Masters Running

Grants Pass Half Marathon (Read 290 times)

TammyinGP

Thanks for the comments all. I have no idea how to add pics on this board. It's so much easier on KR - so if you don't mind here's the link to my RR thread over there and you can scroll down to see the pics if you want. http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42174

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Cool pics! I would hate the long grass, too, since at that point in the race I wouldn't be picking up my feet as well as I should, and would likely fall on my face. I love Aija's sweatshirt! Is she a KR person? Is it "Aija's sweatshirt" because she makes them, or is it "Aija's sweatshirt" because you stole it? Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Great photos Tammy and it looks like you had fun with friends at a great race. Even if the results weren't exactly where you wanted them to be, the benefits of racing with friends can outweigh everything else. Stylin' sweatshirt too! I just received word that the hat I ordered with an Aija design is on the way to my house. Thanks for the report and the photo link too! Good running. Karin

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

DickyG

Tammy... Sorry this took so long, but as I stated before, you looked strong and confident in the pics posted on the other site. Although (as you said), you might have taken it out a little fast, your overall time was terrific, especially running on grass & all that other stuff. I certainly couldn't have accomplished what you did. Congrats, girl! DickyG
              Love the photos. I'm jealous, you got to hang with Econo and met her mom! What kind of doc appt do you have, foot, regular, something else? Glad you ran this one and hope you get back into the swing of running things soon, Tammy. grins, A
              Masters 2000 miles
              huskydon

Tammy, Great job! Great pics too! I always thought of Grants Pass as a little town along the 5. I never thought it would have its own half marathon. huskydon
                coastwalker

Hi Tammy, You're right - a first-time race is always a question, especially if the organizers don't have any history. But it sounds like these folks knew what they were doing, and put together a fine race (despite the hard-to-run-on wet grass). Congrats on a good race (even if your time wasn't what you wanted it to be), and a good time hanging out with RA friends and their family. Sounds like it was just about a perfect day! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.