Masters Running

Wilted Wednesday Runs - and Rain! (Read 450 times)

Wink

........naw,

it was more of a RearView.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Yes!! We finally got rain!

Yay!  We did, too!  Although it was one of those "short and violent" storms, that came and went in a hurry.  Funny thing is, when I went outside an hour later, the dirt seemed completely dry again in most places.  Still, a welcome relief for those lucky enough to be in the path.

Twocat - hi!  I was wondering what you were up to.

Spent the day at a seminar on Elder Law.  I was sore pressed to miss a day at work, the workpile is calling me, but I like to take these opportunities when they are local.

5 recovery paced miles for me this morning in 83 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Wink

........naw,

it was more of a RearView.......

Big grinBig grin Big grinBig grin

that did it Tom, thanks.

Now I'm fully recovered.

What do they call taper  madness when it happens afterwards?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

2 more days and I'm off to RAGBRAI !

Slo, I'll expect a full report when you get back. If I'd known about this in my younger days, it sounds like something I'd have tried.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

SteveP

Good morning!

Jay, try wearing a dryer sheet tucked into your hat.   I have been putting one in my pony tail and haven't had a issue with flies.     I wonder if I look like a flying nun!  Wink

Deerfly Patches  have worked great. In a two mile outting, DW had 18 stuck to the patch. On a two hour jaunt, there were well over 40 that did not bite her. Kinda gross though.

Every step counts StarrRuns. Welcome Back.

Here's to mo' mojo Slo-slo.

Tet, you're a genius,

I got the endorphin rush for the first time in ages. 3 measly miles, but holy wow. The time was about the same, but it felt greta. Then drove 3 hours to get DD#2 who just came back in from Houston. She did not bring any rain back with her.

SteveP

Bushrat Runner

We thought we were having a heat wave today, it hit 72 degrees. Seems not everybody understands how hot that was. The guy I ran with at lunch today thought it was comfortable. It wasn't...it was HOT! To me, anyway. 

I didn't see anybody run off the road today, but I did get confirmation from a friend that the spam shirt is not overshadowed by the shoes. Here, you can see for yourself...

...if you dare...

Ouch, my eyes!

evanflein

Wow, Rhoon... that's one helluva ug... um, interesting shirt. I heard it was pretty warm down in southcentral/southwest today. We, unfortunately, were not with a few days of overcast skies, cool temps and rain. I know some of you would kill for this now, but sorry, this summer has been a disappointment as far as I'm concerned. Pros: no forest fire smoke (ok, that's a big one I agree), no wasps. Cons: only 1 week of "hot" weather (we're used to several weeks), too many mosquitoes, too many overcast, cool, rainy days. Grrrr. Not our typical summer, for sure.

That is an outfit only other runners could love . . . and your mother . . . maybe. Big grin

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hi rhoon.

sorry I asked how you keep the brown bears away.

ps - is that spot map 120 miles  on Naknek Lake all in one day in one of those little tiny aluminum skiffs?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Bushrat Runner

Actually, I am pretty sure my mother would not like that outfit. She'd laugh, shake her head, and hope nobody saw me. But then, wearing that outfit, how could they not? 

The spam shirt is nearly dead now, but it has a truly sordid past. I won it as a prize for getting second place in a spam carving contest. About 10 years ago. It has seen hard duty since then, and has holes in it now, so must be time to get out the spam carving knife. You carve spam by freezing it, then letting it partially thaw. You want to be carving it when it is almost frozen, but not quite. So that's what I did. Since I had never carved anything in my life, I wanted to keep it simple, so I carved an open book with glasses laying across the pages. I removed a lot of negative space to get to the finished product. It turns out that, properly fried (and goodness knows, spam is already well seasoned...) negative space makes a tasty breakfast, so we ate it. 

The guy that was in charge of the contest had some difficulty with getting the prizes. It turns out that spam headquarters are not amused by spam carving contests. If you ever decide to host one, I recommend you tell them you are buying prizes for a cooking contest. They will be much more helpful. 

And Tet...I don't think bears care if your wearing a spam shirt, only whether you taste that delicious and salty and fatty.

The lake trip is in a pretty decent vessel, a 27 foot aluminum deep-vee with a three-sided cabin and twin 150hp Honda outboards. A trip like that in a Lund would get pretty long...