Masters Running

Terrific Tuesday 11/20/18 (Read 41 times)

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, quick post.  Saw my doc this morning (annual checkup).  Nothing to report, except good cholesterol numbers.  This afternoon I went to a local park and got in a 7 mile run in 1:01.  Decent weather as well.

Steve, thanks for the recipe info.  I use a blend of apple, cherry and a little bit of hickory for pork.  As for smoking turkey, you hit on the biggest problem--finding (very) large cigarette paper to wrap it in.  That's why you have to do  smaller birds.

Have a greta night everyone!

bioguy

6 rather blah miles...I think tomorrow morning’s dental appointment is weighing on my mind; have some sensitivity to bot hot and cold

Joe618

Steve, from reading today's thread, the oldies station should be playing the Beatles "I Get High with a Little Help from my Friends".

Got in a mid-day 4 miler and spent the rest of the day finishing an amended tax return filing.   Man, do I know how to enjoy a vacation.

Rock on, folks.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Was going to follow-up the hiking trifecta of the last three days with a morning cycle, afternoon run back topped off in Lisa's evening Inferno Spinning Class but got distracted at the annual fall fish show and ended up with four big gratis boxes of fresh-frozen squid, mackerel, Pacific saury and herring.  hmmmmmmmm.

My go to brine is salt, brown sugar, peach juice, amaretto along with the first 7 herbs and spices in the cupboard.

Tetsujin209's penciled himself in for a repeat. The dog and I would love it.

Steve - yep, looks like tomorrow's that chance to go back to Mt. Si and see if I can remember better where I stashed my down vest and Portland Marathon blue windbreaker small windfall resting against a big tree better going up than was the case coming down yesterday.

Yep, I didn't know your turkey brine comes with brown sugar,

peach juice, amaretto along with the first 7 herbs and spices

in the cupboard.  However, did twocat tell you about "amaretto"

as you're as far over my head with it as twocat is over yours

with all of his various ingredients.

ps - no need to show off by specifying

the actual names of the seven herbs and spices.

ps KSA/Jeanne - funny how we don't always appreciate

what we have until someone mentions it to us.  Thanks.

From the department of aging: I needed three things from the basement to do yesterday's dinner prep. It took me four trips down and up the stairs -- a new record...

Doug - must have been pretty heavy three items to need four trips.

maybe check out weight training at the local gym.

ps - excellent six miles around the lake at a nice pace

2m/m faster than what I'm secretly hoping all this hiking'll

make possible in Sunday's Seattle Marathon but I doubt it.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Just 3 miles on the TM after work.

And now I'm on a 5 day weekend and my son's coming home tomorrow.  Smile

Tammy

evanflein

Bioguy, sensitivity to hot isn't a good sign. My dentist said that meant root was pretty much dead and root canal was next step. Sorry.

Leslie, so good to hear you are getting some answers. I have to ask though, what do you think you might've done to tear your hamstring? I just can't imagine. Like with twocat, you'd think there'd have to be some violent event or fall to make that happen. But in his case, that's a no. But at least he's not saying you have to be in a torture device orthotic for your recovery?

Have fun with your son, Tammy. It seems like he just went off to school last week!

Tet! You're doing the Seattle Marathon again? That was my Marathon Maniac qualifying event, as you well know. The weather that year (2007) was about as good as you could expect for that time of year in Seattle. Hope it's good for you this weekend.

So we had just a little too much freezing rain and light snow for my liking for an outdoor run. I've fallen a few times on ice and just don't have any urge to do that again anytime soon. So, I came home and ran on the treadmill. Turns out the conditions probably would've been ok for an outdoor run, but my afternoon meeting schedule was a little too full anyway. Got a pretty good 5.3 mile run done while DH went out to do some errands and pick up a pizza, so it all worked out in the end. One day left this week, and I'm hoping the prez (our university President, not the other one) let's us go early. Looking forward to some time off!