Masters Running

Two's-day the 2nd Day of September Runs and Such (Read 548 times)

King of PhotoShop

Today was suppose to be a speed day for me but it just did not work out. Between the weather 67F and 94% humidity and having eaten to much at both the reunion this weekend and the holiday yesterday, I could only get in 4x1000 instead of 6 and they were very slow. I did manage though to get in my 9 miles. 2.5 miles warm-up in 27:05 1000's (goal time 4:56) 5:04 5:00 5:04 5:06 3.5 mile cool-down in 35:55 Total 9 miles in 1:28:39 9:51 pace Have a great day everyone Bruce
    This is a good experience for you Bruce. It would be very odd if this did NOT happen on one of your workouts. This is a very demanding routine, and one day you go out there and find you have nothing. Very wise of you to cut it off and focus on the next day and the day after that. Well done. Lamerunner, you know full well that you ran a decent 22 minutes, not your best, but you are tired. Everything about that race points to your previous work, the long run, the miles. I saw that yesterday when you posted and glad you have figured it out. Spareribs
      {{Perchcreek}} Mainerunnah is in law enforcement, right? Sounds like you came back just in time...
      Yes you have it right, although now I am one of the command staff so I am mostly involved in the administrative side of things. As far as this homocide goes I will handle the evidentiary aspects of the 9-1-1 tapes and the cruiser videos etc. Hey Stumpy where is your property here in Maine? I was in fact headed south on the <maine turnpike at about 5:30 though - probably a little early for you. and that wasn't my plate either, although i like it! ;) turnpike="" at="" about="" 5:30="" though="" -="" probably="" a="" little="" early="" for="" you.="" and="" that="" wasn't="" my="" plate="" either,="" although="" i="" like="" it!=""></maine turnpike at about 5:30 though - probably a little early for you. and that wasn't my plate either, although i like it! ;)>
      evanflein

Lamerunner... phooey on her I say. No comment on her or the situation (did too much of that earlier), but I will say I did NOT vote for her....
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

We headed back on the highway from Waterville to North Yarmouth about 4 pm. It was crowded, but moving right along. Saw several state troopers! One nabbed a guy who had parked his car in one of the emergency turnarounds for some reason. Kevin, Mainers are happy once September gets here! Empty roads and beautiful weather are hard to beat. Twocat, thanks for your thoughts on injuries. I needed that! My motivation is kind of lacking, because I'm tired of my ankle continuing to ache. I blew off running over the weekend (the gravel roads close to our cabin are just too rough), but I managed 6.2 miles on the treadmill this afternoon. Didn't feel too good, but I survived. Going for 10.6 miles on Thursday - I hope my running partner is up for it!
          Dave59

Nevermind

wildchild

Carolyn

Hi all, Just back from a quick (for me) 5.4 mile lunchtime run at an avg 9:47 pace. Turns out this is exactly my 10K PR pace that I'm trying to beat next Sunday, so I know what I have to do. The run today was lower altitude than the race (by 3000 ft) but it's 150 ft net downhill on the way out and uphill coming back, while the race course is 200 ft uphill in the first two miles, then 400 ft downhill for the rest. So I'm hoping that the additional downhill in the race, especially at the end, together with race day adrenaline, will see me to a PR.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I slept in today. Yeah, I know you all wanted to. But I really did it. Felt great.
                B*st*rd. I got up at 6 a.m. for my first day on the job as a Latin teacher. It went great. Of course tomorrow may be tougher, when the kids show up. This afternoon, 4 miles on the treadmill at 9:00 mile pace. I don't like to brag, but this is my second day in a row running. Update on my National Guard unit's activation: I am one of four guys in the intelligence section. Two of us don't mind going: one is already full-time military, and the other has a job as a menial office clerk which he won't miss. The other two guys, including me, have better things to do than go to Louisiana right now (though of course we will go if ordered). I am still waiting to hear my fate and hoping for the best. By the way, I wasn't always an office weenie: I spent my first 11 years in the infantry. But there comes a point when you realize all the other infantry soldiers are half your age, and it's time to move on. Dark Horse
                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                  Brag away Dark Horse! So, no deployment to hurricane damaged areas? I bet you'll be a super Latin teacher even when the kids show up. Charlayne Allen (from South Carolina---say agricolarum with a Southern lilt) was my Latin teacher in seventh and eighth grades at Levy Jr, high school and then Ms. DuPuis for another three years in high school. I never regretted taking Latin and I use it in so many ways to this day. Lamerunner! You are running strong---take the great advice you have given me now! Karin
                    Tuesday's run - 10.67 miles total - 1:21:28 (7:38) Avg HR 138 Max HR 160. 2.26 mile warm up - 19:47 120 / 133 Followed by 10 x .5 mile repeats with 1 minute recovery jogs: (looking for about 3:20's) 3:17 - HR 139 / 148 - little fast I'l probably pay for this one! 3:27 - HR 146 / 149 - ok a little slow this time! 3:22 - HR 150 / 154 - better 3:20 - HR 150 / 153 - dead on 3:20 - HR 150 / 152 - twice - cool! 3:18 - HR 152 / 157 - ok a little fast again 3:22 - HR 152 / 155 - not bad 3:21 - HR 150 / 153 - still good 3:19 - HR 151 / 155 - ok let's pick it up a bit 3:12 - HR 155 / 160 - and faster yet and still feeling good!! 2.26 mile cool down - 18:45 HR 135 / 143 The legs felt pretty good overall considering my long run on Sunday. I got lots of nice remarks from the crowd watching the high school football team practice...which really wasn't the point, but it still felt great, you know the "hey your in pretty good shape" and although they didn't say it I know they meant for an "older guy"! Big grin
                      wow was it hot!! 90 F 5 miles 47:30 and about 9.5 minute miles. I waited until 6 to run letting the sun get at a lower angle but it was still pretty warm. I was bothered more by my sore calf than the heat. My lower left leg has been grumbling for 3 weeks now and I am getting a little concerned. It seems to have moved from my Achilles area to my mid calf area. Confused This is a back week for me so I am hopeful by next week It will be at least somewhat better. Its not so bad that it keeps me from running but I have no zip to push for my usual MP Wednesday runs the last few weeks. I figure I should go all slow until I heal. Cooler runs later this week Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Gppd evening fellow runners! It's great to post on the daily again. 3 easy miles for me this evening...10:11 pace. A cold front has moved into my part of the state and it was a beautiful breezy 75F about 5:30 pm Smile It's been awhile since my last run and when I finished up, I wasn't sure how to stop the watch. It took me a bit to remember. I'm glad I knew where the start button was.
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          ...thanks DickyG//........started doing this in the 80s, give it a shot some time.. ....it's a Whole 'Nother Way of Running....... ps, skip the boots, I just use 'em trailrunning cause I tore out some ankle ligaments

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

6.5 miles for me , such beautiful weather I would happily have kept running but I had to get back to work. DH: I wish they taught Latin in our School District, of course growing up in Italy I had a good 6 years of it...loved it ! Good runs all, Francesca
                            SteveP

Sue, we get turkeys often. It's kewl. We get deer often too. Angry Perch, get better soon. Twocat gets to hang with CNY at races...Very Kewl I love that quote Ribs...Thanks for the reminder. DH didn't leave us behind!!!!! Sweet. DW and I went 4.8 miles on bikes after work today. SaWeet.

SteveP

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Mainerunnah--we're on Little Sebago. the place has been in DW's family for over 80 years, so I'm just a new comer at just under 30 years there Smile I was on the road just before 7 to get into Portsmouth by 8. Didn't you see me wave when I went by Saco?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.