Masters Running

Saddadey, 3.4.17 (Read 36 times)

TammyinGP

C-R: my condolences also about losing your mom. sounds like a peaceful way to go though so hope you find comfort in that. 

ouch on the tax bill. for the first time in probably close to 20 yrs we'll be paying in also. a few grand I think. did realize the feds took taxes on SS payments. thievery. Actually, if DH and I just weren't married on paper, he would not only get free health insurance but he wouldn't have to pay taxes on his SS either. just doesn't seem right. We live pretty modest, simple, don't spend much and still get zinged for more taxes.

concert last night was great. went from about 8-midnight. We saw Lydia Pense and Cold Blood. DH has known Lydia for years and years but we haven't seen her for about 17 yrs and while she can still belt it out, it's time to hang it up I think. she must be late 60's and hasn't aged very well and she's still living the tours/musician life (probably why she hasn't aged well), BUT the band was awesome and a few former Tower of Power members are in the band, so they did play some TOP music too. 

12 miles for me this morning. which was hard enough after a late night out, but even harder with the winds. 6 out and 6 back and the return was mostly gradual uphill and some pretty mean headwinds. at times so strong that it slowed us to a walk. oy!  but a good run and I'm glad it's done.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

We watched "The Arrival" last night, which I kind of liked. When they film "The Holly Story," I think they should use Amy Adams as the lead.

OMG, I LOVE Amy Adams!  That is such a sweet thing to say (even though we all know I have NEVER been that lovely).  I am looking forward to seeing The Arrival - that is just the sort of movie that I like.

{{{C-R}}]

RunnerKSA - How do they ban you?  They can't really keep you out, right?  I think I would feel tempted to keep popping in with comments like "Boo!!" and "Ha!  Still here!" and "NaNaNaNa!"  

Mike - Ouch!

No run for me today, nada.  DH had to work a half-day, so I went out early to stand in line waiting for the ticket office to open so I could get tickets for a Led Zeppelin cover band concert for DH and his buddies (it sells out quickly), then picked up DD from lacrosse practice, then went to get new cellphones (Samsung Galaxy s7, to replace the Galaxy s4 actives) with DH, which took over 2 hours for the whole process.  By then, my running mojo had all but disappeared.   Now I have been working on the computer the rest of the day, reclaiming most of the PTO I took off for Phoenix.  Ridiculous that I have 82 hours of PTO to use, but can't afford to take the time off.

But, heading to Jamaica next weekend for 4 days!  Of course, I will have to work 56 hours the following week to make up for taking time off....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

No. The private groups can totally ban you. You can't even see the posts or the main page.  You get a notice that says You Are Banned .   One person "owns" the group and she decided to ban me.  I'm a 64 year old lawyer who gets along with almost anyone, but she decided I'm a bully. It's a very dysfunctional situation. I still have friends from there.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Hi guys, just a quick post before MrStarr and I head out to a show, John Denver tribute band. Last night I went to see a movie at the auditorium by myself, surprised that they were able to get Manchester By the Sea. It was a good movie, but really emotional.

Enke, there is nothing like a race entry to get your mojo back. I signed up for a 10 mile race and that's what got me out the door today. Almost six miles on a cold, windy 34* morning. At least the sun was shining!

C-R, so sorry about losing your mom but there is something about passing so peacefully.

Henrun, so good that you are rehabbing and adjusting, have fun at the 5K.

Wildchild, I would like to hear more about your three weeks traveling in Mexico. I don't think I would be brave enough to do that.

Gotta go, show is at 7:00.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Marathon Maniac #957

No. The private groups can totally ban you. You can't even see the posts or the main page.  You get a notice that says You Are Banned .   One person "owns" the group and she decided to ban me.  I'm a 64 year old lawyer who gets along with almost anyone, but she decided I'm a bully. It's a very dysfunctional situation. I still have friends from there.

That seems totally unfair.  Have you emailed Eric about it?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R my condolences. As others have noted it is never easy losing a parent.

Mike E my goal is to owe the government money every April 15. If you get a refund all you did was give the government an interest free loan for the year. Better they should have given me one.

catwhoorg after you are done, if you still have cleaning energy come on over to my place!

Jlynne better you tried running on the TM so that you could just jump off like you did. Best wishes for a speedy heal up.

Henrun good luck with your race! You can prepare by eating lots of Irish soda bread. 

coastwalker try my smoked salmon recipe. I pretty much guarantee that once you have smoked salmon right off the grill everything else is salmon spam. Good thing the news guy did not want to have a long conversation!

My smoked salmon came out great! My DW, her friend, her friend's husband equivalent and I all split over a pound of it. I still have about 3/4 of a pound left for tomorrow. Writing of tomorrow it is the final race in the local Boston Buildup Series. The route is 25k and about as hilly as one can find around here. Due to the cold they pushed the race back 30 minutes.  Not sure that will help all that much. Instead of starting in 15 degree temperatures we will likely start in 16 degree temperatures.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Yes.  The owner of the group has the control. The group is small and barely limping along. I'm glad to be gone.

That seems totally unfair.  Have you emailed Eric about it?

evanflein

Yeah, private groups are just that: private and that means by invitation only. So you can be "un-invited" too. Glad to have you here, RunnerKSA.

45 minutes of pool running for me today. Lifeguard played the music too loudly and too much Rolling Stones. But it was a good set that helped the time go, and I had a lane all by myself. Then I spent the next three eff'ing hours shopping! Good grief. We were low on groceries before our trip, which is a good thing, but we've been home three days now and the house was really empty. And I don't know what it is about our grocery stores, but they always seem to be out of just what I need. How do they do that? Anyhow, got the house pretty well stocked up, and have a list for middle of the week to see if some of my other items get restocked.

I hear we could be in for another cold spell soon, with temps down to -45 by tomorrow evening. You know, I've lived here for many years, and I try to roll with it as much as I can, but -45 in March is just wrong. Getting more than a little tired of this winter (but at least I'm not trying to run out there in that!).

Mike E

MM #5615

I think I might start a private group...just so I can kick people out.

wildchild

Carolyn

Norm, I'm sorry about your mom's passing. Wishing you a peaceful heart and good memories of her.

We got home today from our long road trip - we left on November 19!  We went to Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California, New Mexico, Texas, and Mexico.  Living in our Sprinter van was actually pretty comfortable, although I did miss regular showers!  It was warm here today - in the 50s, and there's not much snow left at our house.  The driveway had a few drifts, though, so we had to walk about the last 1/4 mile home, and start up the plow truck to clear the drifts before we could get the van down the driveway.  Our thermostat was turned way down while we were away, so we turned up the heat and made a fire in the woodstove when we got here, and now it's pretty comfortable.

We'll only be home for 10 days, then we're heading off to Italy to travel with DD and DSIL!  We need to do the taxes before we go - hope we don't owe too much!

I went for a 3 mile run around the block this afternoon - my first run back at altitude!  I didn't feel too bad, although I had to walk a bit on the switchbacks.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Welcome back, birthday sistahhh!

RunnerKSA, we are so glad you are posting here! Welcome to our group.

Twocat, jealous of the people who ate  your smoked salmon tonight.  I know they are very, very tasty.

Holly, enjoy Jamaica. What will you be doing there? A race?

Well, this was a cut back week for me from my very agressive bumping up miles to be able to walk/run a marathon in 6 weeks . 15 miles today, which felt more like 22. The weather was great. The snowy mountain peaks took my breath away!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Thanks, all! Appreciate the welcome.