Masters Running

The Tuesday Daily, 10.9.12 (Read 386 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Joe, congrats on a well-run 1st marathon!  When's the next one?

Twocat, I hope you and your DW heal up before Amsterdam!  I bet you'll have fun in any case.

DG - have fun at the track workout tonight! (I suspect you're going...)  My knee has been a little creaky for a week or so, but I figured it doesn't hurt while I'm running - only afterward - so no need to take a rest day or anything drastic like that.  Working so far - I think it's getting better.

I had an awesome sproinky 6+ mile run today at lunch, 9:24 average pace, running through the fallen leaves on the trails through the woods.  Cool and sunny.  Wish all runs were like that.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Congrats on your first marathon, Joe.  How are the quads after all that downhill?  I believe PDR and WRFB (who you may or may not know) were going to run this, too.  Great temps this year!

Quads are still stiff today...but good news is my knees which usually sound like cellophane cracking as I climb the stairs are silent and feel great.  Who knew 26.2 miles could cure knees...Wink

Joe, congrats on a well-run 1st marathon!  When's the next one? 

that is what everyone keeps asking...hmmm...Wink  Right now still enjoying Steamtown.Big grin 

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

SteveP

DG..The vet thinks Tag got a bite or a sting that became infected. It ruptured quickly and I personally thought he should have had at least a butterfly stitch. Last night, when we let him out, he came back coneless. This AM, I picked up the pieces and tossed them.

Pretty speedy Joe

That SOB TomW...

Holly, make sure DD knows that along with great power comes great responsibility. Make sure she reads enough comic books to be able to make wise choices.  PS..You are a great Mom and I hope our grandkids have one like you.

As I had today off from work, my heart wanted to get out on the trails. My body had other ideas. I know this is today and yesterday is not today, my run in with the law was the best part of the day. Except the people who were paid to be helping me bailed when the cops showed up. That part was funny.

SteveP

Congrats Joe!

Just under 3 miles this evening back here.  The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.  In other words, I really wanted to run again but I'm still pretty sore.  Went to band meeting with DS and we went out to eat.  I drove 1,100 miles (that's just the return trip) and it's good to be home.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Bushrat Runner

4 easy miles at lunch today.

We do schedule a lot of video meetings, telephone meetings, webinar meetings, etc. I probably spend more time in meetings than at any other single work activity. Which is not a complaint, just the reality when you get to the point where you have staff that do most of the actual labor and you've been around long enough that every manager wants your input on everything whether they need it or not. I'm happy to try to help where I can. 

In general, when a meeting is over 4 hours, it gets difficult to do by video. When it is more than one day, it can be quite difficult. And you may find this truly shocking, but even the federal government cannot get decent enough connectivity to make video conferences work well in remote locations, so video meetings in our office are very painful. But we do a lot of them anyway. 

For this one, we have people here from the University of Georgia, from Fairbanks, from Kodiak, from King Salmon, and of course Anchorage. We're trying to figure out how to monitor large animals in a fashion that is affordable but that still gets us enough information to be effective. Big animals are expensive to manage and track, we're trying to figure out how to do it most effectively for our purposes for the least money possible.