Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROU w/e 04/25 (Read 642 times)

For our Boston Runners: If you're being run out of town, get in front of the crowd and make it look like a parade.  (Author Unknown)

Okay.  Now that I've taken my personal stuff out of the weekly totals box . . . 

Eliz - Ran 8.3; stretching; unanticipated face-down napping

Dutchie -35.15 running km, upper body 1x, lower body 1x, abs 1x

frances - 4.5 hrs running

Stumpy - 10.75 miles running (with a spontaneous 5k thrown in), 1.5 hrs basketball, 2 miles elliptical

evanflein - 21.8 miles run, 1.7 miles walked (plus many more not recorded), 3.7 miles elliptical and some weights/abs

pfriese - 35.1 miles running, 735 pushups

Evryday - 18 running miles

Nono - Running 14 miles, 25 min yoga, 10 min stretch.  WTH?  This is even a workout?  I'm losing it!!!

Shadowrunner - 28.1 miles, 750 push-ups, hour of core; 1:50 free weights.  definitely an off week.

fatozzig - 7.75 miles.  I think this is quite possibly the lowest mileage I've had in a very long time, with the exception of when I had surgery.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Plan:  run 30 min, 1x; run 35 min, 2x; run 4 miles; and survive having something to do in the evening every night until next Sunday   

Monday - ortho appt after school (for sprained wrist; I've had quite a winter; wrist getting better); no time to run between drive home and night class; kinda tired though, so rest is good

Tuesday - stuck at school until almost 8 p.m. so more rest  Sad

Wednesday - 2.6 miles between school and a rehearsal; light rain way better than heavy pollen

Thursday - crashed big-time when I got home; calf still very tight from yesterday, so decided to just stretch and rest; definitely need it

Friday - 3 miles between school and rehearsal; sun and 70   

Saturday - endless box-moving as we emptied out the rest of mom's house into my basement; my house looks like the set for "Hoarders"

Sunday - exhausted; think I have yet another sinus infection, so I'm laying low for another day  Sad

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Thanks Leslie. 

Eliz....how's your knee (or is it your foot....sorry I can't remember)?  I do hope it is much better.

Monday............rest..................

Tuesday..........3miles............

Wedsday........3miles.............

Thursday........rest..................

Friday..............3miles.............

Saturday.........rest..................

Sunday...........Marathon.............

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie for getting us started.  Great quote...I think I can live by that one.

• Mon:  15 min core [160 push-ups, 3 sets of abds,3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.  No run today.  PM free-weights work-out completed (45 mins ub+lb). 
          • Tue:  15 min core [160 push-ups, 3 sets of abds,3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching; Easy run planned.  Decided to run at lunch today.  An easy 4.82 miles hill run @ 7:48 pace.
          • Wed: 1 hr UB free weights in PM.  Tempo run planned work late - no run today
          • Thur:  15 min core [160 push-ups, 3 sets of abds,3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching;Easy 3.57 mile run.
          • Fri: 15 min core [150 push-ups, 3 sets of abds,3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching, PM - 45 mins UB free weights; evening 4.8 mile easy run.
          • Sat:  15 min core [160 push-ups, 3 sets of abds,3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching; Long run 12.5 miles @ 8:40 pace. 
          • SunEasy run. rest day

total 25.7 miles, 790 push-ups, 1.25 hrs core, 2.5 free weights.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

evryday - Thanks for asking.  Chronic AT:  2 months off and it really didn't change, continuing to come and go randomly, but seemed to be related to which shoes I wore and how much I stretched, NOT to whether I ran or not.  I started walking in Nike Frees in early March with good results, so now I'm running only in Nike Frees with NO PAIN other than slight muscle soreness that is gone by the next day.

Shoulda known when the doc said "no walking on the beach" (something I consider to be my birthright) that something was seriously wrong with that picture.  Looking forward to a little barefoot running action on the sand this summer.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Hi everyone, thanks Leslie for starting us for the week.

