Masters Running

Thursday, Thursday!!! Sept. 24 runs and such (Read 400 times)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Hi Mari!!   Hi everyone!!

Thanks for thinking about me.

Yes I'm still here and, more importantly, still running..but so very disorganized, I can't even keep a running log not to mention follow any training plans, I'm more of a "back of the envelope" calculate my weekly miles kind of person these days.

Coincidentally this very morning , while out running and thinking, I took the major decision of  sending in my registration for Boston.  4/19/2010 will be my youngest kid 10th B'day so the big plan is : taking the 3 kids with me ..while leaving DH home....(.someone has to stay and work in my place  after all!). I hope it will be a memorable birthday  for DS2...I don't know,...something that  he  may still remember in ...50 years..?

Back to present running : Bellingham Half Marathon coming up on Sun. Being a "Half Fanatic" now  I don't feel like a cheater going for the shorter distance..I hope to get a slightly different time on the clock for this Half, I've run the last few ones in the summer all within  less than a minute one from the other! 

Anybody running in to Bellingham...?????? 

I'll try not to disappear again.

Good runs to all !!

Francesca

It's good to hear from Franc.  It's been awhile.

Nice long runs for tramps, holly, and mari (with speedwork).

This morning it was about 50° and calm, a nice morning.  I did 4 miles in just under 38 minutes for a 9:29 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mariposai

Thanks for the update Francesca. I sure miss you around here. Seriously. Enjoy your HM in Belly. I ran the inaugural marathon with Erika, Tetsujin, Opie, Gordon, Krista and other runners. It was fabulous.

hey...I made it to tselbs's list today. Happy is the day when that happens.

Thanks for the recipe Holly. I will have to give it a try this weekend.

thai chi was rejuvenating.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hiya all!

We've got 75 degrees and 32% humidity.  Wheee!!!!!!   I'm going out before the sun goes down and enjoy that.

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles

Maniac 505

Franc:

good to see you,  I am working this weekend or I might have joined you for the half.  have a GRETA time in Boston,  I am sure it will be memorable. 

Nice weather, Amy.

I thought it would be sticky here, since it was supposed to get near 80, but it cooled down nicely for my evening jog.

10 miles, 1 mile WU, 9 miles tempo @ 7:33 m/m, 1/2 mile walk. 149/168.....I did the last mile a 7:22.

I try to zero in on my MP this way: two weeks or so before a race, do a tempo run with a HR monitor. Whatever pace I can run for 9-10 miles with my HR still in the 140's is close to a goal time. 7:33 is too fast for my MP, but next week I'll try a 7:40 or so. This is based very loosely and VERY unscientifically on my average HR being in the middle-high 150's for the full 26.2.

Any thoughts?

Walt

evanflein

No thoughts on that Walt, I'm as unscientific about my running as anyone (or more so). I can see you're a speedy one, though!

Francesca, I think Dove is still planning on Bellingham full although she might skip it if not feeling up to it. Maybe you could convince her to at least do the half? She's also doing Royal Victoria on 10/11.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

No thoughts on that Walt, I'm as unsciontific about my running as anyone (or more so).

dear equinox 50K goddess -  excuse me ?

not training or even having to figure out what sneaker style is best might be somewhat unscientific too.

ps - say hello to that most  beautiful golden-yellow fall in the world.  I can just smell the frost in the morning air.

It's kind of scary what it portends though <<<(minus/minus/20/30/40/50below)>>>

Franci dea - no particular reason but any idea what someone who usually runs her hometown Labor Day Half Mary in nearby Woodinville but didn't and who, though probably aiming for a stellar performance in hot and humid (or freezing rain/snow) Boston with her three kids looking on (unless they go somewhere else) is electing the Belly half instead of the scenic out-and-back, autumn-leafed rails-to-trails marathon overlooking Bellingham Bay down below?

However, I'm sure she wouldn't be the kind of person to chose a 10K salmon run on 10/4 instead of another chance to perfect her marathons at Portland, would she? (not that i wouldn't try to find her and maybe Enke at the salmon BBQ too except for getting to go to Portland to elebrate mega-Bob's 450 marathon and  25th Portland on his 80th birthday

mariposalina - are you RD'ing the local 5/10K over there in the middle of October this year too?

walt - sorry, I've never had a thought anything like any of that.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Jon,

I'm possibly pacing a friend in Bellingham, otherwise I would have opted for the run down Chuckanut...

Too late for Portland. this year....couldn't find a hotel easily so may be I'll settle for Salmon Days...got to study the MM calendar though for October...so far I'm signed up for the Carkeek Park run on Halloween.....I'll try to run as close to my new age as possible ...how about you come out and run a few laps with me???

Francesca

SteveP

That sounds like a fun run with Brinkley. Don't you have an anniversary coming up Mary???

DW and I took Tag out for a mile. Though it's slow and short, I really cherrish the time with DW.

SteveP