Masters Running

Day 2: 2.2.17 (Read 37 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

kid's phones.

It's not a papo's place to interject in the raising of GS but I've been just itchin' for him to get an e-mail or gadget of some sort so we can communicate directly instead of the now occasional phone calls.  However, that might make papo's too commom place instead of something special so later is probably better after all. I don't even want to ask holly what all those things are.

actually, maybe I wilI.

1.  what is the difference between an iphone and smart phone?

2.  what is an Android?

3.  what is a tablet? (my GS has one but all it has is games)

Running

Same 26o as yesterday morning but no wind so even

my slow motion version of running was enough to keep warm.

Now that I'm running so slow that slowing down to pick up plastic bottles, etc. along the way isn't like slowing down anymore, I was approaching a refuse container with a handful of plastic bottles, snack wrappers, etc. in the Korea sister city park here when a parks-and-rec crew was walkin' towards me from the other way with their plastic bagsful.

One of 'em said, "you know, it's never-ending and we sometimes wonder

who cares but seeing people like you, you obviously do.  Thanks."

Me:  "me too."

ps twocat - whew, I was scared the medical exam

meant you might be studying for another degree.

Hope everything's okay.

Maybe marj/henry, steve, jeanne or dave

can find amy down there.  I hope so.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Well Tet, I'm not Holly, but I can tell you that the Android is an operating system from Google, and runs on the Galaxy phones, vs. the OS10.xx operating system that runs on the iPhone from Apple. An iPhone is a smart phone, and a "smart phone" is one that does other things besides calling and texting, primarily having apps for added functionality and the ability to access the internet like a hand-held computer. A tablet is a essentially a smaller version of a laptop computer, or a larger version of a smartphone without the calling ability. Hope that helps. I'm sure others can add more.

8.2 miles tonight, including 4 x .5 mile @ 7:48 with .25 mile recoveries @ 8:42. I wanted to do 5 of the repeats, but just didn't have it in me. Glad that's done.

SteveP

Thank you all. Dad's surgery went well. He's in ICU for a few day.Primarily because of his age.

Stump, that last mile must have helped you hone your reflexes.

Holly, your poor DS. snicker.... I hope DD's sass helps her run a successful company and not a gang in prison.

Catwhoorg, Whom ever designed the freeways in Atlanta hates people.

1.  what is the difference between an iphone and smart phone?

2.  what is an Android?

3.  what is a tablet? (my GS has one but all it has is games)

They're kind of like two cans connected with a long - taught string intermarried to a walkie talkie and microwave oven mixed with crazy cat videos.

SteveP