Masters Running

40s, 50s, 60s+ On the Run - w/e 05/15 (Read 617 times)

Hey, All -

Joe - I'm glad the hip is starting to behave.  Thank goodness!  The boxing class - I've always thought it would be fun to take one.  I keep thinking that I would love to have a bag in my workout room, but I'd definitely have to have someone show me how to do workouts so that I don't break a bone or something.

The job - it's my 3-day a week job that will be going to full-time. It's definitely where I want to be, and I am so happy it appears to be working out.

I envy you folks who have all these races close by that you can participate in.  Sure would be nice if the local running club threw in a trail race every now and then.  Boo hoo.

Today's run.  Went out to Trinidad with my buddy for the first time. What a great place to run!  It's all logging roads, some still in use, some old and grown over, so essentially "trails."  You can climb, you can run on straightaways.  It's wonderful!  In the Forest, you're always either climbing or descending.  It gets tiring.  This new place, we can do it all, even practice our power walking.  We were doing about 13:30 m/m when power walking.  My overall pace for the 12.1 miles was 13:31.  Very happy with that.

Yack atcha later -

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Just a quick run by.....

Hey to all!  Hope the week went well for evryone.  Will check back and spend some more time tomorrow.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

7 miles for me in 1:11:00 for a slow but satisfying long run this morning.  This is the longest since 11/2008 for me.  The half is starting to seem like it might be realistic.  I was noticing a few spots when I was in death march mode, that the pace was 30sec to a minute faster than just a month ago at the same perceived effort.  I'm cautiously optimistic about my gains.

I could feel the extra lunges that the instructor put us through in class yesterday, though.  He said--'shorts season is upon us".  I think this is for the majority of the class who are not male. (every one except me, that is)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

flatland mountaineer

Got in a tenspot today. Friday I picked up a small utility trailer off the hitch ball and tweaked my back. I thought I got away with it until this morning when I had to roll on my knees to get up. Anyway I did my back straightening PT put on the trail shoes and gaiters put 'er in low lock (1" rain last nite) and hit the road. Definitely not a pleasant run but I feel much better now than if I had just laid around.

We finished planting on Dad's b-day and he had a good day thanks for the well wishes.  We enjoyed taking most of the weekend off, both of us got runs in and caught up on our sleep a little. More later.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III