Masters Running

Wacky Wednesday, April 7 Runs (Read 613 times)

evanflein

A style mavin in her own right, that's our ziggy.

Twocat... heatwave? What you guys are having out east now!! Actually, I'm really comfortable in the 70's, even low 80's (unless I'm running, then upper 50's or low 60's are ideal). Not so weird, no?

Tonight was apparently tempo run night. I was the last to be informed. 8.1 miles, 7:51 avg pace. 

Mile 1  8:23

Mile 2  7:53

Mile 3  7:58 (stopped here for traffic light)

Mile 4  7:48 (gradual uphill at the end, stopped at turnaround for a bit)

Mile 5  7:27 (wow, back down that same hill! stopped for that traffic light again)

Mile 6  7:25

Mile 7  7:55 (headed back to DH's office, lots of road crossings)

Mile 8  7:50 (some ice, ran around the neighborhood roads to avoid it)

Last 0.1 Mi   8:46 (back into the wind, walked after this)

I liked this run, but it feels like cheating to call it a tempo run. I did stop at all those lights and one road crossing (to decide where/how far to go), but even as a string of mile repeats, I'm happy with the paces given the wind and cold tonight. Foot a little sore after this, I think it doesn't like this much sustained speedwork. Good thing MP is slower than this!

SteveP

SteveP after they lock you up for running around saying "Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah...BATMAN...batman!!!!" who actually comes to get you out?  Just curious.  

I don't understand  Most days there are other runners on the trails doing something very similar.One guy puts his arms straight out and says "Whoosh!!" through most of his run.....Actually, I made all that up, but that's not the point....I don't remember what the point is actually..........stay in school kids.

SteveP

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

I don't understand  Most days there are other runners on the trails doing something very similar.One guy puts his arms straight out and says "Whoosh!!" through most of his run.....Actually, I made all that up, but that's not the point....I don't remember what the point is actually..........stay in school kids.

I don't know you

Sniffing Butts, Tag

TammyinGP

oh my gosh, you are priceless!

Tammy