Masters Running

Lovely Thursday, July 29 Daily ....... (Read 581 times)

Mariposai

Erika, sorry to hear about the accident. We all need to very careful as runners and pedestrians.

Denise, great to hear about the hearing. Please don't feel like you are taking up air space here. We do care and we want to know how things are going.

Karin, thanks for posting your "hard day". we all get it and it is good to see that even my "Deena Kastor" in real life also encounter some hard days. You seem to always flow from one w/o to the next.

Enkie, you are improving too...just at a slower pace...just like yours truly.

Hallar, great option to not run. Time spent with family is very important!

Thinking of the relay racers in Oregon!!!!!

Go team go!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

lamerunner

Late greetings ~!  Great workout CNY even if it wasn't what you hoped for. It was indeed  humid this morning! And you train hard. Sometimes those miles catch up.

Deez, I am glad the judge protected Justin. I hope he makes good progress.

Busy day today. I ran 8, again, need to vary things but have not been getting out early enough, and also swam 3/4 mile at lunch and did  tennis clinic this evening. Tennis was fun. Our little club has combined the clinics into one session now, so I got to play with strong players and it was far more interesting than the lower level  group.  In terms of tennis skill, I am in between. I used to play but I am rusty.  Not weak or unfit though...I had been going to the lower level group to avoid those who take their game more  seriously, but it had gotten boring.  Tonight was kind of fun.

I am leaning toward Outer Banks Marathon in November...

Great running everyone!

lamerunner

PS Erika, that accident sounds awful. Does make you want to hug your kids. I hope for some healing to the community... scary world indeed.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Ran by the intersection where the accident was. Busy traffic as usual, like nothing ever happened. I spent a lot of this run thinking of that girl's poor family. I don't know if could handle it. 

So sorry/sad erika. 

I’ve got intersections and dates that have haunted me for more than a half century and always will.

Maybe I can share the special one for me on the Equinox trail if you can arrange a boomer reunion next year.

One thing about smaller towns is that even though you don’t know everybody, everybody can feel close to each other, especially because of sharing and somehow surviving the long and uniquely overpowering winters you face every year.   Thank you for making us a part of it too.  Losing your kid’s coach was like it was happening to us too.

Congratulations/good luck denise.

GOOD LUCK francesca at the White River 50-mile Endurance Race.
          I’ll be thinking of you on the little hill in the Torchlight Parade 8K you'd probably be doing otherwise..
          (divechief too but he’s working the sunset runs on the Puget Sound ferries this week.)

Ps - what’s a garmin?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Still too tender to even consider it, but each day it's a little better than the last.

Ah, there's good news today!!!!

Sorry for your community's loss Erika.

(((((Denise)))))

SteveP

SteveP

Ps - what’s a garmin?

It's a device that people who wear running shoes commonly use....Don't worry about it.

SteveP