Mon: 45 min UB, 10 min abs, 20 min recovery run, 20 LB + PT appt.

Done! The 3K recovery run went very well.  The lunges and squats didn't bother my hip at all.

Another PT appt. today. He's pleased with my progress, but cautioned me not to wanna do too much. Allowed a bit of hill training tomorrow, but not on the TM.

Tue: hill training outside

I had an amazing run. I did a 1.5K warm up, then 11x285 meter hill repeats, or should I say bridge repeats cause there are no hills here, with a recovery jog down, then a 1.5K warm down. Oddly enough, my hill repeats got faster as I did more of them (1:40-1:21), and my warm down was also 2 minutes faster than my warm up. I expected myself to slow down as I got tired. But that didn't happen. And I had FUN My last hill repeat I chased two runners that I passed recovering down, and were already half way up the bridge when I stormed up. I passed them a few seconds before the top. Felt great. I have no idea about the incline though. It added all up to 9.37 kilometers.

Wed: 5.5K easy + pushups&abs + 30 min plyo legs + PT appt.

Woke up late. Could've rn were it not that I had to be in the office by 8h30 sharpish. It's the one day of the week when I have to be on time.

PT is pleased with my progress. Though his treatments don't get any less painful.

Thu: 12.5K easy + PT appt. (day off)

11.28K tempo run. Didn't mean to, but I was paying attention to my knee lift again after the 1st 2 kilometers and I just went faster. I don't know if it's the knee lift, or whether the hill workouts are finally paying of.

Fri: 45min UB, 10 min abs, 20 min recovery run, 20min LB

This morning was 45 min UB first (STS Ba/Bi), then a 3 kilometer recovery run with Spooky, that is, I ran it pretty fast, so guess it's not really a recovery run, followed by a 30 minute plyo w/o (skipped the w/u cause I did the run).  Feel absolutely great. Ran out of time for abs. Will absolutely do it this afternoon, after work. 

Sat: 5.5K doggie run

Very nice 6.868 kilometer with Spike and Spook. Both Spike and Spook did a runner twice. Had to wait a bit for them to come back (stopped the clock). Lovely morning. Bit chilly: only 5C.

Added on a 30 min boxing working, incl. abs.

Sun: 20K long run + yoga

I ran THE most scenic route in this area. Today I did a little over 22 kilometers of it. It can be extended to nearly 24 kilometers if I remember correctly. And I ran it way faster than I think I ever did on the road. I don't know what's going on but this month, my average pace per week keeps going down, and my pace this week has been faster than usual too. Is it the hill training? Is it the massage therapy? Is the the CW-X compression tights? I don't know, but something is up.

Here's a link to some pics I took this morning. Hope it works.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23163114

Total running mileage: 56 kilometers (34.79 miles)

Total biking mileage: big fat zero

UB: 3x

LB: 2x

Abs: 3x

+ lots of stretching my butt

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

Next 3 weeks will be centered more around strength training.  Will be a nice break.

Mon - 3 miles or 30 minutes; strength training ------------------ 30 min biking; 40 min core/strength

Tues - 5 miles ------------------------------------------------------------ 5 miles in 48:??

Wed - 3 miles or 30 minutes; strength training ----------------- 30 min; 45 min core/strength

Thurs - Rest

Fri - 3 miles or 30 minutes; strength training -------------------- 30 min; 45 min core/strength

Sat - 10-12 trail miles -------------------------------------------------- 8.75 sort of leisurely miles

Sun - Rest ----------------------------------------------------------------- 6+ hrs of yard work

Totals: 13.75 miles running, 60 min stationary biking, 2.10 hrs core/strength, 6+ hrs yard work

Congratulations, Erika!!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

Nice quote fatozzig!    Another pointless week for me...just working out the ramp up aches and pains.  Did get my ankles all happy yesterday with a 2 outside/2 inside run... Well, that and a Manhattan at 8 pm...

