Masters Running

Tuesday, July 1st Daily (Read 544 times)

jules2

Vista, couldn't agree more about your comments about Eric I sent some more money the other day I hope everyone who posts does the same. No running today needed a rest its cooling off tomorrow so a long run is in order and a 10 mile TT on the bike Thursday first of the year.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Marathon Maniac #957

I got into a little altercation with a vicious insect today at the pool. I didn't see it, but it left a big stinger in my finger, and really really really hurt.
      I've heard that margaritas can help that... Big grin Henry - you look great in that outfit! I must say, very nice legs... Smile The sports doc said, “go ahead and cross-train – bike, elliptical, swim,” and I didn’t have any pain this morning when I was biking. But by noon I was limping badly again, with pain as bad as before. (sigh) I think it’s time for a second opinion. And a rest day. As I look longingly at the chocolate cake I made for DD’s birthday, knowing I haven’t done enough to work it off. I guess I’ll just go brush my teeth instead. Sad

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

5.45 miles this early evening. They were mowing the cemetary while I ran and dust was everywhere. I sort of felt like that cartoon character....."Pigpen" as I ran along. This has been a good day of posting in here today. I wore a Canada shirt on my run this evening too Henry, but I didn't have a nice Canadian flag to wear. Joey
        Vista
          8.03 miles relatively easy - 1:05:50 - (8:12) 81 degrees and 88 % humidity - first ten minutes or so in a light rain ... was hoping it would cool things off to no avail. This shower was a prelude to a couple of good size thunderstorms that came our way this evening. Hey Vista where in Maine did you grow up anyways?
            Hey Vista where in Maine did you grow up anyways?
            I grew up in Bucksport.
            Vista
              3 miles for me this warm afternoon. Good runs to all!
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              wildchild

Carolyn

I went for a nice long trail run in the local state park after work. I'm guessing about 8 miles in a little over two hours. Lots of hills and wildflowers and awesome views of the divide, which is still snow capped. The trail run reminded me of JJJessee - haven't heard from him in a while. Also I'm wondering about Twocat and his DW, and AAmos and her DH. Does anyone know if they're posting over at kickrunners?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

JJJ posts at KR, but I haven't been over there enough this week to know if he's posting... I think he is. Aamos and Twocat are strictly RA that I know of. Haven't heard from either in awhile... 6 miles along the bikepath tonight, and I did get rained on but just a little bit. This was one of those runs where you never know what to wear... capris and long sleeved tech shirt was really too much, singlet and shorts prolly wouldn't have been enough. Oh well... Avg pace was 8:13... I think this is my 4th run in the last couple of weeks at that average pace... must be telling me something? McMillan says it's too slow for tempo, too fast for "steady state" so I'm not sure what it is. Actually, on the McMillan calculator, I have a "dead zone" from 8:11 to 8:53 which doesn't register as anything on his list... but that's where I do most of my "just run" runs. Hmmm, not sure what to make of that. Forecast for this weekend looks awesome... I may run home from work tomorrow if I can arrange for DS1 to take "my stuff" home for me... Holly, hang in there grrl. And a bite or two of cake might be just what you need. (then have DH put it away)

Marathon Maniac #957

Actually, on the McMillan calculator, I have a "dead zone" from 8:11 to 8:53 which doesn't register as anything on his list... but that's where I do most of my "just run" runs. Hmmm, not sure what to make of that.
                    I think that's what we call "GA pace."

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I think that's what we call "GA pace."
                      That's what I call "haulin' butt". Big grin Can I say that on the internet?
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM