Masters Running

Friday April 11 Boomer/Masters Runs and whatever ... (Read 567 times)

Oh.......3.63 miles with a decent feel to it. I need a long run and an off day over the weekend and this will be a very nice running week. If Tiger doesn't start hitting some birdies and eagles, Granny may not be watching him on Sunday afternoon for very long. Of course, tomorrow he could turn that all around and start his "charge". I would love to be there to watch the Masters one year. Have a great weekend everyone.
    Vista
    dg.

Good good good goody good you are good to go--GOOD! Calm down, calm down, must calm down, yes yes, BUT EEK! weather is looking warmer ev'ry time I look. Ribs sez don't look at weather. . . . . . eek! am addicted to checking weather. Bad Tweek! CNY sez she is tapering but is running 15 miles. EEK! Maybe I should run 15. BUT Holly isn't running. Too much pressure, what to do, what do do. Coffee, will take coffee break. eek eek!
      I love taper time. poor sally, out of the loop. a hat for pdr.
      evanflein

Yeah, Enke found her legs! I was sure they were close by... Tweek1, thanks, my sentiments exactly. Actually, I'm doing ok. I agree with CNYrunner though that a 2-week taper is usually enough. I am just trying to do this one sort of "by the books" and hoping it all pulls together. I'm sure it will... but, well, you know. I don't want it hot at Boston, for sure. 60's would be nice, but 50's would be better. My problem is I don't have a whole lot of warm weather running clothes that I like anymore... need to go shopping! (don't worry, all the "core" stuff will be tried and true...)
          -- i still have a pain in the butt -
          Yeh, that's what my wife keeps saying....I think she's talking about me. Roll eyes 6 easy miles today with the new watch... 10:11 pace. Yep, that's right the same wife that has me for a pain in the butt, and the same wife that brought me bananas, cold water and gatorade on my last 20 miler, bought me a new watch. The old one...the trusty timex ironman...was still working fine, but the strap had broke. For the last I don't know how many months, I've been digging it out of my pocket every 3 miles to check my time. She thinks I'm a pain in the butt....I think she's the best!
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          pfriese

Evening all, Another windy run around the lake this evening, not as bad as yesterday though. 8 miles at avg pace of 8:49/mile Have a great weekend everyone, Paul
            stumpy77

Trails are hard!

greetings for a late post. made it out for a early ride this morning. Managing to add some distance and some speed. 6.6 in 27:30. which I think might be about the same as some of the elites run a marathon Shocked. Now it's time to watch the Sox/Yankee war resume. Pitching duel so far, but hopefully the good will prevail! A somewhat running related question--Will I ruin my new running shoes by using them for biking shoes? I'm wondering if they will bend in a funny place. I just started thema nd don't want to ruin them. any opinions would be welcome. Thanks, Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

This place is gonna be totally berserk next week. Oh wait. It already is.
                Next week is the start of "Circus Week" at one of my schools. Like here, I'm trying to figure out how it's going to be different from usual. Clowning around Ran 6 miles this evening in 70-ish sunshine. Longest run since mid-January, caught the thousand-K pace bunny for the first time since late Feb., and working on highest mileage week ever. My career is a mess, but in terms of running, life is indeed good. Big grin Nono - cool that you and your kids practice yoga together. Smile Deez4 - sorry about your pain, and in such a place. Oy! Hope you feel better soon. Mari - LOVE the avatar. Happy last weekend before Boston, all, Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

Yeh, that's what my wife keeps saying....I think she's talking about me. Roll eyes
                  Reminds me of what my youngest (DS2, age 13) says all the time now. I don't care what the topic is, if you make any sort of statement it seems he can always fit "That's what she said," onto the end of it. Sort of like adding "in bed" to any fortune cookie prediction. Geez... 13 going on 20 something, I swear. I really wanted to run outside today, even though Friday's are usually sacred rest days for me. I spent Monday and Tuesday on my butt so felt I needed to get out to do something. So I ran 4 miles of slick, snowy hills with flurries blowing big flakes in my face. Lovely. Gotta be some of the worst footing of the whole winter... and that should be over! I think this is the worst April on record for me...weather wise. I agree that this place is getting fun... I'm trying to just be an observer but I'll bet I'll be a full-blown participant pretty soon...