Masters Running

Friendly Friday (Read 400 times)

Mariposai

So, twocat and Jay decided to sleep in today? Tongue

This will be a RAW day for me, but I am counting for the run to be in the sun Smile

Have a great day, folks!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

mrrun

Did I sleep through Thursday?  I'm on track to rival stumpy and tet for mileage this month.  biking in today was MUCH more comfortable then yesterday.  planned RAL but work meeting just popped up.

Jay - thx for maple syrup recommendation.  we have often used marmalade on salmon and tried syrup last night - yum (stove not grilled)

happy runs today

marj

Slo

Confused Having started my work week on Wed, Which felt like a typical Monday and then seeing this thread today has me utterly lost.

Dave59

Confused Having started my work week on Wed, Which felt like a typical Monday and then seeing this thread today has me utterly lost.

Big grin

Mariposai

Just teasing to see how many of you would just post without actually reading the title of the threadSmile. Sorry for being a bad posie Smile))

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hey, I retired a month ago, so every day is like a Saturday.Smile

#artbydmcbride

Hey, I retired a month ago, so every day is like a Saturday.Smile

Angry

<jealous>

Runners run

Actually, here it is now Friday!  Now does posting the Friday daily on Thursday make it the daily when Friday actually arrives?  Or, since it was Thursday when posted should this be the Saturday daily to undo the day early from before?  Confused 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

coastwalker

Actually, here it is now Friday!  Now does posting the Friday daily on Thursday make it the daily when Friday actually arrives?  Or, since it was Thursday when posted should this be the Saturday daily to undo the day early from before?  Confused 

I'm getting dizzy!

I got up this morning, as per usual, when I heard the grandfather clock start bonging the hour chimes. Got dressed, fed the cat, did a quick check of the weather, headed out the door about 15 minutes later. I noticed the kitchen light on next door. Mike usually leaves for work at about 5:15, so either he was getting ready very early, or I was very late. Then I noticed more lights on in houses that I passed than I am used to seeing, as well as more cars on the roads. I didn't have a watch on, and so had no way to check the time, but I suspected that something was amiss. So I shortened my workout (to a 5K), and headed back home to find out what was going on. Sure enough, I was an hour behind schedule. When I heard the grandfather clock earlier, I hadn't bothered to pay attention to how many times the chimes were struck. Neither had I looked at a single other clock on my way out the door. I had just assumed I got up at 4. Yes, I know what happens when I assume... But it was a pretty amusing way to start the day. The sad part, however, was that there was no difference in the amount of ambient light (especially on a cloud-covered, misty morning) between 4am and 5am. Sigh.

Enjoy your Friday, and best of luck and fleet feet to all of this weekend's racers.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

C-R

Nice morning laugh.

Nice easy run at Disney and DS1 came along for it. We talked and enjoyed the 4 plus miles. I see how Mike has so much fun running with Ryan.

Well off to the crazy world of mouse.

Oh wait - I posted in wrong Friday thread. Must have been a wormhole. 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

...suspiciously Early Start to the Friday thread

=============

PT'ing still,

either seem to be losing Power, or Reality is setting in..........

.....................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

This morning I was thinking of my friend San Souci , who is also known as "She Who Hates The Wind"... 3 miles in the windy rainy PNW.

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                          Slo

It's like Ground Hog day

Still doesn't feel like Friday.

3rd day of rain and muck. Chose to sleep in and RAW because of the heavy rain drops I was hearing outside our bedroom window. Looks like I may have passed up my best opportunity for a run. (If you can trust the weather man)

Last HS home football game tonight. I've been playing the Geeky Band Parent and helping move the band equipment on and off the field for the half time show. When I signed up I thought it was for one game...not every home game!

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

66F 100% humidity

The air was so still! And it was a moist run. 5 miles of fun on Friday.

Hey Starr!

Unsure if you know this but, I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in Sept, 2010. It was a challenging time for sure, somewhat painful, and a little scary.

The best course of treatment for me was the radioactive iodine. (I have a physician friend who told me, "Do not be afraid of the radioactive iodine treatment. It is a lot safer than surgery. Surgery often damages the para-thyroid glands. The radioactive iodine is safe and effective.")

It took months to get the TSH, Free T4 and Free T3 to therapeutic levels but, once there, it has been smooth sailing. If your mother has her thyroid gland ablated through radioactive iodine (as I have had), she will need to be on Synthroid (or something similar) for the rest of her life. It is highly recommended that you do NOT get the generic form of this medicine because it is measured in micrograms (which are even smaller than milligrams)

and that the name brands do better job keeping the dosage consistent. I am on 112 mcg.  

I hope your mother tolerates this well. What happens is that you swing from having hyperthyroidism to hypothyroidism rather quickly and it can be exhausting. After my thyroid was ablated, I gained almost 20 pounds and was exhausted all the time. Once I got the thyroid panel to a therapeutic level, I was able to lose most of the weight and my energy level increased. I feel quite well now.

Perhaps tomwhite can comment on the medication part. He knows more than I do.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Dave59

6 miles this morning (woo hoo).  Stomach is feeling much better.  I have been doing a lot of reading about gastritis and I think I have to be careful about what I eat for a long time, maybe forever.  Last time I got better I went back to (lots of) coffee, spicy stuff, beer, et cetera and the pain came back with a vengeance.  This time I know better.

mta: I called a guy that has done yard work around my house in the past and he is going to come over next week and get the leaves.  I still have some to do outside but I need time to work this weekend.  I have some pretty hard deadlines and I need to get caught up.  No time for the planned marathon raking session.