Masters Running

Sat. Oct 3, the 1st weekend of the Fall Racing Season! (Read 483 times)

SteveP

Bill...Have a happy taper........kinda reminds me of a commercial......period.

One step at a time Larry.

Very kewl 15K Ribs.

We're pullin for you Teresa.

Sounds like fun WildChild

1.5 with DW and tag again. Plus we went though woods and swamp to look for Tag's vest. He didn't care for the leash. He hasn't learned that you can't be ticking off hunters who are packing fire arms.

emergency yodel

SteveP

dg.

suddenly so tired, I'm still fighting this cold... so will only say good luck everybody!!!!!!    

borrowing again from Ilene.... (thanks gazelleney)

10/04 Road Shuffler - Maine Marathon, Portland ME

10/04 mainerunnah - Maine Marathon, Portland ME

10/04 tetsujin - Portland Marathon (26.2 barefoot miles), Portland OR

10/04 Divechief - Portland Marathon (26.2 shod miles), Portland OR

10/04 GKA - Bridge to Bridge 12k, San Francisco CA 

10/04 CNYrunner - Wineglass Marathon, Corning NY

10/04 Rochrunner - Brooksie Way HM, Rochester, MI

10/04 WillRunForBeer - Wineglass Marathon, Corning NY

10/04 predawnrunner - Wineglass Marathon, Corning NY

10/04 henrun - Hampton Half Marathon, Hampton NH
      10/04 Marj - Hampton Half Marathon, Hampton NH

10/04 TomD - Spirit of Survival Marathon, Wichita MT. Wildlife Refuge, OK

will catch up tomorrow!

Good luck to all the racers!

Ribs - Congratulations!

7 relaxed trail miles this a.m. with Karen and Coach Bill.  Got to do concentrate on hill climbing since I wasn't going to be out there for miles and miles.  They're both getitng ready for the Whiskeytown 50k in October, and I tell ya, it sure was nice to wave goodbye to them and head home.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Excellent race ohhhhhhh wiseone. Congratulations. You will need to teach me a thing or two about pacing.

6 wet miles this afternoon. Of the more than 500 Autumn Leaf run racers I was the  only one who got wet since the racers ran in the morning while I ran the same course this afternoon to ensure that all the signs were picked up and no garbage was left behind. This was a ninth year of this event and it represents a bitter sweet moment for me since it was the last big event I organize as the community health educator for the hospital. My whole department was eliminated due to budget crisis. So as of Monday a new chapter will begin for me. Time to rest up a bit, refresh, rethink, clean the house and then try to fine new employment... and ....now I will have no excuse to run all the miles my heart wants to run. 

Go racers go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Excellent race ohhhhhhh wiseone. Congratulations. You will need to teach me a thing or two about pacing.

6 wet miles this afternoon. Of the more than 500 Autumn Leaf run racers I was the  only one who got wet since the racers ran in the morning while I ran the same course this afternoon to ensure that all the signs were picked up and no garbage was left behind. This was a ninth year of this event and it represents a bitter sweet moment for me since it was the last big event I organize as the community health educator for the hospital. My whole department was eliminated due to budget crisis. So as of Monday a new chapter will begin for me. Time to rest up a bit, refresh, rethink, clean the house and then try to fine new employment... and ....now I will have no excuse to run all the miles my heart wants to run. 

Go racers go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a good person. My heart goes out to you and others in the same boat.

SteveP

wildchild

Carolyn

Nancy, very sorry to hear the bad news.  You have a huge heart and I am sure you will land in a good place after all this. Good luck.    And enjoy running all the miles your heart desires - my highest mileage month ever was the month I was laid off. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Carolyn that is also my attitude. I will enjoy my time off. I know you guys care that is why I shared this news with you here, but PLEASE, ohhhh please let us not bring it up on the Sunday thread...we have terrific racers who are running this weekend and THEY should be our focus..

I just can't wait to see how the beers do this weekend...they are  half way to the insane asylum, you know.

Go racers go!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Posie - is commute to Seattle okay?

congratulations on AL #9 and on on keeping your 500 runners dry

Unforunately, had to scratch tomorrow's Portland but I guess it's a blessing

as it is work-related and may necessitate some travel <<<(japan/japan)>>>

Portland Marathon Race Day Forcast
                  Mostly Sunny
                  High: 67 °F RealFeel®: 65 °F

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #3309

0533. 67°. 91% RH. 16 character building miles. Two weeks to Indy!

Liz, darn, we will miss you.  We are going up Saturday to see the Solar Decathlon.

Teresa, I hope you have a blast tomorrow!  

Whoa, wait a minute....you comimg to Indy? I live about 50 miles East from there....are you running the Marathon at Fort Ben / Harrison? Let me know as maybe we could meet up.....but I am not running that Marathon though, but could run some miles as a "bandit" with Ya (grins) -----16 miles also today, a wave run. 3 miles at MP at 7:50 pace, then 3 miles at 1/2 MP 7:15....sped that up a little. Easy miles in between, but ended up with a ave pace of 8:11 for the whole run......I feel greta.-------Nice racing Steve (and smart BTW) - Ribs, sweet race there and AG placement - nice long runs to Bill ready for taper, and Holly nice long run tapering. ------TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Hey Tim, thanks for the shout-out.   You are way too fast to be running any miles with me!  But, I'd love to meet you if you are out on the course or wherever.  Maybe you can give me a bottle of water at mile18 or something?  Or we could meet up after the race?

We are going to scoot over to Columbus after we clean up.

DH Ralph is going to pace me at Indy.  My goal is 4:22.  (He ran a 3:29 in Myrtle Beach in Feb.)

Anyway, let's make plans later.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Nancy, you are a WINNER, and will come out just fine somehow.  But sorry. 

Now, how about a nice trip to the Oregon Coast?   Lots of places to run, you know.     Hey, there is a 5K and 10K Monster Race in Eugene on Oct. 24th that I will do with Econo's Ben.   Wanna Race?