Masters Running

Keep Cool Runs Wed 7/7 (Read 675 times)

Screw it...I'll just get her a bottlle of wine....Same results and I can watch TV.

...you Romantic Devil you......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

6 miles tonight in the 90s again and thats at 8:00 PM. Lots of sweat . Pretty hard.  They say one more day and then a little cool down for the weekend. Back into the 80s. I  probably  don't want to do to many more until this breaks a little. Only 4 on the schedule for tomorrow so thats a plus.

Where is Tim ?

Steve P,

way to conserve energy for the important part 

Mary,

I need new running clothes also. My DW says I will be wearing a loin cloth pretty soon.

stay cool and run safe everyone

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

4.2 miles outside bike ride today - not much but still getting used to this bike and clipping in and out - havent been on it as much as i hoped so far

track workout:  ladders - 400/800/1200/800/400  -  1:54/4:00/6:23/4:14/2:00

with warm up, ladders, cooldown managed to get in 4.2 miles running - same amount as on the bike!!

also spent almost 3 hours cleaning out youngest son's old bedroom which has become the catchall room - dripping sweat the whole time but i love the heat and humidity (ok maybe not for long runs but in general i love it!)

now need some sleep to prepare myself for the explosion of teenagers tomorrow -- youngest son turns 16!!  how on earth did that happen????????????????

mariposai - you're flying in to Logan and going to Portland????  any free time in there???  i'll be in Old Orchard Beach Maine starting July 19 - coming home to work a few nights that first week but then hoping to stay in Maine from 7/22-8/2 ..........portland's not that far and i dont mind driving ...... just saying

denise

For some reason, today's daily just amused me enormously.  Thank you all for the grins, when I most needed them.  I had some clients come back who I thought were on the right track--this is one of the hardest parts of my job for me (getting new files on folks I thought were on the right track), so I do appreciate the lightness of spirit and intelligence here.  Thanks so much.

Our home town paper ran a front page article on how we scored very poorly in terms of obesity rates--I think we were 15th in the nation.  Since I'm not a native, I won't comment, but Meat is a very big deal here. 

The Red Sox are breaking my heart (it's ok, it's happened a few times before)--and no, no, no, NO sending Youk anywhere--we are jinxed--he need to go home and just sleep and rest.

Oh!  and to take advantage of our lovely weather, DH and I tucked in 4 miles or so after work.  It's about 8 pm here and we're about to have dinner on our large (but rustic) screened in back porch.  We're at 6-3, sigh.

grins, as in smiling through.....

A

Masters 2000 miles
          Mariposai

dz, please check your email here.

Of course I always have time for friends!

What a great day in RAworld today...Enkie...thanks for gifting us so many smiles all day long.

Erik(a) what did you ended up doing with your car?

Amy....you are so awesome!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

Nono – “combat yoga?”  My DD would LOVE that!

Oh yeah.  My children leave me alone until I get into a balancing pose, then unleash their fury on me! 

Did 3 1/4 miles of hill sprints on the TM today -- some this morning and some tonight!  Yeah.  I managed to split up 3 1/4 miles!   (I need the smiley of the guy ROFL) I think I'm in the lead for "Slacker of the Year" contest.

Craneium, it's good to read that ART is helping your calf! 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I delight in eating dried cherries all year around.

Hey posie, are those your same kind of dried cherries from the 2007 Bellingham Marathon Boomer Reunion when we found out about a new 100K six days later that sounded like a good opportunity to check out how much training would be necessary for a possible 100K of my own in 2008?  You said just have some of these and you probably won't have to wait until next year.  I did and I didn't 

(thanks enkie but I found a stash of sea urchin roe so I'm back to normal again)

ps - maybe take deez and sue for a barefoot run on the Portland beach over there.

pps - maybe some barefoot beach photos like tammy had from Newport

to say nothing of someone's hike this last weekend. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Nancy, believe Denise when she says she doesn't mind the driving. She was awesome when we were there for the Boston Marathon, driving us all over.

I ended up taking my car (and DS2) to DH's office, he put his motorcycle in his office and drove my car home. I ran home on the longer hillier route and oh geez did that feel hard. My legs feel like rubbery noodles. Not sure if I over did the weeding/gardening this weekend, the running, the late nights... all of the above? Bleh. But, I have run a couple of good longish runs this week already, and tomorrow can take it easy. And I'll try to get to bed earlier tonight, too.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

erika - do you put aluminum foil on the windows in the summer or are you used to it?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)