Masters Running

Donna - our Kids (Read 181 times)

TomD

Evening are still long. I once heard how important and simple the power of touch could be. I sure could use a hug. I know this misery will slowly go away. I will never forget Donna as I have not forgot my other two wives that have passed on. Donna has made a very big impact on my life and I will never forget how very important she has been to me these 3 years we were together. After Sheri had her stroke it took me 4 years to find Donna. I tried my best to find her too. It is so very difficult to realize that Donna is not here any more. It all seems like a terrible nightmare. Sooner or later I need to get some serious sleep. I am so very tired each night, but I do not get much more than a few hours of sleep each night. Other than the night after the marathon last weekend I can not remember the last time I got at least 6 hours of sleep. Most nights it is 3 or 4 hours. About 7+ hours was normal for me before all this happened to me. I am planning to see some friends in Lincoln next weekend and my Mother at the farm, so maybe that will turn things around some. You would think God could leave such a good person here with some much crime in the Kansas City area. There must be plenty of evil people around. We have a need to balance it with the good that Donna provided for so many. She helped so many with her act of kindness. Donna would go up to complete strangers if they looked like they needed someone to talk to. Maybe she would give them a card for a free massage at where she worked or something like that to break the ice. She would try to match friends up. She said, "I want to have what I have." Now I wish every one will experience what Donna and I had. Right now I have Friskie in my lap purring and loving me. There are 6 more around the house that will take there turn later. They are all cats that others did not want and may have been put to sleep if it was not for Donna's love for cats. Each one of them have a story of being wronged by another person or persons. For all they knew all 7 have perished. It was Donna's love to save them from being just another number. She loved to tell others about her kids. How they were and the crazy things each would do. How this one slept in the sink, another in the bathtub, and still another liked it behind the toilet. How one was always sleeping near the stairs as if he was guarding them. The stories were endless with her. The kids were so very important to her. I am sure she bragged about me to her friends as I did to my mine friends about her. My heart feels so empty. Maybe I can yet get some sleep. I do have today off, but I really need to do work around here to help get my life together and get into some kind of routime. I hope my foot heals up enough for me to run some too. Thank you for listening.
    evanflein

Tom, any chance you could do some volunteering? Animal Shelter? Soup Kitchen? I think you need to pour your heart into something that Donna would champion. It would help you get out and involved, and help to keep her spirit alive. What she did with the cats is wonderful, but there are so many more who need help. And people, too. Your tender aching heart is a gift you can share with others, and maybe that would help lessen your burden.
      wildchild

Carolyn

Tom, I'm sorry to hear you're not sleeping well, but glad you have the cats for company. Three years is certainly way too short a time to have with someone as special as Donna was to you, but those three years together will give you sweet memories for the rest of your life. Hang in there.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tom, I think Evanflein hit it right w/ her idea of working in an animal shelter! If the one(s) where you live are anything like the tiny one here in Fayetteville, TN, they can use any and all volunteers! That might be the best tribute to Donna that you could make. Hope you rest easy tonight and I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you yesterday. Helen
            Keep writing Tom whenever you need to and as much as you need to. I hope you can get some real sleep and that the nights will soon seem more manageable. Keep the kids close.