Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 6.8.17 (Read 28 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Starr - that looks scary!  I am so glad you have a dr apt coming up, but was glad also your DD checked it out sooner.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

4 miles then burgers and drinks on the deck with Debbie.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

fantastic!

I can't find hers now but that's gotta gunna make enki jealous.  Me too.

However, I know you're a slalom water skier too but, . . . sailboarding????

Back down to the sixties and more rain today.

where'd the eighties and summer go?

No Tet, I don't sailboard, it is just an annual festival since it is always so windy here. They have competitions, a beer garden, food stands and free music concerts. Oh, kids arts and crafts too. People come from all over the country and we have had the national windsurfing championships here two or three times. DS sold Jumpin' Jake's Kettle Corn so he is not a vendor this year. It is a fun time but with temps pushing 100 I will take the kids there early and then play in the lake.

I hope I will be able to water ski in a couple of weeks. If not I may buy a stand up paddle board or a kayak.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Omg Starr that looks so painful. Get better soon.

fattozig I have not read that particular book but have read  Shake Hands With The Devil by Romeo Dallaire about the Rwandan genocide and his inability to get the world to listen to him that he needed help over there to stop it. His story ( and that of Rwanda) is truly heartbreaking.

Me? I ran 6 miles at a faster than I should have pace because I wanted to make use of the cooler weather before we get slammed with the heat this weekend and next week.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

evanflein

5.2 miles in 83° with 10 mph winds from the east that I really could've done without. But got it done, if not a little faster than planned.