Masters Running

Thursdaily, 4.26.18 (Read 39 times)

...holly//....sorry, I only read the Teeth part of your post....

.........if you want,

we can all drive to your house and Beat him with a Large Stick for you

=============

50-min PoolRun with letters

..............Good Running to Ya............

and

remember,

When times get rough,

and the road is long and dark

These Words

of my Uncle Walt

come to mind

(just before they hung him)

''Well, This has Certainly Been a Lesson To Me''

eta-

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/26/606127327/finally-a-race-for-the-rest-of-us-0-5k-in-texas-includes-beer-smoke-break

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

eta again: just got off phone with John. He'll come out to LC about 11 a.m. next Saturday and hang out with us for the day. 

Sweet!

Shorts + My Stark White Legs = Wear your sunglasses, folks! The other day:

Me to The Hub: How is it possible that I am so frigging white and not considered an albino?

The Hub: One of these days someone is going to attack you and those white legs will be your greatest defense. 

The last couple of weeks I've been reading a two-book series by Catherine Gilbert Murdock.  They're a very light read, and she's a pretty funny writer.  Last night as I was reading I got to the end of one sentence and in the whole context of the scene it hit my funny bone hard and I could not stop laughing for a good couple of minutes.  Ran Chico off the bed and The Hub just sat there looking at me.  At times I could barely breath, my nose was running, I was crying . . . those kinds of laughs feel so good . . .

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

pfriese

Easy 6 for me today.

Paul

spacityrunner

Easy 3.1 for me this afternoon.  Cool, partly cloudy beautiful day.  It rained a lot yesterday so everything felt fresh and clean.

Trails Rock!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Jay - you think you're busy now?

wait until you really retire and everyone

thinks you have nothing to do and want

to help out with lots of things to do for them

so you don't get too bored.

Today, I am leaving in a few to get to an all-day conference. Tomorrow, I have to get out early for an 8:30 meeting. And I'm supposed to be semi-retired...

With temps up to 80o for the first time since last summer, I almost did a tammy and five-miled it back in the summer sun but slight residual hacking from now-16-day throat crud has sapped too much energy.  Fortunately, still have ten days to recover for the Bloomsday 12K but, as a Bloomsday perennial, didn't like the sound of posie's possible surgery post yesterday.

Henry's "Canadian" post tops the day so far.

Sometimes, posts are just too perfect.

However, Leslie still said it for most of us

in her Tuesday idea on helping out Surely Bill's LA.

No wonder I love running so much. .

Surly Bill - If your life accomplice is 5' 8", has an inseam of approximately 31" and weighs, oh, generally 145 lbs. and feels the need to purge clothes in a general direction, I live not too awfully far north of you.  We can figure this out. I'm willing to travel. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Holly, you are one amazing gal and I hope that things start going better for you!

Carolyn, we're going to be at Mesa Verde for a couple days a couple weeks from now, so I'll at least be in the same mountain range (I think!).

Beautiful day for a run or ride and I chose to get 20 miles in on my road bike. On the way back, just as a service to my DW , I checked out a new ice cream place that just opened alongside the trail. It passed muster so we'll probably be out that way again this year (maybe more ingthan once!).

And Leslie, I was really ashamed of my pale old man's legs sticking out of my bike shorts. Anyone have a can of spray-on tan that I can use?

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

And Leslie, I was really ashamed of my pale old man's legs sticking out of my bike shorts. Anyone have a can of spray-on tan that I can use?

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

6M including 5k tempo at 7:30

What a turnabout! Tet gets 80° and I'm in the low windy 60's!

Am I one of the few left in a traditional relationship, where the feminine half rules the roost with an iron fist? Or sharp tongue, as the case may be? Sorry to hear about marriage woes Holly (and others), there are answers and solutions, and every relationship is different, you guys will find your solution. A marriage requires work. And get your tooth fixed.

