Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 11.6.13 (Read 44 times)

mrrun

MS - my advice is different from Ribs and lamerunner.  i had real piriformis pain, not back or sciatica or arthritis.  if it's only your butt that hurts, it's probably piriformis and not other ailments.  i rolled on a roller for a couple of minutes morning and evening focusing on 'sweet spot" (yes i know the whole thing in the beginning was sweet spots.  the other exercises i got were clamshells and single leg bridge. Pigeon as a yoga position also works the area.   this was the first real pain i got while training for NYC.

good luck!

i hate standard time. it's dark and depressing.

marj

Here is my question....my Garmin 610 is taking 35 minutes to download data wirelessly onto my computer.....it used to take about 2 minutes or less.  I am technology challenged, and not sure what to try here.  I sense it is a problem with the watch, not the computer.

Enke, by "download" I assume you mean transferring your data from the watch to your PC, right? Mine also got slow after a while, but I think it's because it sends everything each time. Go into the menu on the phone, select History (I think it is), and delete all of it. Once your workouts are on your PC or uploaded to Garmin or wherever, you don't need to keep them on the watch. Definitely speeds up the transfer, although 35 minutes sounds hughly excessive!

MS,  I battled piriformis (or something masquerading as same) for quite a while. I had success with the "rolling around with buttock on tennis ball" technique; if it hurts while you're doing it, it's working. That and time finally did it.

Have a good weekend at the wedding Dave!

I had Dave's weather (same general area) today, but was too lazy to do much of anything. Besides, I had a new phone to play with (Google Nexus 5 with Kit-Kat (don't ask)), so that kept me busy installing my apps, configuring email, trying to remember login passwords, etc. Friday I'm taking off on a weekend trip to the D.C. area, but I'll either run or go spinning at the rec center.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Happy Wednesday Friends!!   I am chiming in on the busy work week -- worked double shifts (16 hours) Monday and Tuesday and they kicked my butt!!  I didnt crawl in bed last night til after 12:30 but I made up for it this morning - woke up once for a BR break then back to sleep until 9:45!!!!  YAY sleep!!  Big grin

6.8 easy pace miles today - had a hard time getting the legs to turn over but felt so good out there today!!  Then, treated myself to a nice 60 minute massage and spent some time in the steam room .....ahhhhh  Smile

Holly - hope your cold goes away soon!!

MS - healing thoughts for you and your kiddos!!

Dave - have fun at the wedding and with your granddaughter - and that Curve looks really cool!!

denise

lamerunner

OK, so now Mustang has to do the cobra, then flip over and massage her derriere on a foam roller... well that will get  the colleagues to jigging...  

Deez, sounds like a tough schedule. and yes, sleep is good..

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

no particular reason but I wonder how Tammy's doin'?

Geez deez, no wonder the goddesses are so tough.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Back from Chiro-San, who proved that an advanced education trumps Google every time.  It isn't piriformis or sciatica.  I've strained Glute Med in an ugly sort of way.

And I'm going to be straight with you, my friends.  I did it by <drum-roll> getting off my bike on the right side instead of the left for the first time in my life, and swinging the wrong leg over the bike.  This is now officially the stupidest sports injury since I wrecked my shoulder trying to get my elbow out of a face-pin caused by a half-removed sports bra.  In traffic.

"You are a talented runner and cyclist," he said.  "But you're a lousy athlete.  Jeez.  No lateral stability at all."

Back onto ibu rest and into the clinic again tomorrow.

Mariposai

{{{{{{{{{Posie huggs Mustang Sally}}}}}}}}}. Ohh, btw, we all wish you could be with us this weekend too.

Well, once again the day came and the day went without a minute to rest, but ohhh it was all good. I am so blessed to have a job that I absolutely enjoy and even working 13 hours seems nothing.

No running today, but I have big dreams for an early morning run tomorrow.

I am soo looking forward to the weekend.

Cheers my friends

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard