Masters Running

TGIF 4/24 Master Runs, Rests and Recovery (Read 514 times)

TammyinGP

Batman Easter Eggs . . . Confused made of bat guano maybe?

Tammy

There are some clips of Hugh Laurie on Youtube from his comedian days.....House fans might enjoy his British side. And now that everybody is talking about new guitars, I should confess that I recently played an extremely sweet G&L bass guitar that has been burning a hole in my pocket for some time.....I confessed to the music store dude that I was on a "two kids" budget and could only marginally afford to get new strings for my upright and my J-bass repaired......still, a boy can want. So, a tempo run for me: 8.03 in 1:00:50, 7:35's on the nose. I'd like this to be my marathon pace, but my HR for this run, 161/176, tells me that I'm not there yet. Maybe this fall. Walt
      evanflein

CNYrunner so sorry to hear about your friend. Hope you've got some happy memories to help you smile. Mary, thanks! Big ol' soft milker muzzles, I love it. Do they make those wonderful little grunts and snuffle sounds? Steve, you are a gem. Lamerunner, thanks... and guess what. I just got back from the doc and it's not what I thought at all. Move over, girl. I'm sharing the sciatica bench with you. Or I guess I'll take it over since you're getting up and moving on now! My lower lumbar vert's are a mess with lots of bony growths causing nerve compression and disc bulges. Oy. So, lots of PT ahead for me, oral steroids and rehab. Re-eval ini 6 weeks. Shots are a possibility but only if no relief from this first round. Bodies are funny, they can be so sly and tricky and what you think you have, you really don't. What you never thought of is causing all the trouble!!

Beginner all over again

Hello Everyone Smile I'm new. I took the day off but walked one mile today. Smile.

lamerunner

Erika, it is amazing what will nail us when we least expect it....! I will keep the sciatica bench warm and the wine chilled. I hope the treatments work. My shots have helped a lot, but it is too early to tell the long term. I have rhematoid arthritis too and I am on some meds, so it gets tricky. Hope your back resolves quickly. Are you close to hiking/climbing? Alaska is on my list ... Hang in there.
              evanflein I do not know much about sciatica but I am sorry to hear you have it. I sure hope that the current treatment works and you are good to go in six weeks. If course, that will still put you 11 weeks behind my no running streak! Tongue

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

lots of PT ahead for me, oral steroids and rehab. Re-eval ini 6 weeks.
                Erika, does it mean not running for six weeks? Maybe a second opinion is in order. Remember Dr. Feman at our 2007 Seattle SM festivities? He's been pool running for seven months while PF healed and, goin' out for cold turkey last Saturday for a 15 mile group run, he was keepin' up with the youngun's. He's a run-through-it advocate but at reduced paces that avoid any pain/discomfort (that permitted me to run a hamstring hampered marathon all the way but at 7:09:54). I don't want it to happen for you but, if it does, maybe you can join me doing a 13:30 - 15:30'ing the RnR with the heretofore mostly non-running dh's <>peter/dan)>>>. I know we'd all do almost anything (except the necessary training) to have goddess company. My back seems to be okay when running and, with a couple more weeks of tapering on the agenda, I'd give it to you to use except it takes a long time to unbend nowdays. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

DW and I took our grandson out for two additional miles. The young man is way too kewl.

SteveP