Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 2.9.18 (Read 40 times)

Love that picture, Holly!  So sorry about the Kroger snafu.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mariposai

Thrilled to announce my first 6 miler post injury around Green Lake in Seattle today! We shall see if the knee is happy with me tomorrow, but today is all good.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Tet, I don't know how well I'd sleep all hooked up like that. My mind would be replaying all the movies I've seen where those experiments didn't have the intended outcome.

Tammy, the scales at Dr offices' are rigged to elicit profanity. Not your fault.

Holly, one thing I learned from Dad was to back into parking spots as often as possible. It takes practice. The number of fender benders like that will drop dramatically as well as the number of kids who are hit while someone backs their car out of a space.

Yay Posie!!!

Two miles

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

falcon - interesting.  I thought he was just being nice so my first cyclecizing wouldn't be overly discouraging but Mr. Super Cycle indicated that the 9-14 range I was able to handle on the sensitive slidng scale might be closer to his bike's 14-22 range.  Hmmm, maybe that's why he said everyone seems to have their regular bike station.  I like it, though, if he's choosing the hard ones.  Just like my selecting what races to pay for instead of just trying to do the same on my own for which it's too hard to get the same incentive for running hard as in races. .

Tet, if it is a Keyser, they have to be recalibrated periodically.  What is "gear 9" on one bike may feel different (more or less resistance) on another bike.  Still like them though, a lot of good feedback for the rider.  BTW, if it's an early Keyser, and you are seeing things like power, calories, etc

the computer algorithms on those computers assume you are a 30 year old male.

Interesting, . . . especially since the bulk of the dozen or so riders were on the goddess side of the ledger and none of the men seemed anywhere near 30yo.  I can hardly wait to find out more tomorrow morning.  Maybe the tv'll have some of the Olympics on.

mariposai - supposed to be sunny all weekend. We’lol see.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Tammy, the scales at Dr offices' are rigged to elicit profanity. Not your fault.

This reminded me that one time when I was buying a scale, the photo on the box showed the scale reading 125, or something right around there. I told the cashier that if my scale didn't say 125 like advertised, I was returning it. 

Tammy