Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 11.21.17 (Read 42 times)

deez4boyz I would think running around the hospital floor to handle emergencies would easily bring you up over a mile. Put on a Fitbit or some such and I bet you hit the mile mark before you are 4 hours into your shift.

I tried that angle -- work related activity doesn't count in the challenge 

I even pleaded for the 1 mile walk substitute as we did allow that a few years ago, but I was vetoed 

denise

zig; you'd be right at home in our tiki bar!

BEAUTIFUL evening, 65, no wind, great sunset! I ran along the Bay Trail (paved bike path) cuz I got a late start, and there's access just a little way from my house.

4 miles, middle 3k in 12:00 as a tempo and to make up for not being able to get more miles in.

This week is going to play havoc with my mileage. Two full days of driving up to Central Oregon to Mom's house and back. Entertaining and accommodating people while I'm there. I can probably sneak in some morning miles before life accomplice and kids crawl out of bed at the crack of 10-11. Looks like it's going to be unseasonably warm in Central Oregon, highs nearly 60 and lows in the 40's. I think there was snow an 10 degrees last year. Maybe I'll hit the Paulina Creek trail or Deschutes River Trail Friday and/or Saturday. Maybe even Thursday! My brother wants me to do some Turkey Trot in Eugene with him, but that's a little out of the way.

Have a great holiday everyone!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

mrrun

what a chatty bunch today - but no shout-outs!

we just came back from a free preview of "Bannister Everest on the Track" about the breaking of the 4 minute mile.  It's a good movie for running geeks, but not a great movie.  they brought in footage of Everest, Elizabeth II coronation, lots of interviews with the participants & the race was well-covered.  the director coaches Shalane (about the most interesting thing he said). It was a full house (right price) and many did not look like runners, so we're not sure why they were there.

marj

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Sorry but don't want my wife to get jealous!

to say nothing of the guys having to watch all the local goddess

in full-time swoon mode when Opie's been in town,  . .

<<<(Bellingham, Olympia, Eugene, etc.)>>>

ps - no particular reason but no need to post so much, you know.

Five more rainless miles - lots of 25-50 yard, highly-elongated puddles like the Finger Lakes along Seattle bike paths apparently designed for Southern California instead of for rain country but another afternoon abatement in the supposed “steady” rains predicted for the next week thwarted another chance for a first run in the rain in now more than five months to see if the driest summer/fall on record’s spoiled me for 26.2 miles this Sunday in the Seattle Marathon I’ve been doing in drizzles to deluges since 1990 whenever I’m around.  Maybe it forgot what real rain is supposed to be like. Guess we'll find out on Sunday.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)