Actual 
                   M   rest    
                   T  ran 4
                   W  25 min yoga
                   T  2 mi run pushing kids, managing dog
                   F  ran 3 mi, 10 min slideboarding
                   S  ran 8 mi
                   S  rest

Total: ran 17 mi, 25 min yoga, 10 min slideboarding

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie! This week will be recovery for me. Got another 5k coming up on May 1 that I need to prep for.

Monday: 26.2 miles, Boston Marathon! Set a new PR of 3:32:33; I think we walked at least 4 miles, too!

Tuesday: Walked the entire Freedom Trail, including 294 steps up (and back down) Bunker Hill Monument

Wednesday: 3.8 mile recovery run

Thursday: 4.2 miles easy pace (8:45), .25 mile walk

Friday: Desperately needed rest day, I feel wretched; early bedtime is in order!

Saturday: 6.1 miles, 8:30 avg pace, feeling much better but not 100%

Sunday: 10 miles run (8:17 avg pace), .6 mile walk

Totals: 50.3 miles run, including Boston PR of 3:32:33, at least 7 miles walked, but a lot not measured
                    Dutchie42

Erika: amazing finish time. Even if you had to walk some of it! Congrats

My birthday is getting  closer, so I made a big decision today: next year I'll turn 50, and I've decided that I'd wanna run a marathon around that time. I've actually picked the Vancouver marathon (1st Sunday in May). Any Vancouverites here? If any of you have any info or tips regarding hotels, I'm all ears Once registration is open for 2011, I'll sign up and then go about booking a city trip. It seems the cheapest option vs booking a separate flight and hotel, or an organised marathon trip.

Dutchie

evanflein

Oh, Dutchie, I didn't walk on the course! We got dropped off almost a mile from the Athlete's Village (roads closed to regular vehicles, just buses getting through) so had to walk in, then all the walking afterward, then we walked a lot of the way to our after-race party, and then again after that to get back to our hotel! Should've worn the Garmin for all that stuff!

I don't know anyone from Vancouver, but if you're still taking suggestions I'd vote for the nearby Royal Victoria Marathon, I think it's Oct. 10 this year.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

My birthday is getting  closer, so I made a big decision today: next year I'll turn 50, and I've decided that I'd wanna run a marathon around that time. I've actually picked the Vancouver marathon (1st Sunday in May). Any Vancouverites here? If any of you have any info or tips regarding hotels, I'm all ears Once registration is open for 2011, I'll sign up and then go about booking a city trip. It seems the cheapest option vs booking a separate flight and hotel, or an organised marathon trip.

Dutchie--I think there are some Canadians on the daily and also some over at Kickrunners who might be able to offer some ideas.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

pfriese

M: 0 miles running, 109 pushups

T: 7.5 miles running, 110 pushups

W: 5.6 miles running, 111 pushups

Th: 4.5 miles running, 112 pushups

F: rest day, 113 pushups

Sa: rest day, 114 pushups

Su: Marathon, 115 pushups

Total: 43.8 miles running, 784 pushups

Paul

Dutchie42

I don't know anyone from Vancouver, but if you're still taking suggestions I'd vote for the nearby Royal Victoria Marathon, I think it's Oct. 10 this year.

Erika: I wanna be out of town on my birthday, which is 29 April. I can't afford to be out of town for 6 months But I like your suggestion. Maybe some other time. The date of that marathon is great though, 10-10-10.... It's my son's birthday.

Dutchie

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Let's see, it's late Friday night, so I guess it's about time to get my weekly schedule posted

Monday:  a couple of miles walking to and from the course, 4 hours of marathon spectating, and 2 hours basketball to finish.  Done.

Tuesday:  3 miles.  3.1 done

Wednesday:  x-training.  rested.

Thursday:  3 miles.  Dropped DW at the airport at 4:30am, went back to bed.

Friday:  rest.  3.1 miles to make up for yesterday.

Saturday:  x-training.  1 hour pump class

Sunday:  5 miles.  5.8 with c/d  and 1.5 with Max

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.