Masters Running

40s, 50s, 60s+ On the Run - w/e 12/12 (Read 359 times)

Leslie:  Nice to see you are consistent on all the forums. 

Well, I wouldn't want to disappoint my fans.   And hey, come back and see us again.  The more the merrier.  Oh, wait a minute - 2 Joes??

NJ - Hope the game's a good one.  The Hub and his Sports Pig buddy are down in the Bay Area for their one and only Raiders game of the season.  There's suppose to be a pretty good rain storm coming in.  Could get interesting.

Ev - Nice 7-er!  It's a shame you canceled the show, though.  I had a big bowl of popcorn and was ready for some drama.  Hot dogs and cake??  Sounds like The Hub's kinda of party.

Coach Bill, Karen, Charlie the Dog, and I were out in the forest for 14 for Coach and me.  Karen and Charlie had 16.  This was my last "easy" weekend for awhile.  Boo hoo. I felt really good, even though muh legs were tired.  Kept up with them, and even spent quite a bit of time ahead of them.

I then went over to Coach's house and he showed me some exercises for the new TRX system I bought.  Wow!  Talk about a core workout!  And not only core, but I can see what Karen was talking about when she said it really got your heart pumping.  I think this is going to turn out to be a really good purchase.  Now I just need to figure out how to find the roof truss/beam/whatever you call it in my workout room so I can attach the anchor to the ceiling.

AND - Our new bed just got delivered about 30 minutes ago.  Yea!!!  And with The Hub gone, it's all mine for the next two nights.  Woo hoo!  . . . . well, me and the cats . . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Ev  It's a shame you canceled the show, though.  I had a big bowl of popcorn and was ready for some drama.  

Well, it wasn't me who canceled it.  The producers were wanting to take the show in a different direction and frankly I wasn't comfortable with that.  They wanted to add a bunch more to my character like xtraining, healthy nutrition and such. They called it adding "depth" to the character.  I told them to take their depth and find some place where it fit. 

I was kinda getting fed up with their crap anyway.  They nevr put a couch in my dressing room as I asked.  Plus, my contract clearly states COLD beer and HOT nachos during breaks.....not the othr way around.  Sheesh.  So I guess you can just call it creative differences. 

Hope to get a long run in latr this morning.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Morning all,

Since Leslie invited me, I thought I would report on the 5K I ran this morning hosted by local running club.  The  5k became an informal due to freezing rain which started right before the race began.  As a result the asphalt on the paths  immediately started to freeze.

This 5k never sets anyone a PR anyway and is more of a winter series tradition just to run it.  The route involves a hill that is probably the steepest in the park and requires you to run down and then back up again.  This marks the midpoint of the race. So you can imagine the fun with 200+ runners on icy paths going up and down hill.  Those who run flat out in the beginning usually end up walking up this hill.  I managed a respectable 25:34 [8:14 pace] overall for race, i.e., finished midpack.  Not a PR but not too bad considering conditions of route.   

The volunteers at the turns were great especially the ones who had to stand in the freezing rain.  But they still cheered us on especially the ones at the top of the hill which felt really great.   Hopefully I will be as cheerful when my turn comes around.  Race was organized as usual and everything was great -except for weather.  Next week is the Jingle Bell run - 5.3 miles.

Happy Sunday.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Nice 5K, Shadow.  Especially in the freezing conditions.  It's great that Leslie invited you to report on the race, but nevr think you need an invitation to post.  Post often.....and post about whatevr you want.  Not many rules on this thread.

15 miles for me this morning.  Temp at the start was about 40F.....57F at the finish.  Dropped layers as the run went on. 

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

A lazy 4.5 on a raw high plains day with sub zero wind chills. I couldn't blow off my run today as much as I wanted to just sleep this morning as we are going to supper with Jonathan and wife tonite. His first question is usually did you guys run today? Anyway I made a quick stop back at the house after a mile warmup to get my ski goggles to cover some more exposed skin but was good to go after that and never got cold again. Weather here looks to warm up later in the week.  

I got a new 305 and used it this morning. My old one had gotten mighty tempermental and in need of repairs. We will send the old one in for a refurbished one that Lynda can try out. She has so far resisted the Garmin urge prefering a small sports watch so maybe this will let her decide if she wants the tech in a less clunky package ie the 405. I liked the new 310's because of longer battery life that would be good on my mtn hikes but reading the "Ant rants" about the problems with the wireless devices and difficulty transfering the data I stuck with the old tried and true again the price was right.

Shadowrunner nice going in all that ice!! Yes stop in often.

Ev nice 15er. Seems like you are ramping up, any races on the schedule? Them crappy producers anyway, warm beer and cold nachos is a dealbreaker any day!

Joe have fun at the game, a Giants win probably would help in that regard.

Leslie is the TRX system for strength training?

Hiya to the rest of the crew.

My job this past week is purchasing agent for farm inputs while Lynda has been working on scale tickets getting our grain under the right ownership and applying bushels to foward contracts and compiling yield proofs for the crop insurance.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III