Masters Running

Race Reports for the October 21 & 22 weekend (Read 28 times)

Mariposai

Wishing a very successful race weekend to all our RA Master racers!!!

0/21 spacityrunner - Cossatot River Trail Run: Half Marathon, AR

10/22 deez4boys - Marine Corp Marathon

10/22 PBJ - Marine Corp Marathon

10/22 Opie - Monster Run Quarter Marathon, Las Cruces,

Now, go run your race, take pictures and come back to tell us the story in a race report format.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Hi everyone,

Sorry - I can't provide a classic PBJ race report.

The marine corp marathon is an awesome race.  20,000 plus runners and lots of inspiration.

The summary of my run - I got stuck in the 4 hour plus section of the starting area, so I went out way too slow in the first couple of miles.  Then I tried to make up the time way too quickly.  Then I tried to fool myself into believing I could keep up that pace.  Then I bonked at mile 17 and hung on to finish, with lots of walking breaks.  Even experienced marathoners can make mistakes!

Anyways, net time was 3:35:28, so it gets me BQ'ed for 2019.  I'm not gonna complain!

TammyinGP

I also had a race that I thought I included in the race thread. maybe I forgot to add it. 

But I summarized it in the daily.

10k: 1:00:30

4/6 AG. 

pretty easy road race with a few small inclines, and declines, here and there. Nothing special really, but fun nonetheless. My 10K PR is on this course, but I'm sure I'll never touch it again at 52:05.

Tammy

PBJ - well done!  Sounds very much like my first MCM experience in2007.  Spent way too much effort weaving around folks the first few miles and by mile 18 it was game over for sub 4:00...staggered to a 4:20.  That is a great setting for a race - glad you did well and BQ'd.

Tramps

Nice PBJ!  Boston bound!

That's no easy feat.  MCM is the closest race to me but I never was interested in doing it because of the crowding and logistics issues that are commonly reported.  Great that you got it done in such fine fashion.

Be safe. Be kind.