world.  I’ve got a big conflict on Monday that might go away in the morning so I’ll keep my fingers crossed in case it’s possible to get together.

Mariposai - sincere condolences.

We were sure scared a couple of years ago when it was looking like it would be my sister.

deezie - However, being alone sounds fraught with scary danger and risks.

hope the monitors work.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

RunnerKSA- Here's to getting back to normal.

Leslie, I'm guessing that DD#1 is half heatedly looking to re-home Mia. She keeps mentioning a concern about dog fighting. I don't know where, there are cock fights in a neighboring county.

Henrun - I'm getting beach envy. Did Freud write about that?

TomW - Good news!

Tet - You're kicking it into high gear quite well. A close friend from high school develops video games. He worked on Halo and has Licensing from DC comics, marvel Comics and Warner Brothers. His feelings are hurt that I don't play. I'm afraid I'll not put them down once I get into it. He said I'm listed in the credits in one of the Batman games. I really would like to, but I know me. PS: I talked with Avenger Doggie. He's like a mountain goat.

Spacityrunner - I'd love to spend a day running the trails in your area. Though it would take me all day to do it.

Hi Jay!!!!

(((((Surly Bill)))))

Deez, I would not wish your situation on any one.  Look for the book "Chicken Soup for the Alzheimer's Soul".

(((((Mariposai))))) I'm so sorry. If a person has a face to face friend like you, they must be pretty special.

I absolutely cannot believe it. 5.5 miles after work in the middle of the work week! It's been 10 years since that's happened. It's on a treadmill and it very much hurts Tag's feelings. He looks at me with betrayal in his eyes then goes to bed. I'm not as keen about running in the dark as I was when my night vision was better. (don't tell him - but- he's racing Saturday).

MTA: This is the section of beach I like to take Tag and DD#3's dog, Marley. We can go for leash-less and barefoot miles with out hydration concerns for the mutts.

SteveP

Anzlo

Deez - My thoughts and prayers are with you.  No one and no family can fully understand the enormous stress that a single family member who behaves irrationally or in an unsteady way on a day to day basis can create unless they have lived with it.  This one I understand, again, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mariposai - I am sorry for your loss.  Prayers sent your way for peace during this time and for your friend's family.  In regards to injury, no not recovering from an injury, trying to resolve a condition which for now only allows for moderate workouts so to get the mileage I want I need to walk some of it at a fast pace as I am intensity limited this year or until such time as the condition is resolved.  Thanks for asking.

Wishing everybody the best on your workouts Friday!

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD