Masters Running

Monday, Jan. 23 (Read 43 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

We didn't watch either of the games yesterday: We're not big sports fans, and we had other things to do. So it goes. But congrats to those whose teams won, and commiserations to those whose teams didn't.

Good 14-miler in heavy fog with spotted deer, BerthaSlayer.

Good 3fer plus weights, Jlynne. What are you and DH going to do next Sunday?

Nice 11 in the fog (gets around, that fog) for Spinach too. Seems you are well-recovered from your surgery.

Evanflein, wise move to do your 17.1 on the TM yesterday, given the weather. It hurts to look at that shot from a few years ago. Sorry about yesterday...

Holly, I hope the misunderstand over DD's email is quickly cleared up. Sometimes we are rightly sensitive, but sometimes we are too sensitive too. I'm glad you had good weather for your 20.05-miler. Are you training for something?

I'm glad the slow-and-steady route is working for you, C-R, that you had a good, pain-free 5K on Saturday, and that you got in your maintenance 2 yesterday.

Nice windy, windy, windy 8,2, Paul.

Nice 5er at the base of the mountains, WC.

And a good sloppy, squishy 3.2 on the trails for Tammy.

Wow, Mariposai - 8 miles on snowshoes! Very impressive!

Good 3fer in the new runners, Enke.

Good mid-pack 15K while you're getting back to racing form, Twocat. Nice follow-up with a drink and to bed.

Mike, you are one determined runner. Nice 6 yesterday. Sounds like a great trip coming up to Shiprock with Debbie. Good luck with the resume out there.

Good 5.5 on snowshoes with the dogs, Steve. I'd take my chances in your kennel.

6.3 RW miles at J o'clock this morning in mild (36F) temps, but with steady winds from the NE at 15 mph plus some serious gusts. I planned my routes so I'd have a tailwind coming back, and I appreciated the push-along. We're expecting heavy rains and high winds overnight, so tomorrow morning will be interesting (for lack of a better word). Meanwhile,

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Jay - I am scheduled to run the Phoenix Marathon on 2/25.

Mike - good for you with the resume - I am wishing you the best of luck that you find a better job, certainly at least one where they treat you better and give you more reasonable hours.

Erika - I can't even get outside in single digits - I don't know how you do it at those temps.

No run for me today, just some swimming (18 laps) and 60 weighted squats.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

Looks like I missed a day somewhere. I was writing the date as 1/21 yesterday and now it is the 23rd. I wonder what happened?

It's raining and it looks like it isn't going to stop all day, so I went to the gym and ran 4 on the treadmill.  Seems like the crowds are already thinning since the new year rush.  Only 10 of the 35 treadmills were in use so I had a wide choice of machines.  (Numbers are estimates. I didn't actually count the machines or users.)

Week 13 of 14 on the Tallahassee Plan is off to a good start.

TammyinGP

Good Monday morning!

Nice TM run Erika. I've done 17 before, so you have me beat. not that that was your goal I'm sure!   

I brought running stuff with me to run after work. Weather looks to be pretty mild and dry all week - low to mid 40's.

Tammy

Day 2 of the flu.  I think I'm dying . . . . 

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Day 2 of the flu.  I think I'm dying . . . . 

...be a Brave Little Soldier, and Soak your toothbrush in Listerene......

===========

40s here, windy and raining

....20-min HH on GreenWay,

met

another Senior Walker (5-miles TWICE a Day!)

who told me

the Best Spots to Pee whil'st out

.PoolRunning in about an hour

...................good running to the rest of ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

spinach

I was tired from the 11 miles yesterday and the start of the semester week of the semester. It is amazing how much stamina I lost while not teaching during the four weeks of the break.  But I ran again in the field house. I was tired as I started and decided to shorten from 10,000 meters to 8200 meters. After those 41 laps as i was sitting taking my shoes off i decided I could run the last 9 laps, so I ran them barefoot.  I like running the last mile or two in the field house barefoot to help make sure I am landing correctly. Tomorrow is one of my days off.

Mike E

MM #5615

(Numbers are estimates. I didn't actually count the machines or users.)

I'm not sure why I found this so funny but I actually laughed out loud...or, as the kids say...LOL.

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm not sure why I found this so funny but I actually laughed out loud...or, as the kids say...LOL.

Me, too!  It made me think of the disclaimers at the end of TV commercials.

{{{Leslie}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

I didn't want someone to come to Barboursville and fact check my post.

wildchild

Carolyn

Dave, I know you didn't count, but 35-ish treadmills sounds like a huge facility!  I think my local rec center has 5-ish treadmills!

Mike, when are you and Debbie coming through Denver for the Shiprock marathon - isn't it in May?  Hope you have time for a visit!

Holly and Erika, sadly, I won't be able to get to Phoenix in February to visit you guys.  I thought we might be nearby at that point, but we won't.  We're currently headed across Texas and plan to go to a climbing area called El Potrero Chico in Mexico, where my DH went last year.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

pfriese

Easy 6 miles to park and back.

Paul

evanflein

Yeah, Holly and I are doing the Phoenix Marathon on Feb. 25 with La Tortuga, Willrunforbeer and PDR. Should be fun, but I've got to remember not to sign up for these early in the year marathons.

Wildchild, sorry we'll miss you! We'll be heading to El Paso afterwards for a couple days with our niece and her adorable kids who I've only seen in pictures. We'll head home Wednesday, March 1.

Dave, I've been to some of those clubs with row upon row of treadmills. It's pretty amazing when they're all in use! Our Planet Fitness has probably 20 of them and sometimes it's hard to get one, especially near the TV with a channel of interest. I haven't been there in almost 2 years now though so have no idea what current config is. Good job on your half marathon training plan!

Mike good luck on the job search. Is there one in particular you're going after? Or just a general "it's time" search?

Holly, any more fallout from DD's latest escapade? I like the vanilla oreo idea...

Jay, tailwind on the way back is always good. It usually seems to work the other way around though.

My treadmill is in need of some attention. The belt has been slipping a lot and there's a mark on the mat up on the right side that looks like some lubricant might be leaking? DH thinks it needs a full service so I'll call the shop where we got it (Play It Again Sports) and see if they do that. Not very hopeful though. I think it needs a new drive belt; last time I cleaned it it looked like it was starting to shred on one side. Ack. Lots of miles on that thing in the last 9 years.

I'll run some later cuz I'm taking the day off of work and just can't see missing a run opportunity mid-day, but it'll probably still be inside. We're warming up a lot this week though, and could see mid to upper twenties (above zero!!) by Thursday. Woot!

Seems like the crowds are already thinning since the new year rush.  

Hallelujah! Our Planet Fitness has been very crowded all month, and I usually go at a fairly slow time. But I can usually tell from the look of some of the new signups that they aren't going to last long. It would certainly do them a lot of good if they would, but it really is difficult to get "instant" results from a few weeks of diet and exercising.

Holly, today's "Zero tolerance" policies can be pretty draconian too when a bit of judgement would do. My DS was suspended for a day in middle school for something less serious than what went on all the time when I was that age; I think that a simple reprimand and detention would have done as well since it was certainly out of character for him to have done it.

No workouts or running today as I was in tax-prep classes. Three more sessions and then we're ready to start taking clients after the first of February.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

4 miles recovery on the tm. There was nothing easy about them. Now followed by tabata class with DD2. This class may kill me. Ack.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**