Masters Running

Labor Day Runs, Workouts, and Cookouts! (Read 374 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Slo- WOW on the long run yesterday!

CNY- WOW on that BLAZING 20K PR!! geesh you're fast!  and that was running through it too!

4 EZPZ didn't feel EZ miles in 38:09 (9:32 pace, AHR 141)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

first 10K of annual Super Jock'n'Jill Half Marathon in ~1:02Tight lippedx and rest of  1:15Tight lippedx.

Saw King of Pink coming in on the out-and-back like it was a 5K.  Dea Italiano just a blur

I steeled for last minute DOR $65 registration but they ran out of shirts and only charged $25.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Hey Tet! Sounds like it was a good day for you with a srlopez sighting too?

Results are up and I ran faster than I thought: 1:28:30 for 7:08 pace with a 44:13 10k split ---7th out of many in my age group (last time as a 44 year-old) and 350th out of 2,265---Thanks for the props SLO and Perch

Sweet long run SLO_HAND.

Okay....now to the rink

Nice race, CNY!  You are seriously fast!  I'm glad you're pleased with your results.  It makes all this seem worthwhile, doesn't it?

6 miles today (and 12 yesterday).

Then we spent the rest of the day doing chores around dawndaughter1's apartment, and helping out with the baby. Tonight we're babysitting while the new parents sneak off for a few hours to celebrate their upcoming 2nd anniversary.  I hope they're not too tired to enjoy themselves.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Happy Labor Day folks!

Karin - wow - nice race!!  I wish DH and I had signed up for the 20K - maybe next year.   

we're probably going to do the Niantic Bay half later this month as a tune-up for the MCM in October.

We slept until 7:00 this morning - boy did that feel good.  Didn't make it to the trail until nearly 9:00, but it was still in the 50's with no humidity -sweet!  12.5 miles @ 9:49 and 154 AHR.  Had to mow the lawn after the run - won't need it too many more times this year ;-).  

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

evanflein

Holy carp you're fast, Karin! Excellent race. Can't believe you weren't top in the AG, but I guess you did say it was an elite field. Still, wow. Very nice!

Startin' to be an echo in here....Nice race, Karin!

Lots of strong runs over the weekend.

5 recovery for me today, 48:10

Walt

Holly oh I wish that would happen to us.  I so miss having a cat.  But DW is currently adamantly opposed to us getting on. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

wildchild

Carolyn

Sometimes the best pets are the ones that just appear in your life - seems like fate or something. Holly, if you don't keep the kitty, I hope you find its owner.

Karin,  wow!  I can't run that fast for one mile downhill, let alone for a 20K race!

Out for 7 cool miles, 5.3 with the dogs and then another 1.7 alone.  There was some misting rain followed by a spectacular rainbow!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

late check in for an early morning run. 6 miles of hills.

Tammy

Manchild

I celebrated Labor day by laboring, that's right, I worked.  Got home around 3:45 or so and went for a nice 5.3 mile run in 50 minutes and then settled down for a kabob cookout with two couples on our deck.  Hope everyone had a nice day!!!

Renee the dog

Holly oh I wish that would happen to us.  I so miss having a cat.  But DW is currently adamantly opposed to us getting on. 

We can make arrangements....talk to me.

3 mi on the sand tonight...nice and easy.  10 people total on beach. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  Now that's the way I like it.  Should blast Buffett's "Coast is Clear" but I won't.  Not that I'd disturb anyone.

Finally am pulled together enough to say "Farewelll Cheyenne." Didn't know you but know you were loved dearly.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

TWe found a stray cat (all black, made me think of Erika's Midnight), meowing piteously and let her follow us home, where I put some food out for her.  DH is mad at me now, because kitty is hanging around outside.....

First Rule of Stray Cats - Don't Feed Them 'Cause They Automatically Become Yours!  And yes, I would have to agree with Erika - black cats are the best.  . . . . so is it a boy or a girl?  What're you gonna name him/her?  Is he/she fixed? Have you set up a cozy little bed for him/her?

Today was suppose to be a rest day, but that was a total joke.  3+ hours of yard work, and my back is none to happy about it.

Holly - I watched an informercial for a workout program called Insanity.  Check it out.  It might be right up your alley.  I've watched the YouTube video over and over and am trying to figure out how I could incorporate it into my running program.  I like the idea of it because you don't have to have any special equipment.  Just your own body.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

WOW, great runs SLO and CNY!!!!!

Woke this morning to thunder and lightning so I decided I'd wait until the kiddos were napping later in the day to run.  So it was H&H when I got out the door, 5 mi @8:15 pace.  I thought it was an easy pace but easy is always relative come the first run after a race.

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
                              evanflein

Like Leslie, I took a "rest" day today that include over 6 hours of intense housework! I can't remember the last time our house was vacuumed like this, and I scrubbed the kitchen and both bathroom floors as well.  Wow, what a mess. First non-running day since 8/17. I think I've been taking about 2 "rest" days a month for the last couple of months. But I've been messing them up with other stuff, so not "truly" rest, but oh well. Gives me feet a break.