Masters Running

If you like long race reports, this one is for you. (Read 490 times)

Great RR, Kimmie.  I'm glad I could be of service getting you up Heartbreak Hill.  You did surge after we got over the hill, and I was happy to hang back and let you pull me along for miles after that.  I noticed you looking down a lot and figured you were looking at a pace band or Garmin (little did I know you were texting ) and knew what you had to do to finish close to 4 hours.  So you returned the favor big-time.  You ran a smart, well paced race

Here you are, a little right of center, in your visor (Photo credit: WRFB).

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

What a FUN report Kimmie!    It just cracks me up that you were able to text while running!!   I only ran one marathon, and also had my phone with me.   My husband would text me the mile marker and side of the road, but I didn't have glasses on, so I never could read any of them - let alone text back.  I always saw him though.  Big grin

I think you would look great in a bright yellow shirt!

Congratulations on completeing your first Boston Marathon!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats on joining the "jacket club!"  I have no doubt you'll be joining the "ugly yellow shirt club" if you put your mind to it!    Great RR - thanks for bringing us along with you!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Congrats on your first Boston Kimmie!  It can be overwhelming and easily throw you off your plan.  Running essentially the same first and second halves shows you kept within what your training allowed.

I enjoyed reading your report...it is fun to see Boston from a first-timer perspective.

-2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
          also on Twitter

Aaah - you've got the MM bug now!    If I could do it, you surely can.

You had a fine race, well-documented by a great race report.  I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time at your first Boston

It was fun spending time with you, and I'm sure we'll be seeing you at some future races!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Mariposai

I turned to a woman after we crossed the finish and said, "Now that was fun!"   Smile  

the day I run Boston this is what I want to say at the end.

Kimmie...you delighted me with your race report. Thank you for making it long. Some of us are in the virtual corral and may never be there to experience the fun...so you just made us all live the experience thru your race....you are one hot and awesome runner....we love yahhhhhhhh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Kim – what a great report!  I had so much fun sharing the first 16 miles with you – thank you, btw, for keeping me laughing and cheered for that time.  I never did catch up to you after the portopotty, but I’m not sure I could have kept up with you anyway....

I have a fairly nice picture of you in one of my marathon photo proofs – I’ll shoot off a quick RR in a couple days and post it there.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Girl, you can write a race report any time.  All the pre-race intrigue -- would the lack of sleep, giddiness, etc. have an effect? 

NO!  You ran the race like a pro!!!!!!  Congratulations!!!!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Kimmie

Thanks for the nice words everyone!

My first race report in this group and it's a novel!   Smile   I posted pictures on Facebook, but I don't remember how to post here.  Anyone help with that?

Speaking of facebook, I'd love to be friends with you all.  My real name is Kim Ogorek.

Cheers!   Have a good day!  I think I am ready to get back to it.   Last week was the marathon  and the 24 hour relay... all recovered, I think and ready to run!

Kimmie, you sure seemed to enjoy yourself, seeing friends, being cheered on by family, texting while running, and finishing well.  Congratulations.

TomS

I will say that this is one of the most detailed reports I have ever read!  As to possibly missing your family or anybody else in a big race; in my experience that is par for the course!  Spotting runners in a large crowd and spectators while running are both really tough!  You should feel charmed that you actually met everybody about where you were supposed to each time!  I am glad to hear you had such a good time and hope you have many more equally fun marathons ahead.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/