Masters Running

Tuesday, October 30 Trick-or-Treat Runs (Read 375 times)

I'm wondering how Nono is doing.  She was right on the coast.  I hope she moved inland for awhile.

No run today, quads are still KILLING me.  Really, never had this kind of muscle damage from running before, still limping a bit just to walk and absolutely cringing going down stairs.

Hey Erika, I'll be around next week....but can you really run at 10:30 to 11 pace?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

What a mess on the east coast.  Lot's of people are hurting.  I hope things can get back to normal quickly.  I'm also glad that we haven't heard of serious problems for any of our RA community.

Even though it doesn't come close to east coast proportions, roch and Dave have described what we have here in MI.  I don't know wheter to commend Dave for running outside today or question his sanity.

My wife had a doctor's appointment in Saginaw (an hour away) this morning.  I usually go with her but when the appointment was scheduled early in the day, she suggested that I should stay home and get my morning run in and she'd be fine on her own.  When we saw the weather forecast, I knew I wouldn't be going outside.  Therefore, I suggested I go along and run at a community health center (free) on their indoor track (9.5 laps/mile).  I've done this a few other times when the weather was bad and we had a reason to be in Saginaw.  I got in 8 miles at an 11:09 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

quads are still KILLING me. 

Really, never had this kind of muscle damage from running before,

still limping a bit just to walk and absolutely cringing going down stairs.

Hey Erika, I'll be around next week....but can you really run at 10:30 to 11 pace?

enke - me too except even harder than walking is trying to stand upright just to get going. 

ps - don't worry about erika, if she doesn't want to run that fast, she can run at the 12:25 m/m I was barely able to eke out in Sunday's Run Scared 5K. Otherwise, we may have to track down divechief., . . or get  mariposai to move her trip from Olympia to Seattle.  

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Enke, I'll give you something to make you sore.  Come run St. George with me sometime!

A good workout tonight and only my legs are tired.  2 mile warm up, fartlek with 7 minutes @MP, 3 min. recovery, 7 MP, 3 recov. & 7MP, then 2 mile cool down.  I had the most interesting combination of foods afterwards, dried soybeans immediately, then later a 2-dip banana  fudge sundae.  Tag's a smart dog.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

TammyinGP

quickie workout tonight. had about a 1/2 hr until david was done with basketball, so went to his track and did 1 mi w/u, followed by 3x400m w/2:00 jogs, and a 1 mile c/d.  intervals were 1.46, 1.48 and 1.52. sheesh. i was sucking wind by the 3rd one. going to try and do an interval w/o once a week.

total of 3.5 miles, about 32 min. .

Tammy

Mariposai

I am so glad to see some friends are checking back to let us know how they are doing. Any news from the Beers?

Enkie, I think your legs and my legs are communicating with each other. Mine are like lead too, so I took another day off today. Just upper body core workout at the gym today. We got to listen to the body give it rest if that is what it needs.

Very interesting workout, Opie. Why 7 minutes and not 8 minutes or 1 mile at MP? Roll eyes. Just wondering. BTW, great job!!!

A good workout tonight and only my legs are tired.  2 mile warm up, fartlek with 7 minutes @MP, 3 min. recovery, 7 MP, 3 recov. & 7MP, then 2 mile cool down.  

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

The Beers are fine, and never had real issues. Both had good runs today, and just had some wind and rain so no big deal. I'm concerned about Hally though... she did go inland to stay with friends, but haven't heard from her since. Maybe just out of power.

Tetsujin, I can't come down earlier. I'm going down with my folks to help them out. My dad is having surgery on Monday. We leave here Saturday afternoon, and they'll have Sunday to recover from the trip. He'll be in ICU after his surgery, and then hopefully will be able to come home with mom and me on the following Saturday. If not, he'll be in a skilled nursing facility until released, then I'll come back to Seattle to bring him home. On Sunday, and later on Monday, I should be able to get out for a run or something. The rest of the week, I'll just have to coordinate with what mom needs to get her back and forth, and I have work to do, too. But... there should be time for running in there, too. 

Enke, I'd love to run with you at whatever pace! I'd just need a ride since we'll be on taxi or shuttle duty, won't be renting a car. I'll be on Madison Ave, to the East of I5...

Elliptical and ab/core work at lunchtime today. It feels like forever since I went for a run. It didn't snow today, and was bright and sunny out, but I was too busy to go run. We've gotten a few inches of snow since Sunday night... nothing compared to the deluge of Sandy, but enough to make running a PITA.

Very interesting workout, Opie. Why 7 minutes and not 8 minutes or 1 mile at MP? Roll eyes. Just wondering. BTW, great job!!!

I'm recycling workouts my Coach gave me a couple of months ago to train for St. George.  In other words, I'm doing the same training plan.  I don't have to think that way, just run.  And now I get to enjoy the cooler weather.  When I did this workout last time, it was August so 81 and humid.  My HR was Average: 156 / Max: 175 so harder than it should have been due to the conditions.  This time Average: 136 / Max: 150.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me