Masters Running

July Masters Miles (Read 32 times)

Hi Wild,

100.33 for July.

My first 100 mile month in a couple years so I am very happy.  No races or PRs last month but maybe August. We shall see.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Thanks, Carolyn!

Erika runs a PW and still ends up with an AG win? Hmmm...

Run: 69.16

Cycle: 203.06

Swim: 1.62

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

SubDood

219.5 mi for July

1484.4 YTD

One race -- Afton Trail Run 25K, hoping to defend my title from last year ... showed up 4+ minutes late to the starting line (gun time only, no timing mat at starting line).

an amazing likeness

194 miles in July.

Spent the month perfecting a race strategy of: start strong -> get baked in the heat -> fade to the finish...

1x 10K

2x 5mi

1x 13.1mi

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Not nearly enough - Stumpy I have you beat

37.6 running miles

131.3 biking

1.9 swim

denise

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

109.9 miles

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks wild!  I did a 4 mile race and a 2 mile race...one stinkin' 2 mile race too many!

July: 57 miles

2016: 1887 miles

That's it.

New skirt in town

187.0 miles

Nothing too exciting, just lots of bread and butter miles! Only one fun story: I wanted to get in a 10-miler while visiting Newport for the Newport Folk Festival.  I got started later than I had hoped and ran slower than I had hoped because of the heat. The Cliff Walk on which I ran a few miles was under construction for a short distance, so I took the detour onto a small neighborhood street that ran parallel.  It was 7:30 AM, and hardly anyone was around.  A car drove past me, then came to a halt in the middle of the road about 30 feet in front of me.  The door swung open and a man jumped out...turn around...and shouted at me, "Coach ROBIN!"  It was one of the members of our Melanoma Foundation Boston Marathon team from 2 years ago! He was heading off to go surfing, and his brother (the melanoma survivor) pulled up in his car right behind.  Of course, we had to snap a selfie.

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

super kudos to that kid, robin.

do I see some RW in your future

I wonder what jay thinks of that style.

Looks Olympic to me.

Will you watch the Oly 50K RW?

ps coach robin - nice reunion photo with great accompanying story

One race -- Afton Trail Run 25K, hoping to defend my title from last year ... showed up 4+ minutes late to the starting line (gun time only, no timing mat at starting line).

. . . . . . . . . . a.  but I still won

. . . . . . . . . . b.  so I lost by four minutes

. . . . . . . . . . c.  but set a PR

. . . . . . . . . . d.  told my wife to drive faster next year

. . . . . . . . . . e.  ____________________________

= = = = = =

Thanks wild.
                    June 2015
                    tetsujin - 124.5 miles
                    . . . . . a.  races (4) -     35.5 miles
                    . . . . . b.  training -        89.0 miles
                    YTD - 331.1 miles

July racing provided three euphorias I never thought would happen again in my running.

Sorry to bog down the monthly with them but I don’t otherwise keep much of a running log).
                    1.  Seafair Sprint Triathlon - after from one-to-five triathlons a year since 1978 but only one swim-a-year in an annual super-sprint tri with their short, quarter-mile swim since quitting IM’s in 2006, there was no surprise in either being a pedestrian 396/453 OA, a pathetic 448/453 in the swim or even the 2/453 super-fast shoeless/wetsuitless transitions.  However, it’s still euphoric just being able to swim the half mile distance cold turkey for the first time in eleven years.
                    2.  Frank Maier Marathon - starting in 1978 and until his passing got it named after him in 1992, I used to run the FMM with Frank, the only other purist non-trainer I’ve run with as he could run an annual marathon at the drop of a hat with no training except for being in shape from living in Alaska) We did it in four +/- hours in those days but after beating 2014's 6:38 by one minute in 2015, I’m still euphoric about this year’s 6:20 with a 20-minute negative split.
                    3. Training - as an off-and-on skier-turned-runner mostly enjoying annual marathons and opportunistically convenient fun runs to keep in shape throughout the year, July featured a seven day running streak for the first time since 1985 followed by PR 15 days of mostly 5-mile commuting in honor of the DL’ers made me feel like a real runner, and definitely helped the 17-minute gain in the FMM.
                    ps - in the semi-euphoria department, with all of July’s training,

it only took seven months for this year’s YTD to exceed amy and others’ average monthly mileages.
                    pps heylenie - how did the Jack-and-Jill Marathon compare to your CA mary’s?  Was it your first trail marathon?  It’s nice that it’s mostly on a descending 2% old RR grade but, except for hard-soled trail shoes, it’s too bad the so-called trail “improvements” of sharp, crushed gravel that cut into shoes and tear them up can make for painful running.
                    Didn’t Cecil and others do one of the Tunnel versions too
                    along with the 2013 reunion I missed, Paul two times, etc.?. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Only 113 miles but plenty of hiking and other fun activities on our Alaska cruise, like sea kayaking & ziplining!  Also 92 bike miles.  Thinking about a metric half century ride this fall, which would be my longest.  Fighting off foot problems at the end of July and the bike helps a lot with that, to keep me in shape.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

#artbydmcbride

Yes Tetsujin, that was my first trail marathon.  I definitely like running on dirt better than running on gravel!!

Runners run

Walk-Jogger

. . . 

Didn’t Cecil and others do one of the Tunnel versions too
                          along with the 2013 reunion I missed, Paul two times, etc.?. .

Yes indeed, I did the Tunnel Marathon (my only full ever) in July 2013 and met a number of forumites from this group! I liked the trail surface of that downhill race since I usually run on asphalt when I'm not running on an indoor track.

I ran less than one mile per day in July, 26.7 miles total. It was all run as 1600m time trials or shorter intervals, so even though the mileage was pitiful, my average speed was... fast & fun.

Retired &  Loving It