Leslie; worried about bright white legs? I'm worried I'll be too tan and stick out like a sore thumb when I run in Eugene next weekend. If the announcer is who I think it is, he knows me and will be making comments about it the entire race: "the man with the california tan is keeping up...". or "he looks tanned and toned, but not so rested...".

get well soon to everyone!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

mrrun

some of us have always used the term "fish belly white" which is my color all  year round.  makes my dermatologist and dr. robin happy!

meeting, then some biking today and PT tomorrow.

happy race walks and runs everyone (( just because))

marj

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I could not stop laughing for a good couple of minutes.  At times I could barely breath, my nose was running, I was crying . . . those kinds of laughs feel so good . . .

Sounds like me after I read some of tomwhite's posts.

Yes, Tramps--you are a lucky guy.

No, Surly--you are not the only one.

I went 6 easy miles, today, after work.

It looks like it's going to be windy in Delaware on Sunday...and I don't care how bad it was at Boston, I'm still going to complain.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

...holly//....sorry, I only read the Teeth part of your post....

.........if you want,

we can all drive to your house and Beat him with a Large Stick for you

Am I the only one who loves reading Tom's posts every day?

4.5 miles this morning. Run, limp, run, limp, repeat...

Had the MRI this afternoon but won't get to talk to the doctor about the results until Monday. When the tech asked me what kind of music I wanted to listen to during the scan, I told her "classic rock". The first song that came on was "I've Got Friends in Low Places". Made me think of all my friends here at RA  And I don't think Garth Brooks falls into the "classic rock" category.

Carry on and have a great weekend.

((Holly))  grrrrrrrr - I agree with what everyone else said!!

Worked my 40 hours in 3 days this week -- haven't done that in awhile - 12 Mon, 12 Tues, 16 Wed --- have to admit they were all pretty decent days tho and in a strange twist of events, my cough/cold has actually cleared up much quicker than my usual illnesses!! Now if dh and my sons would stop hacking away it would be nice!!

5.2 miles mid-afternoon. Legs felt kind of sluggish but overall it was fabulous to be outside in the sunny 60's!!

Day 1 of 4 in a row OFF and it was wonderful!!

Nite Masters!!

denise

Deez, those are some long days but nice to get a week of work done in three.  My Son-inLiaw is a firefighter who works 24 hour shifts.  I think he is scheduled for about 7 days a month.  They can be busy shifts with the rescue calls added in.

I made an appointment for therapy for my wrist/hand.  I am concerned about the range of motion I have, or lack thereof.  If they can evaluate and give me some exercises that's all I really want. I'd rather save my copay for new shoes.   This was the third day I was out before dawn for a run/walk.  The wind was brisk so I opted for the nearby streets rather than going out around the lake. With the streetlights I didn't even need that dorky headlamp 😁.  It was a fairly nice day and the ice is finally off the lake, thanks to the wind.  A lot of Minnesota lakes will have record late ice-outs this year. Anyone want to wager on when my snow will be completely gone in my backyard? The winner gets a homemade knit hat.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Starr, we usually have most if not all of our snow gone by April 25, a day I remember because it's my best friend from childhood's birthday, and the snow was always gone by Norma's birthday. This year? Not so much. Gone on the south-facing slopes but still quite a bit where the plows stacked it up and on our yard. *sigh* It will go eventually, right? Hope your wrist keeps getting better.

I love tomwhite's sense of humor. Reminds me of my dad, very dry and witty.

We call that spring time whiteness a "moon tan," seems to work. Hey Tammy, say hi to Johnny for me!

Ran 4.6 hilly miles tonight, then went to local sporting goods store for 5k bib pick up. Then ran 1.1 miles to DH's office to grab the truck, and drove back up the hill to my office for quick shower and collect my stuff. So, about 5.7 miles tonight with some good hillage and traffic dodging. Temps in upper 40's, a little more breeze than I really care for and leg felt pretty good.

Anyone want to wager on when my snow will be completely gone in my backyard? The winner gets a homemade knit hat.

May 11.

Tom has a great sense of humor.

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance