Masters Running

Wednesday 1/29/14 Chilly Runs (Read 35 times)

evanflein

Wow, Mike and Enke... those are some long TM runs. I haven't done much more than 9 miles on the TM in awhile....

8.4 miles outside in the bright sunshine today... long lunch break. You guys are probably getting tired of me saying this, but I'm loving this mild sunny weather in January here! I do not remember a January like this ever before. So nice! The temperature varies so much around here though. It was about 20° at my office when I left, and the time/temp sign said 14° when I was at about 3.5 miles, then it gets a little colder down by the railroad tracks where I turned around to come back. I figured the average was about 15° so that's what I put in my log. Pace today was faster than planned, with a few really speedy miles for a winter run on ice (7:44, 7:57, etc) so I'm calling this a tempo run, even though it wasn't a sustained pace. Still, it works for me.

Might run on the treadmill tomorrow, but we'll see. I don't have any meetings tomorrow, and it's supposed to be just a wee bit cooler. Still, 45 minutes on the treadmill at easy pace wouldn't be "so" bad, right? We'll see.