Masters Running

Forest Ranch Four 50K race report (Read 37 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow - way to knock a tough 50k out of the park - great race and report!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Wow, congratulations on the AG podium finish! Also, nice timing there with the weather. Did you do a sun dance to get the rain to stop just in time? 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TammyinGP

Did you do a sun dance to get the rain to stop just in time? 

I think my overall sunny disposition is what worked 

thanks for all the compliments friends!  
        I do think that overall, in the comparison of various 50k's, this was probably an 'easier' one because of the lower amount of climbing involved. 2400' ft of climb really is not much over the course of 31+ miles and about 1/2 of that was within the first 10 or so miles.  Any other 50K around this area is going to have more than that. So, this would definitely be a course I'd go back to if I were looking to try and PR my time. Heck, I'll go back and run this, or another of their races, just because they do such a great job at putting on an event!

Tammy

Joe618

Excellent RR and race, Tammy!!   That's just a terrific time on a 50K.   And a podium spot to boot!!  Well done!!!

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Great report and congratulations again!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

wildchild

Carolyn

Thanks for the RR - congrats on another successful 50k!  Looks like a pretty place to run, although I personally prefer more single track and less dirt road.  The aid stations sound amazing!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Great race and placement!  Sounds like a wonderful organization to put on such a well supported race.  Thanks for the report.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Alexander R

Tammy, congratulations on an excellent race! It is a great time and 2nd AG, so close to 1st AG speaks for itself. Very well done!!