Masters Running

Sunday Snow, Ice and Runs? (Read 488 times)

flatland mountaineer

2.74 short miles 0 deg -15 wc kewl pics

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Maniac 505

It was greta seeing Franc and family, and Tet today. didn't stop my watch so I don't really know my time, but I am pretty sure I was slower then the other time I ran this race in 2002, This is the first race I ever ran, with 15,000 or so people running it, it is not a fast race. still, fun event, and great seeing friends, old and new. Enka, so sorry your race was canceled. I was disapointed when the Christmas marathon was canceled a couple years ago. It was one of the races I targeted for obtaining Maniac status. they didn't even have show and Ice, they just used a feeble excuse of trees and power lines blown down all over the course. sounds like they are going to make it right though. tim: glad you are able to obtain a "good sore" with your cross training, that was so hard for me to do on the elliptical Dave
        Professional Santa Jonathan Bebbington, 47, of Vineland, NJ, was playing Santa at a PetSmart for a charity event when a cat bit him, sparking a flurry of concern for whether Santa would need rabies shots. Bebbington was posing with animals for a fundraiser when the owner, Christine Haughey of Egg Harbor, NJ brought the large cat into the store on a leash and harness. Just after a photographer snapped a picture, the cat sunk its teeth into Beggington's hand and wrist several times, drawing blood. The cat, Tramps, insisted he bit Bebbington because "I just get sick and tired of all these fake Santa's everywhere...you wear the beard, you better be geared to get speared."
        The local paper said they thought the cat was a young bobcat! Shocked Shocked Shocked Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Oh, yeah, running. Did it today, after extra-long church service (Christmas pageant) and post-service rehearsal. Ran 5.5 miles, mostly on the beach. Temps good - high 40s. Wind bad - had to be between 10 and 15 knots. The seagulls' feathers were all ruffled, even when they were facing into the wind. Have a greta week, all. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

xor

26.2 miles in honolulu today. It rained solidly for 2 full hours. Then it got steamy. Ok, bye.

2.74 short miles 0 deg -15 wc kewl pics
              Hey Jim.....another more miles than degrees run. WTG!
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Maniac 505

good luck starting your truck when you get home. (the roads really aren't bad)
                26.2 miles in honolulu today. It rained solidly for 2 full hours. Then it got steamy. Ok, bye.
                  Saturday's race was horrible...I ran a PW...-12 with the wind chill on a 3 loop course,so you fought the wind every time...but I travelled to the race with 2 team members who also happen to be race directors...looks like I'm going to get a couple of free entries whenever I want them... Saw the big boys run...WOW!!!!
                  Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                  evanflein

I can't imagine Seattle with snow and ice... yowza! I got my long run done, but I had to do it "Holly style" with the first 13 miles outside, then the last 5.22 inside on the treadmill. Took me about half an hour to get home... I always think that kills the whole idea of the "long run" but oh well. I really couldn't do anymore outside. Temps were -7 when I started (for Enke, -22C) but I think it warmed up a bit to a whopping -3 by the time I was done. I was warm enough for the most part, but my legs started to stiffen up the second "loop" and I didn't want to risk an injured hamstring or quad from overdoing it in the cold. Next time I go out in this I'm adding another layer to my legs... So, 13 at avg pace of 8:52 (several walk breaks last 6 miles), last 5.22 on the TM with the last 4.22 at 8:34 pace. Everything feels ok, just tired. I'll take that as a good sign.
                      I tell ya, I read all your cold running posts, and all I want to do is go stand in a hot shower for a very long time. Lynden - Upside of the horrible run, you have some "ins" for other races. Nice! SR - It's warming just thinking about your run in Hawaii - although the humidity couldn't have been a heck of a lot of fun, either. Okay - I'm off to bed. Sweet dreams, everyone!

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance