Masters Running

Happy 2013 Equinox (9/22/13), especially erika (Read 41 times)

Jlynne, wow, that sounded like a full Enke*, and I'm going to give you an asterisk on that for doing it in the middle of an intersection.  Glad you were able to run home and will bounce back soon.

Erika, congrats on rocking out another super Equinox time.

I missed what Opie did, but hear it has him on cloud nine, awesome.

I was going to run around noon, then came a torrential downpour for a few hours, and I was almost ready to just not bother.  Then the sun came out!  So I did a 5 mile progression run, on my hilly route 11:00 / 10:51 / 10:12 / 9:56 / 8:44.  It was a bit slow as my legs were tired from the trail run yesterday, but I was very happy with that last mile!

I baked an apple pie from scratch today.  In August we made huckleberry and blackberry pies, from picking wild berries in the neighbourhood.  Those were good!  What should I try next?  (don't say pumpkin)

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

Like Erika, I spent a good part of my day working in the garden. I have probably over 10 pounds of cherries tomatoes to dried still and kale to find ways to use this week.

Enkie, look at  you running very strong! I would be pleased with those paces as well, specially after your trail run yesterday. Enkie, peach pie is yummie.

Opie, way to go on your age wins as well.

I have to go back later to see who else race this weekend, but time it is time to eat.

My yard work made me delay my run today. I left the house literally as the wind was starting to pick up and the rain coming. By mile 4 was raining very hard. I thought to call the Easy Pacer to come and get me, but then I actually was having fun running in the rain that I just kept on going. 14.7 Joking miles on my favorite route.

On the way back to Omak I saw this

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Erika is outstanding.

Jay, you do a lot in 24 hours.

(((((JLynne)))))

The ignitor in the oven went out during the week. I went the largest locally owned appliance store in the county and was told that I was mistaken. on the rare occasion I got home on a weekday before 5:00 PM, I called the store with more info and was told it was the ignitor and yes, they have one in stock. Friday, I took the ignitor out and took it to the parts place on Saturday AM. They needed more information, so I called DW for the info. They have to order the part and it's $20.00 more than what I was told over the phone and it may be in Wednesday. I ordered it, then left without the broken part.. Then I remembered a hole in the wall appliance joint I pass every time I get fuel for the work trucks. The woman at the counter asked which brand, reached behind her and I walked out with the ignitor. She also told me one cheesey thing the manufacturer does that is confusing and how to work around it. The repair was the better part of the weekend and Saturday's run got canned.

DW, Tag and I put in a few dusk miles tonight. DW went clockwise on the trail while Tag and I went counterclockwise. It made sense at the time. Near the end of the loop, Tag and I hadn't seen DW, but we saw a truck parked and it was getting dark and it's bear season now. Tag stayed close as we back tracked on the assumption that DW saw the truck and went counterclockwise as well. Went made the clockwise loop and I had a feeling DW had her own adventure and went back to the truck. When we got to an open field, I asked Tag, "Where's Mom" and he bolted to towards the truck until he got to the forest again and it was dark again. He waited for me. Sure enough, DW was in the truck reading. She got a mile and a half in. The dog and I got about 4.

SteveP

Rest today

congrats again to Erika!

Tet - we may have to sneak in the gate for a moonlit swim at Walden - no worries I am right there with you

okay I CANNOT believe that I missed an oyster festival. Jay - keep us in mind next year!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Whew, jeanne.  Do that on the Equinox and slip/slide into the woods never to return.
            It’s okay tom, once a runner, always a runner but where is mikeE when we need him?  Yep, I  miscalculated my DD’s birthday for the 40th time.  She can’t figure out why I can’t figure it out.  Neither can I.  However, I think the necklace from this summer’s duty-free shop I sent up on Friday’ll make up for it a little bit.  Oh well.

LaT - it wouldn't be the first time, that's for sure but, that fence thing kind of conflicts with the image of WP I've had for all these years.  As if it hand't chaned in the past 160 years?  Any pictures of you or henry in the water without the fence background? I wonder if Henry T swam there too.  I guess so.

Congratulations paul and opie.

It’s about time ilene got some company in the PR department.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)