Masters Running

Thurs March 4th Masters Daily - What a "Greta" day to make a difference!!! (Read 521 times)

Now to be totally obnoxious....our daffodils poked up last week of January and our tulips are up all the way but not flowered.  Our cherry blossom trees are full on, as are some Magnolias.  Everything about 3 weeks early according to my guesstimation.

Sounds like around here.  We have a beautiful maple in our back yard (I have no idea what kind) that's starting to get leaves.  The leaves are in such tight bunches on the branches, it reminds of marijuana buds. (And that's all I'm sayin' 'bout that. )

I feel so behind on the daily!  Being gone so much, and then having a ton of work at night to catch up on with my side job - it's been nuts.  Yesterday, got in my 10 with strides.  Today - I slept the sleep of the dead last night.  I never sleep that good.  Hit my alarm at 5:00 - then promptly fell back to sleep until Wilson woke me up at 6:30.  Woke with a rager of a headache, fed the cats, laid back down - - and didn't wake up again until 8:00!  Needless to say, I was a tad late for work (suppose to be there at 9:00, made it by 9:15).  Guess I was a tired . . .   . . . . and didn't work out. 

This weekend is the first of 4 grueling weekends as final prep for AR50.  I may be cursing my coach quite a bit, bless his evil little heart.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Maniac 505

Leslie,  glad you caught up on sleep,  sounds like you needed it.  Mari.  so sorry to hear about that dog.  Hope the owners contact you but it doesn't sound like they will be very responsible.

8 miles for me this morning on really dead legs.  Yesterday was sand moving day at the aquarium,  We added a ton of sand to the bottom of the tank,  I had the pleasure of hauling it around under water.  I think it will be a few more days before I recover.

I am on vacation for the next three weeks.  The Bataan death march marathon is at the end of it.  I think I will get one last 20 miler in this weekend then taper for the next two weeks.

deez, congrats on the Mt. Washington lottery.  dg, I'm glad your surgery doesn't sound too serious.  It probably doesn't matter if I say it but don't overdo your running and other workouts until you've had the surgery and healed.  mariposai, that's really a bummer about the dog bite.  It sounds like the owners are real losers.  I hope you don't have any problems as a result of the bite and that the owners will see that no one is bothered going by their place.  enke, it sounds like your family has had/is having a tough time with illness.  I hope it's about over.  lame, that's neat that your daughter was in the meet of champs for alpine skiing.

Nice long runs for evan (in Scottsdale where I was a couple of weeks ago), breger (with speedwork), perch, mariposai (with speedwork), bike (with speedwork), Tramps (carpy and cut short but done), and fatozzig (with speedwork).  Nice job on the speedwork for EGH.

This morning it was in the high teens and calm.  I got in 5 miles in about 48:30 for a 9:43 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

hope all the sicknesses clear up fast and stay away from the rest of us ...... seems the stomach bug is full force around here - sick calls at work are at a high!

took the green line out to Newton Highlands today and ran 10 miles in to the Boston Common Garage (where we parked) with a friend today .......... so fun doing part of the Boston route and part of the Tufts 10k route!!

when we first got off the T we were looking at our map and a nice cab driver came out of his cab to point us in the right direction, then at another intersection we were looking at our map again and a woman just stopped her car, asked us if we were doing the Boston route and showed us where to go ............ so nice!!  the cab driver told us he had run Boston 10 times but his last one was 20 years ago!!

denise

SteveP

It's always good to see post from Timbo, Ribs and Craneium. You guys should pop in more often...drag Gordon in with ya. And bring donuts.

{{{{{{Mariposai}}}}}. Bless you for being compasionate about the dog.

Since you don't have DL, Holly, I don't feel bad about reading slow. I hope you have a great party.

We've got nothin but snow poking out.

This week has been crazy at work. We have a new hire and we let one person go. The person cut loose, I won't miss. I do feel for here though. The two people who ehlp me with the most lifting will not be as available.  I helped the new guy make his first sale. A potential customer wanted an unusual custom door jamb. The new guy was stressing because it would take a good deal of time to get the material to make the door jamb. I gave told him to call our compitition and see if they got stuck with an odd ball order. If they did and he played his cards right, he could get it at a deep discount.  Sure enough, our man scroed the raw material.  When he charged it to our company though, he wound up paying a lot more than if he would have if he bought it, then turn in an expense report. Our new customer is happy and they have a large. project in the work.

Wednesday, I moved windows for over 12 hours. Today is the first run since Sunday. Today, my fuzzy friend and I put in 6.3 miles. The boss gave me Friday off. I hope to make up some miles.

SteveP

Mariposai

I am on vacation for the next three weeks.  The Bataan death march marathon is at the end of it.  I think I will get one last 20 miler in this weekend then taper for the next two weeks.

Have fun on your vacation my friend. What are you doing between now and Bataan? What a great time you are going to have at that race! Hey, if you are not doing anything special this weekend you can come over here, I am organizing a great cultural concert with Mariachi Band, Country singer and a great comedian, expecting over 500 people all to bring the community together and to promote the importance of the US census. Of course this is part of my job, but ... I need a gopher..., free concert and good food

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #3309

Ribs, I thought 2 minutes was a fairly common rest period between fast track repeats. I know when you had me running fast track repeats, you had me running a 1/2 mile or 1000 M repeat then jog 1/2 way around the track to start another one on the opposite side. Slowly jogging 1/2 way around a track would probably be more than 2 minutes I would think. But truthfully speaking about my repeats Weds night, I would have much rather to have just jogged / recovered for only maybe 30 seconds then take ofF again....I really did not labor that much (but interested to hear your thoughts as always) ------Craneium, I have never ridden a Cannondale, but only a Trek Road and Tri Bike.....why do you ask, as I prolly can answer some question you may have (I was a Chipindale once though, grins)-----Toooo Funny George.....me compartmentalize well (guess that is a good thing, lol) And George, that's one heck of a comeback to running....be careful Buddie! -----Erika, it really really must feel soooo very nice running in warm temps.....hey, keep up the stories about running in your running skirt and sports bra.....for us single guys like me (grins) -------Boy oh boy, am I SUPER SORE all over. Not from running, but from 5 of us unloading and moving very heavy objects such as shop supplies - furniture - equipment - and so on all over the place off big trucks all day long. I used muscles today that I am for sure I have not used in many years....and I have to do the same thing starting again early in the morning, and all day (going to be a tough morning to hop out of bed like I usually do) -----Hope everyone has a great night, AND TGIF - TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Maniac 505

Hey, if you are not doing anything special this weekend you can come over here,

Nancy:

I doubt if I can, but E-mail me. 

I' m Looking forward to a Heart concert tomorrow night.  I first saw them in a giant arena over 30 years ago.  This will be at a small, intimate but SRO venue and they are filming a DVD for their new album.  It will be interesting to see if they aged as well as I have

Also I have a call into one of my dive buddies.  If his new drysuit shows up, we will have to get wet this weekend.

but you never know,  depending on your schedule, maybe I can make it over the mountain?

Dave