Masters Running

My running path got narrower... a trail race RR (Read 281 times)

I am so in awe of trail runners. Great job (now, if can you teach a "how to" course online? Especially the downhill part)! grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles
      Mari - what a great race report and a wonderful race. You are really strong to run so well on the heels of a marathon. You rock!! Thanks for sharing the long version!!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

mariposai, you tackled, and beat, a tough course. The elevation change and trails sound wicked. You still beat your goal by a good margin and were able to take in the fantastic scenery and wildlife. Congratulations. TomS

King of PhotoShop

You write a great report. I sure sympathized with you running the downhill section at the end. After the marathon and then the uphill work, your quads must have been very disappointed to be asked to do that kind of work. Very nice reading. Congrats on conquering another tough run. Spareribs
            Mariposai, What a great race report and race. You are one tough cookie. Two weeks after Boston...you are a nutter Big grin Congrats on finishing this gruelling event and on describing it so beautifully. Best Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

btb1490

Butterfly woman, that was magnificent. As evanflein mentioned, who needed a camera? Your perfectly chosen words drew beautiful pictures for us. What a great report from a great person about a great race. I have read that the best runners "associate" with their bodies while they are running, rather than "dissociate" with it. Smile Congratulations, Mariposai.
                I did not let my mind be preoccupied on how much more I had to run; the steepness of the next leg or whether I should push it much harder. I was able to maintain this awareness through the whole race. This, my friend, was a huge victory for me.
                This is wonderful. Thanks for taking me on your beautiful journey. We need to run some trails together someday. Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."